japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

are you fucking serious??? i would have lost my shit.

is it ok to punch someone out in japan? my friends get in fights all the time, some really bloody ones. in the states of course, you're likely to get sued and spend some time in jail. would it be ok to crack him in the jaw and say, "bimyou desuneee~~~" ?

hahahaha. Everybody seemed so nice over there. Its hard to think of any of you as violent. I would have at least talked some shit Herpsky.

If you are not purchasing the japan rail passes, you can always get a PASMO or SUICA.

Suica could only be used for JR. But since March, you can use it on any train or bus within the city of Tokyo.

Alternatively, you can purchase PASMO. It is basically the same as SUICA but you can link to your bank account and have it automatically recharge. They have some more nifty functions but I don't really recall what they are.

http://www.pasmo.co.jp/en/index.html

Im actually curious about how fighting gets handled in japan too.

Being a tall ass white dude makes me stand out no doubt, and then occasionally being in Shibuya late at night with all the fucking onii-kei douchebags, or at yoyogi park at night walking past the groups of 'too cool for you so i'm gonna stare a hell of a lot and look condescending' guys, I've been tempted to start shit a few times.

Being a foreigner here on a students visa has me kinda worried that I'd get my ass kicked out of here pretty damn fast.

if fights turn into massive bloody fist fight, cops would intervene.

but by the time cops do get to the scene, the fight would most likely be over.

ie. they won't do shit

don't pick up fights in that shibuya scramble intersection

but doing so in yoyogi park seems ok (yeah, well...)

You can't use your JR pass for the subways. There are more than one companies in regards to the trains in Japan. You can only use the JR company trains with the pass.

you can use the rail pass for the jr subway lines

i ran into kid yamamoto in roppongi outside a club. he is so tiny, you would definitely underestimate him. bad guy to pick a fight with. undisputed king of roppongi street fights, even before he stepped foot in a ring.

I never pick fights with asian doods. I'm vietnamese and all I know is that vietnamese guys are crazy, therefore I lump most asians into the same categories.

Im actually curious about how fighting gets handled in japan too.

Being a tall ass white dude makes me stand out no doubt, and then occasionally being in Shibuya late at night with all the fucking onii-kei douchebags, or at yoyogi park at night walking past the groups of 'too cool for you so i'm gonna stare a hell of a lot and look condescending' guys, I've been tempted to start shit a few times.

Being a foreigner here on a students visa has me kinda worried that I'd get my ass kicked out of here pretty damn fast.

i've unfortunetely kind of got suckered into 2 or 3 fights in Tokyo (100% cause of my friends, been pissed every time) and the thing is, most of the time, the police won't do anything, just ask politely to go back home. however, if they decide to do something, you can be 100% sure they will take the side of the japanese, regardless of who started the fight. my friends got into a fight with some yakuza wannabee in shibuya and they really started it and the police came, arrested all my friends and let the posers go, no questions asked. worst thing is most of my friends that got arrested are japanese that grew up abroad cause their dad was an expat so they only reason they arrested them was cause they used english with each other.

I never pick fights with asian doods. I'm vietnamese and all I know is that vietnamese guys are crazy, therefore I lump most asians into the same categories.

vietnamese guys are on a whole nother level

I've seen one vietnamese guy fight 6 black and hispanic guys. The vietnamese guy put up a good fight, but was eventually overpowered. One of the 6 guys lost an eye, another had a broken wrist, one guy had a permanent limp, another guy has permanent machete scars cus the vietnamese guy came back the next to school with a van full of his boys welding machetes, one dude had a table leg lol.

vietnamese guys are on a whole nother level

I've seen one vietnamese guy fight 6 black and hispanic guys. The vietnamese guy put up a good fight, but was eventually overpowered. One of the 6 guys lost an eye, another had a broken wrist, one guy had a permanent limp, another guy has permanent machete scars cus the vietnamese guy came back the next to school with a van full of his boys welding machetes, one dude had a table leg lol.

Ya they're nuts. they just carry guns here in cali.

Guest jmatsu

about fighting in japan:

just fight. fighting is the same almost everywhere. it's usually over right after it starts.

if you're sure you're going to lose the match at least cause some damage before going down.

don't be too afraid to fight the typical street thugs. just do it. be more causious of the regular looking salary men, otaku, or nerd-kids. they almost always use props/weapons. all that stress and sexual frustration usually culminates into afrightening displays of abnormal brutality. seriously be careful of the weak looking ones.

my boy got beat the fuck up by a dude with cauliflower ears and wrestling shoes. yes, he wore wrestling shoes while clubbing. my other boy found out about this, found the guy and beat the living shit out of him. so, a trained mma fighter got destroyed by my street fighter friend. as i like to say, kakutougi ain't kenka....

Guest jmatsu

i'm pretty bored this morning so i'll tell about my most recent fight.

my friend was staying at tokyu stay shibuya. mind you, this isn't the one closest to the bus terminal. it wasn't the shinminami guchi one. i had no idea where it was. i had to search. it was around 2am and i am carrying a big bag of samples to take to my friend, because he had to take it to america with him.

i am walking and this one nerd looking guy is walking in my direction. i pay it no mind, but don't move. neither does he. we hit each other in the shoulders. we simoutaneously look over are shoulders after we past and make eye contact. he says some shit to the extent of "watch where the fuck you're walking." i reply with a couple of "fuzakennayo's." dude walks straight up to me and tells me to drop my bags. i drop them. he does his typical get 2 inches from your opponents face and the typical shirt scrunching grasp. i immediately head-butt him, then we brawl out for a couple seconds. obviously we draw a small crowd which includes a couple of midnight bitches. so it's on and i can't lose to this nerd in front of the girls. he lands a couple of good punchs in so i play it dirty and kick him in the nuts. he goes down and i give him couple kicks to the ribs. i see the cops coming so i spit on his head and run away. eventually the cops catch up to me and haul me to the koban. i didn't have my jap passport, just my u.s. passport. to make a long story short i would have been in alot of trouble if it wasn't for some old cabbie who told the cops that the nerd looking dude started shit first.

is there a morale to this? not really... i guess it's that looks are decieving and that the people that look the least likely to fight in tokyo often do. he looked like he would freqent akihabara. looked like some uresei yatsura reading fucker. maybe he was just drunk, who knows? if you have to fight, fight dirty, and don't lose in front of girls.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, first post here so ignore me for my noobish-ness.

But I was wondering where is the best place to stay around Harajuki,Shibuya or Shinjuku? Im looking for accomdation, for around a month and need a place or stay that isn't too over priced. I've been to Tokyo before so I am familiar with the city but always stayed in hotels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)