japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Actually stopped by there today, good location and big sunny windows, but the coffee was just decent. I had their "steampunk," which I guess is like an aeropress, which I'm not a huge fan of to begin with, but was a really muted, thin tasting cup. Served in a cute double-walled glass, though, which the clientele of 30-year-old housewives seemed to like. A bit disorganized, might be better in a couple months when they pull it together a bit

The Pool is alright, better as a concept than an actual store - branded toilet paper probably the best buy. Worth stopping by if you've never seen anyone selling $200 hoodies out of an empty pool

Edited by nicelynice

how the hell did you guys booked any sleepover at Naoshima? majority of the places offering some sort of accommodation are japanese only or just without any website. I aint baller enough for staying at that benesse hotel

Edited by hugoagassi

i had to look up what naoshima is

i've never heard of it. what's cool bout it? educate me

Edited by herpsky

i had to look up what naoshima is

i've never heard of it. what's cool bout it? educate me

it's supposed to be a small island close to Okayama which over the past decades attracted lot of artists who relocated there, giving the island unique vibe. Worth a day trip if you happen to be somewhere close to Osaka

Okayama is pretty dope. I did Benessee and thought it was def worth it. If you're a photography nerd, you can climb up to where the cell/sat tower shit is, and see EVERYTHING --  I was a bit stir crazy as theres nothing to do at night. Food/booze options are limited. 

Skip lee ufan -- it sucks. Ando museum is pretty tiny. (But I happened to meet him there) Most of the 'cool art shit' is not really as cool as the outdoor pieces + subtropical island vibe. 

If I was coming from tokyo, I'd rather going to Shimoda and drink beers beers beers though.

Jesus christ. 

There are so many horrible horrible men's labels in Japan that somehow get buyers to pick up their crap.

http://www.fashionsnap.com/collection/luciole_jean-pierre/2014-15aw/

What a train wreck.

Blatant inspiration from Saint Laurent with the ripped jeans but jesus christ even the bow tied shirts and checked shirts are blatant rip offs...

went to daikanyama t site and my jaw dropped, in no other city in the world have I seen such huge collection of books and magazines on design/fashion/photography/architecture/etc. I mean, you can even shop for old issues of basically all old japanese mags, shit was insane! left there like 300 bucks and will for sure come back before leaving

went to daikanyama t site and my jaw dropped, in no other city in the world have I seen such huge collection of books and magazines on design/fashion/photography/architecture/etc. I mean, you can even shop for old issues of basically all old japanese mags, shit was insane! left there like 300 bucks and will for sure come back before leaving

u've seen nothin yet