japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

I mostly see rich-ish wives at Apartments then young guys at the normal 1LDK and whomever at Gyre. The clientele seems pretty different. The sample sale is always like 20 year olds. 

I think the only place I've seen non-shoe HS items in store in Tokyo is at Lantiki centraaaaal or whatever.

the commoners who are lined up at their samples sales have 0 steez. i've walked past the lines but never been.

who the hell wants their house label. it's basura (then again, i buy true luxe normcore from europe / us)

Edited by herpsky

I have a long list already but if anyone has any fav bars (cocktail / whisky / specific spirit focus/ damn good) that they recommend?

In town from the 4th for roughly 10 days, meeting up with mrip sometime, anyone else i have no real plans other than a bit of booze research and wandering around.

Edited by jaac

My good friend used to be one of the head planners at CDG and worked closely with Rei Kawakubo. 

The investment in Gosha is a political/power move in the face of what is going on in Russia in terms of sanctions.

CDG has a number of factories in Russia and needs to be able to maintain good terms with the government/people in high power/influence.

They have a major stake in the business and want it to succeed but the investment/support is also motivated by CDG's existing businesses in Russia.

had no idea cdg manufactured all of gosha

Well what does that mean anyway? They don't have factories. They handle the overseeing of production, which removes a lot of work from the Gosha brand.

Complex  Top 10 japanese rappers

The article is actually informative and the featured artists are A+

http://www.complex.com/music/2015/04/best-japanese-hip-hop-25-artists-you-need-to-know/

Some I've never even heard of. Daoko is dopw.

Edited by herpsky

what? Slack is in PSG... I mean it didn't list norikiyo and sdp. I don't like zone the darkness. People seem to enjoy kohh for whatever reason. I don't like him either. It's fairly comprehensive for something that's supposedly written by an American. 

Never listened to Anarchy. I'm kinda into chill shit like Slack and Dengaryu.

Edited by herpsky

Oh weird didn't see slack, browser scrolling was skipping from all the youtube shit being loaded at once. He's the best part of PSG anyway so list semi redeemed. 

Anarchy sucks but I sort of like Ryuzo lol. Anarchy's Junkmania crew is kind of cool too I guess. 

Apparently, the pool is DONE

http://www.fashionsnap.com/news/2015-04-09/thepoolaoyama-closed/

listening to punpee's block.fm JRAP mix. the recording was available for like a week on soundcloud and it's GONE

Edited by herpsky

Are there any proxy services that will buy items online from an independent retailer's website? Cuz from what I know, FJ only offers Rakuten Japan / Amazon Japan / zozotown etc.

Or any individual services where the person will actually go buy the item in person? Is this a thing? If not it should be

Edited by Trouble

fromjapan will do it.. you'll just need to wait for them to send invoice before they process the order. with amazon/rak/zozo, their system automatically calculates total and invoice is sent instantly.

they also do in-store pick up for 5,000 per item.

what's japan's equvalent of sufu? do they have any popular fashion forums? always wonder what's really going on at street level over there, what the consumers there are into, what they're thinking, etc. like i want to see actual discussion, what do cool japanese dudes think is going to be big next? what do they think is super wack? any interesting scoop on their industry? etc

Edited by Trouble