japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

I'm back in LA... WACK!

Tokyo was awesome you guys. Thanks for all of the recommendations and help. I wanted to drop a special thanks to Herpsky for his help too. The stores were great and the area below Shibuya ( I think its Diakanyama ) and Aoyama were my favorite shopping areas. I came upon a Gyoza only specialty restaurant in Harajuku that was to die for and the Meji Temple looked like such a dope place to get married with all of those wedding parties. I bought a lot of clothes and shoes.

I have no complaints whatsoever.

Final Hint for Going Home: I don't know if you can call the limosine bus and have them pick you up from the hotel but if you can. You should do it. the subway took a long time and was somewhat confusing for a first time traveler. the Narita express only runs once on Mondays!!!!!!! So don't count on it and think that it runs all the time, becuase it doesn't if you're leaving from the Shibuya station. Also, if you're only gonna stay in Tokyo. Do not waste your money on a JR pass. The subways are easier, quicker and will get you to more places. Remeber to excercise your legs becuase they'll be hurting. Also if you're dead tired, go ahead and take a cab. they start at around $5 buck US. Which isn't bad at all.

Guest jmatsu

kind of off subject, but i had another fight with the undercover assholes in the aoyama store again.

it's been years and they haven't changed. the girls are nice, while most of the salesmen ARE UTTER ASSHOLES. was this mentioned in an official superfuture store review?

anyone feel the same. most everyone i know do...

I didn't think they were that bad when I went to undercover, but I don't speak Japanese... so they could have been talking shit the whole way.

My only regret:

Getting a Uniqlo UT shirt in a medium!!! Its too small!!!! if anyone is going to Uniqlo UT in tokyo anytime soon let me know. I need the Fashion is Dead Tshirt in a large.

This is just a side note lamscott....

Your problem with the Narita Express was trying to catch the only one from Shibuya station. I always take the subway or Yamanote line to Tokyo station and then catch the express. They seem to leave almost hourly from there.

Glad you had a good trip!

verbal sparring?yelled out "bakarero!"

kind of off subject, but i had another fight with the undercover assholes in the aoyama store again.

it's been five years and they haven't changed. the girls are nice, while most of the salesmen ARE UTTER ASSHOLES. was this mentioned in an official superfuture store review?

anyone feel the same. most everyone i know do...

This is just a side note lamscott....

Your problem with the Narita Express was trying to catch the only one from Shibuya station. I always take the subway or Yamanote line to Tokyo station and then catch the express. They seem to leave almost hourly from there.

Glad you had a good trip!

SHIT! really?

i didn't know. hopefully this helps out the next guy.

Guest jmatsu
everytime i hear cerulean i keep thinking about misty and pokemon..

i wanna goooo to japan!!

almost everything that comes out of your mouth is ridiculous. the correlation you're making in your latest flop is just insane.

japan doesn't want you...well maybe only the cheap slums of roppongi.

iamscott

ill take a look for that shirt when i go next week

Thanks Chantheman. They have a bunch of them when you walk in. They are two the right... About the second to third row down.

Let me know if you do go around that area. I might think of something else.

good shit Iamscott, i like the whole "live" play by play of your trip+ interacting with the board. i know people learned a few things from your adventures in nihon.

I hoped future Tokyo Vacationers will. There is a lot of stuff you can't read on the net etc. The only way you know is if someone tells you.

What do you guys do with your pennies over there? They are more useless than US pennies.

Thanks Chantheman. They have a bunch of them when you walk in. They are two the right... About the second to third row down.

Let me know if you do go around that area. I might think of something else.

yea im staying at the cerulean...hopefully its not too hot and humid while im there.

got a picture of the shirt just so i know what im looking for?

thanks

yea im staying at the cerulean...hopefully its not too hot and humid while im there.

got a picture of the shirt just so i know what im looking for?

thanks

You should check out the weather forcast. It rained the last two days I was there. But the rain just made Tokyo cooler and lowered the humidity. The "fashion is dead" tshirt is just the phrase in block lettering. Its really easier to find.

Let me know if you hit up supreme in daikayama (not the one in Harajuku).

take the limosine bus to the Cerulean!!!!

anyone have any advice on traveling with luggage from tokyo to kyoto? a friend of mine told me to ship the luggage seperately to our hotel because its hard to carry the luggage with us on the train as its so cramped.

also it looks like im going to tokyo sea. i dont know if its an all day thing, but is there anything else in the area to check out if its not an all day thing?

any suggestions?

thanks

Guest jmatsu
anyone have any advice on traveling with luggage from tokyo to kyoto? a friend of mine told me to ship the luggage seperately to our hotel because its hard to carry the luggage with us on the train as its so cramped.

also it looks like im going to tokyo sea. i dont know if its an all day thing, but is there anything else in the area to check out if its not an all day thing?

any suggestions?

thanks

def send you luggage. there are various services you can use. check with your hotel's front desk.

there's an outland mall. i think it's called garden walk semi close to disney sea.

or you could have an adventure in chiba. they have all your basic departments. i would assume their stock would be more available then that of tokyo's...if you're looking for something specific.

def send you luggage. there are various services you can use. check with your hotel's front desk.

there's an outland mall. i think it's called garden walk semi close to disney sea.

or you could have an adventure in chiba. they have all your basic departments. i would assume their stock would be more available then that of tokyo's...if you're looking for something specific.

thanks jmatsu!

my roommate is looking through a book on Japan and asked about Rappongi. i know that ive seen it on one of these posts somewhere but is there anything interesting or worth seeing there other than the nightlift and the yakuza?

thanks in advance

Guest jmatsu
thanks jmatsu!

my roommate is looking through a book on Japan and asked about Rappongi. i know that ive seen it on one of these posts somewhere but is there anything interesting or worth seeing there other than the nightlift and the yakuza?

thanks in advance

i think there is a thread about nitelife and slightly scratches the surface of tokyo's adult industries. i think know the thread is in superjet set. i can't remember it's title. it might be "most disgusting shit in japan" or something along those lines.

