japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

P Hyatt has awesome gym. Like the only REALLY nice hotel gym I've ever seen in TKO. I just can't deal generally because:

A) Shinjuku station is traumatizing and P Hyatt is super in africa and nowhere even near the station

B) AirBnB + Ebisu/Nakame >> *

C) I think FC 50% discount is done and I'm too jewish

D) That bar is mad boring. Like I take my mom there when she's in town but I'd never go there with peeps

E) I no longer appreciate Ds in 2chome as much as I used to

AirBnB in Tokyo is the best I've seen anywhere. Tons of mad nice places. Use common sense. Book early because stuff that's available within a few weeks is usually super overpriced per unit quality. 

s/o to point B.

srsly tho airbnb in tko is gr8.

bar is cool if you like jazz, but when i went a bunch of obnoxious ppl were taking dslr photography fuckin up the vibe

^

interesting read, so why are the Donut Plant donuts in Tokyo so awful?  Bad localization?      

Mr. Donuts lol. Camden's gets pretty crowded but not as bad as voodoo though. 

But i almost feel like it's always tourists crowding both places. the former not so much.

the pasta place next to camden's is pretty goat.

Edited by herpsky

anyone got a good used bicycle shop they know? after a single speed and lurking yahoo hasn't netted me anything 4 weeks in. will travel to saitama if need be lol.

Mixi used to be a decent place to buy bikes (obviously not any more). 

sekidobashi bike flea market is the only other place where people bring in "decent" used bikes

AFAIK, single speed doesn't really exist in japan. It's either mjs or tarcked out fixed gear bikes (which you can convert to single speed i.e. people don't advertise it as so even if it were) or road bikes. I think a lot of guys who were hard core fixed gear fans either moved onto super highend fixed gear bikes (bmc, cinelli, and etc) or fancy ass roads e.g. moots, geek house and etc

i.e. look for a fixed gear and take it to specialty bikeshops like bluelug or geek garage 

Edited by herpsky

anyone got a good used bicycle shop they know? after a single speed and lurking yahoo hasn't netted me anything 4 weeks in. will travel to saitama if need be lol.

Stumbled across a shop in the Nippori area that focused on fixed/track frames could probably point you in the right direction...Tokyo Hippie Mart

I've been looking on yahoo under ピスト for flip flops but you're right on the high end fixed gear stuff. A lot do come up.

The sekidobashi flea market is news but seems like it happens 3rd Saturday of April and October? So seems I've missed it.

Shit, I was just in tko last weekend and I already miss it. Returning to Shanghai is like waking up in a dumpster of tampons and needles.

That du from Blue Star is o.O claiming he saw used panties vending machine. 

That place in Jiyuugaoka with the soy donuts ACROSS from donut plant is pretty aight. I actually like Mr Donut Japan alright; Taiwan has totally different localization -- kind of gross there. I'd rather stuff my face with egg tarts anyways. I saw that Great Burger has a donut shop now too. BUT THEY DONT HAVE DADS ROOT BEER ANYMORE.

Shit, I was just in tko last weekend and I already miss it. Returning to Shanghai is like waking up in a dumpster of tampons and needles.

That du from Blue Star is o.O claiming he saw used panties vending machine. 

That place in Jiyuugaoka with the soy donuts ACROSS from donut plant is pretty aight. I actually like Mr Donut Japan alright; Taiwan has totally different localization -- kind of gross there. I'd rather stuff my face with egg tarts anyways. I saw that Great Burger has a donut shop now too. BUT THEY DONT HAVE DADS ROOT BEER ANYMORE.

mr donut is dope for a chain, especially the honey dips.

Edited by conqueror

who eats donuts though! i'm perfectly content with the occasional hara donuts!

Edited by herpsky