japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

So NOS has some bullshit live event and we can't do reservations for next Tuesday. It's an additional 1,500yen for the event plus at least a 3000yen per person food requirement. Plus, since we can't do reservations, I'm certain we won't get a table around 9:30pm.

Sooooooo.....

I made reservations for 8 people at Aoyuzu in Ebisu (http://www.aoyuzu.com/).

They have a special 忘年会コース for 3,500 yen.

So far I have the following people: Cotton Duck, Chromesquared, Salaryman, Horriblyjollyjinx, Winq, Dismalfailure, and myself.

big.jpg

3079.jpg

Fun fact: This is the restaurant that I first meet Jmatsu.

like I said above, Kondo (近藤 )tempura in Ginza is pretty well known, and Inagiku in the Hanzomon area is good too http://www.inagiku.jp/e/top.html but kind of gaijin oriented (they have a steak/sushi/tempura course, etc.)

I think some katsu places have been mentioned in the thread before, but I recently ate at a Hiraboku (平田牧場) spot in Nihonbashi http://www.hiraboku.info/tonkatsu_02.html and it was great. They have another shop in midtown too I think.

Thanks, already noted Kondo, I'll pass on Inagiku.

My brother in law worked as a prep cook at the Inagiku branch in ny. He quit after one shift because it was the most disgusting kitchen he has ever seen. Roaches everywhere, reusing leftover customer food, old food made to look new.

noted, Aoyuzu.

C Duck, I'm thinking we go to Kamakura next Thursday, meet up in Shibuya in the morning or something and go down and do the requisite big buddha Daibutsu thang, Mt. Fuji picturetaking thang. I will have it figured out by the time I see you.

Maid foot therapy highly recommended for deep J-trix status. Nothing like being called Goshujin-sama while a goth lolita maid soaks and rubs your feet. Weirdness deluxe.

db

One thing that made it awkward for me was that two huge-ass white guys came in before me.

I felt bad after that. I don't wish that fate on anybody.

Jon - the reason I hunt 'em down is cuz they make 'em like no one else does back 'home'... simple as that... a good burger is a good burger anywhere in the world... and a great burger is... yeahyeahyeah

plus after a week of eating Japanese food many westerns crave some 'comfort' food...

Jon - the reason I hunt 'em down is cuz they make 'em like no one else does back 'home'... simple as that... a good burger is a good burger anywhere in the world... and a great burger is... yeahyeahyeah

plus after a week of eating Japanese food many westerns crave some 'comfort' food...

Yeah I know what you mean about comfort food. I still am all about Japanese food though, I feel 20 times better than I do eating American food though. Health-wise.

Oh no doubt I feel better as well - could do with more veggies n' fruits in my diet here tho... I got no problem eating Japanese food daily forever as I grew up with it, but I knwo that many westerners bug out after a week of rice rice rice...

The 5th's official meal in Tokyo.

3050110438_a7356b9c44.jpg

And how to eat it?!?!

3049270609_aeb23913db.jpg

And the secret's revealed....

3049270645_530bc7c1c4.jpg

And the secret's revealed....

3049270645_530bc7c1c4.jpg

Oh shit. I was in Omotensando last Tuesday and me and my girl kept wondering what the hell that was. Gotta love guerilla marketing in Jap-land...

Anybody else see the weird as chocolate-man ads for Axe body spray lately in Shibuya?!?!

I was looking around online recently and came across this really sleek looking portable device called the Pomera DM10 By Kingjim..

Does anyone know a good place or site to cop it? I'm currently a note taker at my school and I get paid to do it, however, writing a 4-5pg lecture note for someone gets tiring after awhile..

nc20081029pcc.jpg