I didn't think they were that bad when I went to undercover, but I don't speak Japanese... so they could have been talking shit the whole way.

My only regret:

Getting a Uniqlo UT shirt in a medium!!! Its too small!!!! if anyone is going to Uniqlo UT in tokyo anytime soon let me know. I need the Fashion is Dead Tshirt in a large.

Hey bro, I'll check my local Uniqlo here in Saga today to see if they have it. If they don't I know I can order it online. I'll PM the details either way. Lemme know if you need anything else :)

Do not waste your money on a JR pass. The subways are easier, quicker and will get you to more places. Remeber to excercise your legs becuase they'll be hurting. Also if you're dead tired, go ahead and take a cab. they start at around $5 buck US. Which isn't bad at all.

Did you use your JR pass for the subways? It doesnt really sound like you did, or you found that it was cheaper to pay individual fares for the subway since you didnt travel outside of tokyo with the pass.

do japanese UTs run smaller than american UTs?

what smurf said is correct. I usually take NEX from narita to tokyo.

I'd like to go to shibuya directly b/c I can take the toyoko line straight to jiyugaoka (where i live).

But I usually take JR from tokyo to shinagawa...Oimachi.

Take Tokyu Oimachi-line from Oimachi to Jiyugaoka and I'm FUCKING home.

those undercover dudes are pretty gay.

The tall skinny guy with a pony tale (?) who wears all black is such an ass.

I know there's another cocksucker who is annoying as hell.

I asked him if he had a KLAUS tee in sz 3 in stock and he was like,

"bimyou desune~~~." he didn't even answer my fucking question.

I bet he didn't like me b/c

1) I ain't a stick

2) I didn't look very loaded (let me tell you i had 60,000 yen in my wallet

3) didn't look goth-y

the employees seem to rotate between the isetan sattelite store and the main store.

BTW, I always run into this creepy middle-aged guy (50-ish) who's always hanging out at CDG and UC. He always wears visvims and cdg shit. I've run into this ugly sucker like 5 times while i was in tokyo (both in aoyama and shinjuku).

I run into him during the day so I assume he doesn't have a real job.

Maybe he's a really rich retired hipster, I dunno.

two things i should have bought from UC:

-tee with wings printed on the back

-sweatpants / sweatshirt hybrid with drawcords

what ill probably buy in july:

-N. Hoolywood Grey Hoodie

-WJK 3 for 10,000 yen tees

-10 corso como canvas tote

-i'd like lad musician but i bet the sizing is so slim that it can't fit a 6ft japanese d00d

are you fucking serious??? i would have lost my shit.

is it ok to punch someone out in japan? my friends get in fights all the time, some really bloody ones. in the states of course, you're likely to get sued and spend some time in jail. would it be ok to crack him in the jaw and say, "bimyou desuneee~~~" ?

Did you use your JR pass for the subways? It doesnt really sound like you did, or you found that it was cheaper to pay individual fares for the subway since you didnt travel outside of tokyo with the pass.

You can't use your JR pass for the subways. There are more than one companies in regards to the trains in Japan. You can only use the JR company trains with the pass.

do japanese UTs run smaller than american UTs?

what smurf said is correct. I usually take NEX from narita to tokyo.

I'd like to go to shibuya directly b/c I can take the toyoko line straight to jiyugaoka (where i live).

But I usually take JR from tokyo to shinagawa...Oimachi.

Take Tokyu Oimachi-line from Oimachi to Jiyugaoka and I'm FUCKING home.

those undercover dudes are pretty gay.

The tall skinny guy with a pony tale (?) who wears all black is such an ass.

I bet he didn't like me b/c

1) I ain't a stick

2) I didn't look very loaded (let me tell you i had 60,000 yen in my wallet

3) didn't look goth-y

the employees seem to rotate between the isetan sattelite store and the main store.

BTW, I always run into this creepy middle-aged guy (50-ish) who's always hanging out at CDG and UC. He always wears visvims and cdg shit. I've run into this ugly sucker like 5 times while i was in tokyo (both in aoyama and shinjuku).

I run into him during the day so I assume he doesn't have a real job.

Maybe he's a really rich retired hipster, I dunno.

I think they run a bit smaller becuase the Uniqlo store Mediums in the US fit me fine.

two things i should have bought from UC:

-tee with wings printed on the back

-sweatpants / sweatshirt hybrid with drawcords

what ill probably buy in july:

-N. Hoolywood Grey Hoodie

-WJK 3 for 10,000 yen tees

-10 corso como canvas tote

-i'd like lad musician but i bet the sizing is so slim that it can't fit a 6ft japanese d00d

You Japs are rail thin. I felt fat next to you people.