japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I thought it would be fun to keep a blog of the places I will be going to in Japan for my records and to give you guys updates on what they have at the stores. I'll be posting everyday before to let you guys know where I'm headed so that you can either give me suggestions on better places or so that you'll know what of of shit will be at the store when I go.

June 05, 2007

Leaving for Japan today.

Stop by midori sushi for dinner when I get to Shibuya.

What time do the stores close on a weekday?

do any of the ATM's near the cerulean in shibuya accept MasterCard check cards? I am pulling my hair out trying to find one.

all the restuarants look good, but everything is in Japanese! I'll gonna go buy a translation dictionary asap.

scott, you can go to the nearest post office. they will have an atm there. press the "english" option and you will be able to withdraw from any bank card.

also, if you can find a citibank, they will also have atms that take check cards.

Citibank is fine for Mastercard. There's a few 24 hour Citibank ATM's in Shibuya.

Record stores in Shibuya close at anywhere from 10pm-Midnight. Always check the flyers at the record stores to find out what nights are on and who's playing.

Hope you have fun!

do they show atm spots on superguide?it would be vital information.

no, but there's post offices everywhere, it's really not that hard. just don't wait till your down to your last 1000 yen before thinking about withdrawing again and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the help guys. But after some quick digging... The Post Office ATM's do not accept MasterCard. The mastercard sign is not one of the choices and it spit my card right out. You can use Visa, American Express, etc though. And if you notice on the back of your Mastercards that "Cirrus" ATM's are what you need. I went on the web and found only 5 ATM's in Shibuya. Although J-Mark may be right about the citibanks. I still have to find the citibank ATM's though.

Helpful Hint #1 - The cerulean as a detailed ATM map! I'll scan it and post the map when I get back for you future travelers.

P.S. - Its 5:30 a.m. in Tokyo and I'm wide awake. Fuck!

damn 530. well 5 days in japan.no time to get adjusted to the time. just be a walking zombie.:rolleyes:

good looking out on the mastercard info. when i was in japan last i had a visa. so i never noticed.

Thanks for the help guys. But after some quick digging... The Post Office ATM's do not accept MasterCard. The mastercard sign is not one of the choices and it spit my card right out. You can use Visa, American Express, etc though. And if you notice on the back of your Mastercards that "Cirrus" ATM's are what you need. I went on the web and found only 5 ATM's in Shibuya. Although J-Mark may be right about the citibanks. I still have to find the citibank ATM's though.

Helpful Hint #1 - The cerulean as a detailed ATM map! I'll scan it and post the map when I get back for you future travelers.

the Citibank in Shibuya is a little hard to find, but there's one on Omotesando just before Aoyama-dori that's really easy to find. Shinsei bank's ATM also accept all international bank and credit cards and althought there still isn't that many ATM yet, you can use one if you find it. the a branch at omotesando hills with a starbuck if you are interested.

Thanks Kasper, but i'm a totally fucking tokyo noob. the smaller areas are still foreign to me so I have no clue where exactly you're talking about. Plus all the shit is in japanese so I'm literally reduce to you guys helping me with exact directiions from the Cerulean.

I just told my girlfriend that she is useless since she's not Japanese or fluent in Japanese. that helped me get a kick in the nuts.... hahahah

just did research Omotesando Hills are near Harajuku!!! and I should just walk up the Meji Dori street.

The supefuture map for $20 is great by the way.

yeah, i mentionned Omotesando since i was 100% sure you'd go there. have a fun trip.

You can totally walk to harajuku from cerulean tower.

Go up meiji-dori.

The section of meji-dori leading up to the la-foret / GAP intersection has

C-plus, jam home made, john bull, UT, ciaopanic, 45 rpm, and etc.

Once you hit that omotesando / meji-intersection, turn right.

Go into that little alley next to wendy's and it's the world famous

ura-harajuku hypebest delta.

Behind the Dior store on omotesando is FIL (visvim). It's in the basement, under the TUMI store. Kurachika Yoshida (porter) and Sosu Mihara Yasuhiro are nearby as well.

Be sure to check out the area with Loveless, Leclereir (can't spell), CdG, and tab device.

Ura-hara ain't really doing it for me anymore.

I love Aoyama, nakameguro (i wouldn't say it's the best kept secret but no fucking tourists ever and the stores are fucking great A+++++), and daikanyama.

Thanks Herpsky,

I finally found an ATM at the Travelers post office right above the Tokyo Dept. Store. I saw a Ramen place that said it was world famous there too!

Where do you get medicine around this place?

By the way. If anybody thinks that they are gonna miss out on Starbucks in Tokyo, don't worry. Seems like there is a Starbucks every block

What kinda medicine are you looking for?

The kinds that will make you stay up for 48 hours and let you see delusions? I can't help you there.

But,

There's a drug store called Sanzenri Yakuhin(true OG = it's been there for the past 50 years). It's near the scramble intersection with Q-front.

1164271950.jpg

If you walk towards 109, there's a Matsumoto Kiyoshi drug store to your right.

logo.gif

L'Éclaireur

That's one hardass word to pronounce. Way too many Ls and Rs.

Asians can't pronounce that. Ever.

Watarium

Ota

Suntory

Nezu Institute

They are very close to shibuya but the only one i've been to is ota.

They have a really sick collection of Edo-era paintings and etc.

shibuya is such a sucky place to stay.

too many people

too much shit going on at the same time

Exactly why we chose to stay there! Bring it!

Great info guys, random that you are all discussing Mastercard as that was my next question. Thanks! :D