japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

checked out Fadeless.

quite awesome.

worth the walk up the hill for sure.

(it:s across from the CC Lemon auditorium btw)

Yeah. Probably selling some old deminz so I can cop another pair.

They are cut insanely slim. Had to buy a 33...

They only have 1-2 pairs of big sizes. I think 33 is the largest size they make right now.

i am wondering if anyone from japan can proxy me some ciggarettes? send me a pm if you wanna help me out thanks!

Lulz.

You live in Santa Clara.

Mitsuwa has a shit load of Japanese cigs e.g. mild seven

nice to see this thread is still active.

i'm experiencing tokyo withdrawal symptoms again. soon enough i'll be officially unemployed I guess, so I'm half-considering going to tokyo for the last two months of the year. i will have free accommodation, but the problem is that i don't have any spare money. i'm thinking about doing this private tutoring thing just for 2 months or so. not really teaching - I don't want to be one of those english teachers in japan - but rather pretending i'm native (which i'm not) and having "conversation practice" with sarariman. just to make enough money to live off cheap gyoza and rice.

someone said it sucks to be poor in tokyo, but i'd prefer it to being poor here.

where is this lift ecru?

It's like 2 blocks north of Daikanyama station inside the "strip mall" complex that's set back off of the street with la fuente etc. Caala is on the corner and there's a cafe with a crazy looking metal palm tree near the entrance to the strip mall. Alternately, it's very near the "tallest" building in the area.

You can get the transit guide locally in tokyo @ kinokuniyas or get it stateside @ amazon.co.jp.

It's like 2 blocks north of Daikanyama station inside the "strip mall" complex that's set back off of the street with la fuente etc. Caala is on the corner and there's a cafe with a crazy looking metal palm tree near the entrance to the strip mall. Alternately, it's very near the "tallest" building in the area.

You can get the transit guide locally in tokyo @ kinokuniyas or get it stateside @ amazon.co.jp.

my bad. the sale was actually at lift position.

it's halfway between lad musician and masterpiece. right next to eliminator.

Transit Tokyo Gohan Book

http://amzn.to/buYmVs

my bad. the sale was actually at lift position.

it's halfway between lad musician and masterpiece. right next to eliminator.

Transit Tokyo Gohan Book

http://amzn.to/buYmVs

sup herp. i lost your email.

had drinks with raj like last week. i had bought a viridi-anne leather vest from lift and sold it a week later. made 50,000. next time we both in town i buy you gyudon.

sup herp. i lost your email.

had drinks with raj like last week. i had bought a viridi-anne leather vest from lift and sold it a week later. made 50,000. next time we both in town i buy you gyudon.

shit

they reinstated your account?

i should have copped more swagz from the lift sale and resold them to goth ninjas

can i come to hawaii in november???

shit

they reinstated your account?

i should have copped more swagz from the lift sale and resold them to goth ninjas

can i come to hawaii in november???

yes, u have my permission to come to my kingdom.

but i probably wont b there late nov. b in the japlanz

random japland thoughts.

mad hot in japan now. fucking hot. cattle, pork, fowl been dying. hottest summer in like 100 years! so hot i dont even care about dressing 2 impressing. don't like sweaty bird watching or even hollering at jbeezys outside. gonna b this bad until around the 19th or 20th this month.

sucks cause tobacco tax b going up. i can't remember the exact details, but

my shit gonna cost like 440yen or something. better than other places, but still sucks.

i guess the government will get some small extra revenue from this tax hike but from a health perspective (ie reducing number of smokers) I don't think it'll make much of a difference. you gotta hike those prices up over 500 or more, probably, for it to have some effect. some lobbyist woman said they won't be happy until a pack costs 1k yen.

they'll probably need to do a smoking ban in public places for it to have any real effect. so 300 packs will go up to 400?

i guess the government will get some small extra revenue from this tax hike but from a health perspective (ie reducing number of smokers) I don't think it'll make much of a difference. you gotta hike those prices up over 500 or more, probably, for it to have some effect. some lobbyist woman said they won't be happy until a pack costs 1k yen.

they'll probably need to do a smoking ban in public places for it to have any real effect. so 300 packs will go up to 400?

public smoking ban is in effect in so many places (from a little while back already). i mean there are signs and shit, but rarely does anyone enforce it except the anti smoking volunteers and the few cops that happen to b around (though alot of cops don't say shit anyway).

yeah the price will be something like that. starts next month!

The price of most cigarette brands will be raised by 60 yen (0.71 USD) to 140 yen (1.67 USD) per 20-cigarette pack, the highest increase ever. JT's major brand, Mild Seven, will be raised from 300 yen (3.57 USD) to 410 yen (4.88 USD), and Philip Morris Japan's Marlboro will go from 320 yen (3.81 USD) to 440 yen (5.24 USD).

i don't even usually buy cigs in japan, usually duty free, but when it's long night, i run out. so i kop.

I don't smoke often - well I try no to - but when I go to dirty jazz places, I like to have a few american spirits. They run about 340 before the tax hike, so probably end up north of 450?

With a "smoking ban", I meant a municipal/national ban of smoking inside izakayas/restaurants/bars, which I can't really see happening in the near future.