japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Supreme: Vans X Syndicate!!!! too bad they didn't have my size. I was able to grab a fitted hat though. Prices are the same.

Hope you are kidding.

That labels you mentioned above = you can get pretty easily in the US.

As for tsukiji,

From Shibuya

Take, Tokyo Metro Hazoumon-line (heading towards minami kurihashi)

to Aoyama Icchoume.

From aoyama icchoume, take Toei Oedo-line to Tsukiji-Shijou (towards Tochou mae).

21 minute ride total.

260 yen each way.

I am really enjoying this thread - makes me wanna go back to tokyo!

I think I went to Donki - do they have a store in Shibuya? The place was nuts, like 6 levels of the most random and varied crap on earth.

Dude if you're going back Harajuku you gotta check out the prada store on Omotesando (after meiji st) if you haven't already. It's an amazing building.

Also, if you are after sneakers and denim (in case you didn't know), GO TO UENO MARKET. Heeaps of stores and generally the best prices on sneakers - check out Mita sneakers especially.

And have you been to a muji store yet?

ahhhhh I wanna be back there!!

Herpsky. You are correct that I went to some Hypebeast stores. But I was able to get a Supreme hat in my size!!! its hard doing that in LA when dudes get in line on the days when new clothes and shoes come out.

Sooooo tired. Watarium was off the hook.

Tips for akihabara:

Don't stay on the main streets. Explore the alleys and side streets.

I know there's one vintage game store called friends near suehirocho station.

They have the rarest and the craziest roms in prestine conditions.

One of a kind golden megaman rom (I think it's 1,000,000 yen)

akihabara is not what it used to be. but it's fun to look at all the stuff.

get some good conveyer belt sushi (kaiten sushi) in ueno for cheap. check out hinoya, amerikaya, etc. next to ameyoko street market in ueno. you can pick up some nice t-shirts and jackets there, too, at the street market.

they have uniqlo's all over tokyo.

make sure you at least check out roppongi.

yea i think my time would be better suited doing other things than going to tokyo sea but its not completely up to me. 2 guys 2 girls so not really a bunch of chicks

Friday Blog:

We went to the Tsujiki Fish Market first and had a great time looking at all of the seafood. Word to the wise, that place is dirty and some water may get on your pants from all the splashing fish. The sushi places around the fish market are great and are a little less than american prices. I went to Aoyomma to shop. LV store is ridiculous but you can find that stuff in the states. Vivienne Westwood was a very dope store, the clothes are a bit too neuvo punky ofice space for me though. The watarium has a bobby Mcgee exhibit that is sick, he also has an affinity for some of Ray Fong's works. American Rag Cie had a lot of dope shit and Dover Street Market had all of the Commes Des Garcons that you could ever want. I went to Bape just to look at the upstairs. The girlfriend dragged me back to the Cerulean after that becuase all legs were dead tired.

Hint: Work out your legs before you go to Japan. There is a lot of walking!!!!!!!

Where are the Uniqlo stores? I went on the website and only found 1 store in Japan and that is probably the UT store.

whale meat is sorta hard to find in a regular restaurant in japan.

ive had some whale steaks in hokkaido though.

scott

so is the weather shorts and a tshirt? just trying to get an idea of how to pack. im looking at the weather online and im not looking forward to the 85% humidity, but i hear thats the norm this time of year.

also how do you like staying at the cerulean and did you take a limo bus to get there from the airport?

scott

so is the weather shorts and a tshirt? just trying to get an idea of how to pack. im looking at the weather online and im not looking forward to the 85% humidity, but i hear thats the norm this time of year.

also how do you like staying at the cerulean and did you take a limo bus to get there from the airport?

Shorts and a T-shirt is fine. It got a little chilly but nothing big at all. The humidity is not as bad as you think it is, although you will feel sticky when you get back to your hotel. The Cerulean is the shit! Its close to the Subway/JR station and everything else in Shibuya. Although the Shibuya excel is a bit more central (one block away) the rooms and the service at the Cerulean are top notch. The bathroom in the Cerulean is ridiculous and the Japanese pillows are really comfortable.

Hints: The JR line and the Subway are two totally different things. If you are only visiting Tokyo. DO NOT get the JR line passes that are sold to foreigners. The subway is much much much cheaper and faster to get to places. As soon as you walk out of the exit after getting your bags, go line up at one of the many limosine bus lines and get a ticket to your hotel. Its really easy, they drop you off right in front, and your can relax rather than being frazzled on the JR train. DO NOT exchange your money at the airport or at the hotel. They rip you off. Go to an ATM and get your cash, the exchange rate is the best, Citibank is better than the Post Office ATM's but that is splitting hairs. Try to eat as much japanese food as you can, its really good and really cheap at the smaller joints. Remember to take off your shoes when you go into dressing rooms!!!! Everything transportation wise is opposite, even walking in public is opposite. Almost nothing is on sale in Tokyo. Try to buy clothes that you can't find in the states. a lot of foreign food taste the same in tokyo. mcdonalds taste the same, even coke taste the same.

Blog for saturday and sunday:

Edwin Harajuku: Great selection of Ewin and Lee jeans. I was able to get a special order Harajuku store only dry selvage 505 for only $100 us.

Ueno Black Market: Shoe shopping was a good time, I didn't buy anything though since the Puma Clydes that I wanted were sold out (Puma Clyde Easter pack in the mint color size 9! If anybody out there can help me out). I was not able to go to Mita though.

Commes Des Garcons: why can't I make a millions dollars so that I could buy these clothes.

L' Euclair: read above

Uniqlo: had a good sale going on. Bought a hoodie for 10,000 yen, 2 dress shirts for 30,000 yen and a blazer for 10,000 yen. That is less than $50 us!

Shiatsu Massages: Hurt as much as Thai massages. Nor tug though. hahahaha

Nike ID store: sick and has all the current Air force 1s.

Visvim: sick and has everything in stock. They seem to run 1 size big.

ABC shoes stores: good selection of kicks. I found some ABC exclusive New Balances for only $50 us.

Uniqlo: had a good sale going on. Bought a hoodie for 10,000 yen, 2 dress shirts for 30,000 yen and a blazer for 10,000 yen. That is less than $50 us!

Are you sure...?

I hope that you meant 1,000 yen.

You seem to be into streetwear. Stay away from Aoyama. There's nothing you can afford (or willing to pay for).

The only things that may interest you are black flag, tab device, and bapexclusive.

If you are looking for cheap porter, the joint behind the church (kurachika) is good. Head porter's pricing is pretty ridiculous.

Shibuya tokishirazu (and the one in daikanyama) = the best streetwear in japan.

It's completely different from the generic "streetwear" that's often associated with hiphop aesthetics i.e. pajama hoodies, baggy raw jeans with swaro crystals and parodies. I can't find a good way to describe but it's clean / elite streetwear.

e.g. nonnative and minotaur

Something to think about:

Picking up 15 cheap & ok things e.g. uniqlo

vs

Picking up 3 amazing things

I need some clubs to go to for friday and sat.

hiphop/mashup would be cooler than cool. Models would even be better.

sorry for the late post... if you're looking for hot, young, eastern european models then you should go to grace building in roppongi... the models get in and drink for free... they hang out in the B1F club called Feria. on 2F is a hip hop club called Midas... 3500yen to get into both places and you get two drink tickets.

sounds like you had a great trip!