japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

there's a bunch of DJ equipment stores in Udagawacho.

also kanda area is full of stores with musical instruments

best deals = kanda

Wondering if anyone snagged anything good from new year's sales or got anything interesting in a fukubukuro. Popped into Isetan for a bit this morning and it was a hot mess in there - ended up coming out empty handed. Pretty much got tired of shopping after being in there for that short time.

Edited by breams

I'm currently staying at the Weekly Mansion Akasaka until 1/7/2012 morning. New Year's Eve party was cool jet lag plus liquor caught up to me today though so after walking around Shibuya i came here and knocked out at 8pm. What else is good to do out here?

Edited by Sais

^ I stayed at the Yoyogi Youth Hostel a few years ago. It's cheap and clean, but the big issue is that you can't be on the premises from like 9am til 6pm or something silly like that. Also seemed like the majority of the people staying there were middle-aged chinese men.

Hotel sunroute is not bad, its a block or two across from Lumine in Shinjuku. Theres also a hotel to narita shuttle every hour that picks up from the hotel, so getting there and going to narita isnt bad, takes about an hour and a half and is 3000 yen.

Guys I'm booking my Tokyo trip, and some advice on which of these two hotels would be best overall...the hyatt regency in Shinjuku and the marriott courtyard in Ginza...I can get both for a similar rate so it breaks down to which will be the better location, clean, and helpful staff. Thanks for any input guys

I went it Wire11 and Metamo(well Moodymann @ Liquidroom) last year, would have loved to go to labyrinth instead but didn't work our with my schedule.

I'd definitely like to try to make labyrinth plus anothers fest next time, I know Freaks Village is right around that time too and and pulls a pretty good line-up.

just general tokyo advice:

Stay away from the Sakura House Hotel in Shinjuku.

That place is super filthy and you could find much better accomodations for your money.

Staff was rude. Sheets, carpet, and even walls were dirty.

/rant

nice, did not know of those other ones so thanks for the heads up

any sites, blogs i can keep up to date with the scene?

mmm not really, but I know mnmlssgs is based in Tokyo and posts about events and stuff sometimes.

but be warned there's a lot of wayyyyyy too philosophical musing about dance music

Edited by 5-4=Unity

just general tokyo advice:

Stay away from the Sakura House Hotel in Shinjuku.

That place is super filthy and you could find much better accomodations for your money.

Staff was rude. Sheets, carpet, and even walls were dirty.

/rant

YO I WAS JUST ABOUT TO BOOK WITH THEM.... im coming to tokyo in april for 2 months

do you have any places in mind that could rock the shared house type living arrangements for comparable price?