japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

What is the fastest and easiest way to get here.

Venue: Club Camelot Jinnanzaka

Frame GF/BF

1-18-2 Jinnan

Shibuya-Ku

The subway doesn't seem to be a viable option since the next stop would be harajuku. Cab or walking right?

Hint #2: Eat as much red meat as you can before you get to Tokyo, that shit is scarce here.

8 minute walk.

I think it's by ragtag. and it's right past OIOI city.

Do you know where Parco is? It's on the street right off of the big street in front of parco.

gmap

where you are

Stussy Shibuya chapt (geared towards adults) is right by the hotel.

relating to the mastercard issue, for you people going to Japan in mid July, all 7's *7-11* shop will be allowing international CC's..

http://www.sevenbank.co.jp/intlcard/index2.html

I will be going on July 11th , so i can take advantage of this !!! but fack is gonna be hot...................

anyone got places they like to go for cheap yet some what good looking t-shirts that i can wear for a few days without crying over it since i will have to wash it every single day?

Hint #2: Eat as much red meat as you can before you get to Tokyo, that shit is scarce here.

I guess for American-Sizzler generic all you can eat standards maybe. But meat is readily available, you just need to know where to go. (Genghis khan, Gyu-kaku, et. al).

There's also a new store in Harajuku called Tagout which basically buys in bulk liquided clothing styles, remove the tags, and sell em half price. Last time I was there they had a ton of stuff for 2,000-3000 yen.

JR east pass.

If I have the pass, how do I get through the gates where you put in the coins?

Update:

Went to the tokyo plaza, and tokyo departments stores in Shibuya. Mainstream wackness. Although I just had sushi at the conveyor belt sushi place near HMV. Awesome and the cost for two was a little less than 20 bucks!!

If anybody has size 7 feet the shoe store across from HMV still have the Nike SB dunks Sharks (old school) for about $180 us!

It's Tokyu plaza. That department store isnt really for young people.

Parco has some decent shit like the PAM flagship store.

The new seibu department has a special comme des garcons in the basement, which I havent been to yet. Apparently, they have a huge selection of junya watanabe.

I don't know anything about the rail pass. If it looks like it has a magnetic stripe, you insert it into the gate thingy. I use suica and passnet.

You must check out Tokyu Hands and Loft.

They have the wackiest / coolest japanese trinkets, toys, and some other assorted shit.

Thanks for the help guys. But after some quick digging... The Post Office ATM's do not accept MasterCard. The mastercard sign is not one of the choices and it spit my card right out.

that's funny, i was able to use my mastercard debit card at any of the post office atms. hmmm....

I don't really know anything about record stores

but my friends who are in japanese indie rock / punk bands

always check out disc union.

i have a tip for anyone going to japan who plays guitar. try to find a vintage japanese fender strat--or even a pre-fender tokai. they are considered some of the best fenders ever made and very hard to find in the states. some people prefer them over even vintage american fenders, believe it or not. the made in japan fenders that were made for the domestic japanese market (not sold in the u.s.) are supposed to be awesome.

i have a tip for anyone going to japan who plays guitar. try to find a vintage japanese fender strat--or even a pre-fender tokai. they are considered some of the best fenders ever made and very hard to find in the states. some people prefer them over even vintage american fenders, believe it or not. the made in japan fenders that were made for the domestic japanese market (not sold in the u.s.) are supposed to be awesome.

weird, we've always had japan made Fenders in Canada, matter of fact my bass is Made in Japan (Jazz bass). and yeah, lots of ppl like really like them cause quality is generally pretty much on par or very close to american made fenders, but the price point is quite cheaper.

Tokyu Hands is one of the coolest places ever. Its layout makes no sense on a intunitive level at all.

While Tokyu Hands is a cool shop, Donki is 100 times weirder, wacker and better. where else can you do your groceries, buy some school girl costume, get some tools, buy a dildo and get a new ps3 games while listening to ultra loud techno music or the fucking Donki song which will stay in head for the rest of your life wheter you speak japanese of not 24 hours a day...

While Tokyu Hands is a cool shop, Donki is 100 times weirder, wacker and better. where else can you do your groceries, buy some school girl costume, get some tools, buy a dildo and get a new ps3 games while listening to ultra loud techno music or the fucking Donki song which will stay in head for the rest of your life wheter you speak japanese of not 24 hours a day...

The one in akihabara even has a maid cafe and videogame arcade inside.

