japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Ginza one for sure, the only one you really need to go to.

I disagree.

The world's biggest uniqlo is the one near my house in Gotanda.

I'm dead serious.

What happened to Raf? Pretty surprised to see the Aoyama store is gone and they arent at Isaten either. I went to a place (Eliminator i think in Ebisu/Daikanyama?) that used to stock and the guy said that there is only a few samples floating around Tokyo for SS11

so many empty shops compared to the first time i was here

quick random question. will stores in japan accept ¥ notes if they have been torn in half and taped back together? angry ex-girlfriend concept.

Japanese bills are very cheap and they often rip if you keep them loose in your pocket (especially if they get wet). Happened to me countless times and never had any problems getting shops to accept them.

I disagree.

The world's biggest uniqlo is the one near my house in Gotanda.

I'm dead serious.

you posted this while we were in midair on the flight home. :(

ginza was ok, got some stuff, but i was hoping the flagship would be more like the NYC store in terms of size.

you posted this while we were in midair on the flight home. :(

ginza was ok, got some stuff, but i was hoping the flagship would be more like the NYC store in terms of size.

The new flagship on Shibuya Dogenzaka is also huge.

The Gotanda uniqlo has shoes and some other shit that I have never seen elsewhere. Also, they have the world's largest selection of +J (and also there's like no one who buys +J there). Actually, I've bought some +J slacks at Gotanda on sale before. This was like 2 weeks after the SS drop date. One of those special Sunday deals I presume.

*In case you are not familiar, each uniqlo store runs weekend deals e.g. heattech shirts for 1000 yen

The new flagship on Shibuya Dogenzaka is also huge.

The Gotanda uniqlo has shoes and some other shit that I have never seen elsewhere. Also, they have the world's largest selection of +J (and also there's like no one who buys +J there). Actually, I've bought some +J slacks at Gotanda on sale before. This was like 2 weeks after the SS drop date. One of those special Sunday deals I presume.

*In case you are not familiar, each uniqlo store runs weekend deals e.g. heattech shirts for 1000 yen

damn, thanks for the heads up. i was actually hoping to get a bunch of +J shirts, but didn't find any. oh well, my wife and i may be going back at new years. and now i know the deal.

damn, thanks for the heads up. i was actually hoping to get a bunch of +J shirts, but didn't find any. oh well, my wife and i may be going back at new years. and now i know the deal.

+J tailored items are good. Don't bother with the shirts. They b pretty crappy.

My bad, yeah closed down, 3 retailers will carry it now:

UNITED ARROWS

札幌店、丸の内店、名古屋店、梅田店、福岡店

UNITED ARROWS & SONS

ROCK & ROLL STORE HARAJUKU(SPACE BEACHのみ)

東京都渋谷区神宮前4-21-5 3F (BAPE STORE® 原宿 3F)

03-5474-8869

And A HOMME

東京都渋谷区神南1-4-8

03-5728-6685

Otherwise ZozoTown also carries it online.

The BBC store is currently next to American Rag Cie Shibuya.

Coming from the station, you keep walking towards the fire station past OIOI and stuff. Take a left right before the And A store. It's on the right side. Kinda close to midwest and stuff.

I didn't know it was moving to where phenomenon/SWG store was.

Hmm.

Anyone know of any outdoor playgrounds near the Aoyama area...or anywhere? I know of one in Daikanyama, but looking for somewhere to do a free ghetto workout.

yoyogi koen

was this too obvious?

how about shinjuku gyoen. you can get a pass.

if you are talking about doing prison style work out e.g. pull ups, i don't think there are many places with playgrounds due to liability issues.

i know there's one somewhere between shibuya and daikanyama cause i see one when im on toyoko-line.

oh wait,

what about that huge playground in front of shibuya jidoukan (across from Nepenthes tokyo).

you might scare the little kids.

Komazawa koen is also a fine option.

fuck, I'm asking a cell phone in this thread (didn't think it'd be me)

anyone try this?

http://www.softbank-rental.jp/en/phones/sim3g.php

2nd question would be, my iPhone is locked and stock, can I still swap SIMs like this? I'm not talking about breaking down my iPhone at an airport counter with screwdrivers and shit, I have like 5 minutes to pick this thing up.

Yeah, this is what I do

Tether my iPhone and chill for a couple hours, by the time the battery starts draining it's time to leave anyways

Gonna be attempting to do some domestic travel during Golden Week! I usually make it a point to leave the country, but want to see some friends. Already have everything booked, but how bad are things like Disney or USJ during this time?

did u go to Disney in the end?

if u did, what was it like?

I went to Kanazawa for GW, was really nice and quite. nice to be able to enjoy the place without having to queue for everything (although we did have to wait 2 hours for some sashimi-don! )

fuck, I'm asking a cell phone in this thread (didn't think it'd be me)

anyone try this?

http://www.softbank-rental.jp/en/phones/sim3g.php

2nd question would be, my iPhone is locked and stock, can I still swap SIMs like this? I'm not talking about breaking down my iPhone at an airport counter with screwdrivers and shit, I have like 5 minutes to pick this thing up.

riding on , how bout other phones like blackberry ? i need some bbom but can't seem to find which telco is offering the best deals .

Who from Sufu is in Tokyo over the next 10 days?