japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Also does anyone have recommendations where to get a tattoo in tokyo?

Try asking in the tattoo thread in superculture - a number of people there have gotten tattoos in Tokyo.

+1 on that Transit Tokyo book. Went to a place from there last night and ended up talking with the owner all night. Was giving us free food and drinks so it ended up being pretty fun. Damn the current exchange rate though :(

Try asking in the tattoo thread in superculture - a number of people there have gotten tattoos in Tokyo.

+1 on that Transit Tokyo book. Went to a place from there last night and ended up talking with the owner all night. Was giving us free food and drinks so it ended up being pretty fun. Damn the current exchange rate though :(

Horimasa is super fucking sick.

http://56.tattoo.jp/

I don't know how hard it is to get an appt there but this guy does insane looking stuff.

Heading over to Tokyo for the second time in November. Any clues on which spots might have older season Visvim? Or any good used streetwear stores apart from Heatwave, ragtag and PX?

There's a bunch of small consignment stores in Shibuya and Harajuku. A lot of smaller consignment stores list their items on yahoo auction. Find stuff on yahoo and then find the retail locations from the listings.

One example is Range Keeper. It's at the end of center gai near that American steakhouse (longhorn?) and Yoshimoto-mugendai hall.

Heading over to Tokyo for the second time in November. Any clues on which spots might have older season Visvim? Or any good used streetwear stores apart from Heatwave, ragtag and PX?

Chapter usually have quite a lot of older seasons visvim, but the stock depend on the stores and there's usually few sizes

Yeah, at a "normalized" FX level, cameras are generally a little cheaper in Japan, but not much. With the yen where it is now, US is definitely cheaper.

Big electronic store would be your best bet. Yamada Denki and Yodobashi Camera are the biggest stores, they're everywhere. I'd recommend getting a fidelity card as you accumulate 10% of all purchases as points (so you can use the points earned on the camera to buy accessories, etc).

look @ the prices on kakaku.com

DSLRs are generally cheaper in Japland.

Canon T2i (Kiss X4) lens kit is about 53500 yen while it's like around 850 bucks in the US

Yamada and other discount electronic stores aren't necessarily cheap.

Their prices tend to be pretty high. The only benefit is that they give you "points" back (about 15%). You can use the points to cop extra jawnz.

yo, what's the etiquette on addressing a company in a letter?

Dear Companyname-onchū?

i have no specific contact so trying to figure the best means of addressing generically.

That's redundant. It's like saying Dear Dear company name

The chances of a Japanese retail store picking up your fashion & art crap are extremely slim. If your products are good, they WILL find you.

meat between buns... can't got wrong.

ha

fuck I'm tired.

Often found taking 'em to non-Japanese food restaurants did work in ones favour cuz you can impress with your knowledge of other cultures.

what are hot date spots that will get a girl to sizzle. eau cafe at daikanyama. what else? bars, restaurants, etc. imma end up at a burgershop. i know it.

PM'd

.10chars

just found out i'll be in Tokyo for a second time in a few weeks and could't be more excited. had a good deal of fun my first trip but god damn can that place be intimidating and overwhelming place for a lowly american 20 something. fortunately, there'll be a few Japanese friends who've lived in the area while to squire me about this time. oh so essential for a confused and uninformed gajin such as myself.

any recommended Tokyo travel reference websites for a fashion/food/all-around-sufu savvy renaissance man? tryin' to bomb on japan like the enola gay, feel me?

If anyone has a local cell # they'd let me temp use to register for mixi (I have no idea what my account was), pm me and I'd <3 them forever. (and a day)

you need a local number to register for mixi?

wtf?