"don don don donki donki-hote

volume manten gekiyasu jangle

don don don donki donki-hote

nandemo sorotte benri na omise donki hoooooote."

Memorize this song and you will be a rising superstar in japan.

The one in akihabara even has a maid cafe and videogame arcade inside.

it's finnish now, went to youtube, listened to the freaking song, i''ll have it constantly in my head for the rest of the day. so here's to punish the rest of you.

zgb7OuGb4oE

my favorite store is the Kabukicho one thought, the alleys are like 1 feet and half wide, i've never seen such a cramped shop...

edit: fuck it, seems like i'm too retarded to embed youtube videos, check the masterpiece there

yeah, that is probably the catchiest jingle in all of commercial history.

i ran into an old friend from the states by chance in the basement of a donki. one of the weirder coincidences i've had. i have a tendency to run into people.

i love both donki and tokyu hands. they sell different stuff. tokyu hands has more "higher-end" stuff. also, tokyu hands has pretty cool demonstrations going on all the time. japanese salespeople really make you wanna buy whatever they are selling.

man, i'm missing japan now. :(

btw, kasper, they don't sell made in japan fender in the united states because no one would buy made in america products. also, the guitars they sell in japan for the domestic market are different from the export models, i believe.

*EDIT* just called a music store in montreal. man, i better brush up on my french before i visit there. anyways, they told me that they only sell certain models of japanese made fenders in canada. the only place to get the best models is in japan. luckily, i have a trip planed in a couple months....

btw, kasper, they don't sell made in japan fender in the united states because no one would buy made in america products. also, the guitars they sell in japan for the domestic market are different from the export models, i believe.

*EDIT* just called a music store in montreal. man, i better brush up on my french before i visit there. anyways, they told me that they only sell certain models of japanese made fenders in canada. the only place to get the best models is in japan. luckily, i have a trip planed in a couple months....

Really, i guess that's understandable though, although i don't see why japan made guitars would have a lower production cost.

What store did you call in Montreal?

looks like you got a billigually challenged salesperson though ;)

it happens unfortunetely, but most ppl speaks both languages (french and english).

anyway, our monopoly money will very soon turns out to be strong money so i'm sure cost-wise, it would be way to expensive to buy it from here.

To echo mizanation and other...

MasterCard debit cards do definitely work in post office ATMs. My guess is your problem stems from you bank and not MC. My ATM card (MC) doesn't has Cirrus as a choice on the back, but it does have 7 others.

Granted, it does suck to arrive at one of the few ATMs in the city that accept foriegn credit cards only to find out your personal card doesn't happen to be the right kind of foreign! :(

I think its becausse my MasterCard is a Check Card too.

Synopsis for Yesterday:

A lot of Ramen shops are open in the early morning which was great because I was able to get breakfast without having to look everywhere. Japanese food is suprisingly cheap if you eat japanese food. American food is a bit more expensive as well as other types of food. The people here are really nice but not a lot of people speak english so going to restaurants without pictures cannot be a choice since I can't order or read in Japanese. The department stores (tokyo department store, tokyo plaza) are boring as shit. A highlight during lunch was definitely sushi for two for a little less than $20 bucks. The sushi was a lot better than most of the sushi places that I've been to in LA. I went to Harajuku trying to find the dollar store but I couldn't. here are the places that i stopped by.

Oshmans: good selection of shoes and clothes. Madfoot is pretty popular here and they have Stussy for sale.

Adidas Concept Store: I can get the same shit in LA

Bape Busy Workshop: They have all of the new stuff in stock. I bought myself a pair of snakeskin Roadstas. The prices are way cheaper in Japan. Example: the roadstas came out to $135 US.

Atmos: I ain't feeling the Hello Kitty Collabo

Supreme: Vans X Syndicate!!!! too bad they didn't have my size. I was able to grab a fitted hat though. Prices are the same.

Undfeated: Same as the american one.

BBC: why do people wear this shit?

APC: is an awesome store, almost bought myself another pair of Cures. But decided not too since I have a fresh pair of nudies in line.

Neighborhood: Great store.... why oh why does it have to be so expensive. It hurt my feelings.

Uniqlo UT: they have all the artist collab tshirts. I bought myself the "Fashion is dead" shirt. 1500 yen is cheap!

A bunch of other shoe stores. You can get shoes for cheaper if you really really look.

After that I went to home since I was hella tired. I'll be going back to harajuku, omoteosando hills and Aoyoma today.

P.S. - whats a dope club for a friday night. The superfuture .pdf said Frabric is cool. Help!