japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

in japland people don't really take out ramen, but some places do delivery.

japwomans always readin the latest health blog or trendy woman's magazine or listening 2 the newest idol.  imo they (most of them) line up/go for the image more so than the actual taste.

all the masters of practically every jap staple is male not female.  i mean if some girl know about macrobiotics, vegetarian or some pastry sweets place, then yeah i'd maybe pay her some attention.  actually i'd maybe listen, but i wouldn't eat at no macro or vegevegan places anyway.  might as well be drinkin from the fairy cup

essentially, most hyped joints with female-heavy lines focus on kawaii/trendiness/novelty rather than quality. Sure, there are exceptions but look at the stupid ass line for cafe kaila in gyre. 

the only ramen place that's kind of female-heavy that i know of is Afuri in Ebisu. i like their ramen. i wouldn't call it a stand-out but much better than most of the average ramen shops. 

i agree on warito. the wait is usually not worth it though. pretty easy to get a seat if you go after 130pm. 

rokurinsha probably has the japan's most absurd line. i think i got there a little before 11 and i was in line for good 1.5 hours on a weekday. most of people who are lined up are kimoi otaku & freetors. 

Meguro's gonno sukezaka is another ramen hot spot.

http://ramendb.supleks.jp/rank

I think this ranking is fairly credible with the exception of Jiros. 麺屋 一燈 I keep hearing about but I've never been. 

A lot of people are into the Hachioji-style ramen. I've never had it before. Any experience?

Edited by herpsky

On another note, I guess I'll be coming to TYO a lot less for the next few years. Really thinking about going back for good afterwards.

I think AFURI's tsukemen is better than their regular ramen.  The Harajuku and Azabu locations dont seem to have crazy lines after 3pm.

For some reason the skytree location of Rokurinsha has the least craziest lines.  I think I waited like 5 minutes at 11:59AM on a Friday.

I am interested in Matador and Junk Garage, anyone been?

Anyone know any web designers in Tokyo that would be free to work on a project for 1-3 months? Pay would be project based and ideally have some experience with the following:  

Ruby on Rails (A little familiarity | ã¡ã‚‡ã£ã¨èª­ã‚ã‚‹ãらã„ã¯å¬‰ã—ã„)
HTML
Javascript
Coffeescript
SCSS
Haml

Any language is OK and gig would begin immediately. Cheers.

Edited by cyberPUNK

essentially, most hyped joints with female-heavy lines focus on kawaii/trendiness/novelty rather than quality. Sure, there are exceptions but look at the stupid ass line for cafe kaila in gyre. 

the only ramen place that's kind of female-heavy that i know of is Afuri in Ebisu. i like their ramen. i wouldn't call it a stand-out but much better than most of the average ramen shops. 

i agree on warito. the wait is usually not worth it though. pretty easy to get a seat if you go after 130pm. 

rokurinsha probably has the japan's most absurd line. i think i got there a little before 11 and i was in line for good 1.5 hours on a weekday. most of people who are lined up are kimoi otaku & freetors. 

I think this ranking is fairly credible with the exception of Jiros. 麺屋 一燈 I keep hearing about but I've never been. 

A lot of people are into the Hachioji-style ramen. I've never had it before. Any experience?

Thanks for the ranking link Herp! 

I actually passed by Warito with a friend, but it was packed at the time and so we went to another joint just up the street.

The name was in Kanji mostly, located on the 2nd floor across from Warito. Quality was great!

The places I've tried on numerous occasions have been:

æ²¹ãã°

Nakamoto 

Denya (Located in my hometown Shiki)

Some Curry ramen place in Mizuhoudai.. Blew me away.

Ichiran

Ueda Ramen (Located in Niiza. Was on TV recently).. Their 焦ãŒã—Miso is sooooo good!

I've been to a ton more, but can't remember them all

that place across from (well, i don't think it's directly across. it's at that three way ikejiri junction) warito must be Yakumo. It's super good too. My friends have mentioned Camino's veg tsukemen. Haven't made it out there.

Edited by herpsky

#3 is a spot in Tsukuba? zawa http://ramendb.supleks.jp/s/53288.html

Went to some place in Shibuya last week that was ok. Hayashi maybe? I don't remember.

Also a friend was in town and wanted to go to that Toriki place. ãŸã‘ã‡ã‡ã‡ã‡ and fuck skin yakitori. 

SSchauden I totally agree. The dashi has such a smooth taste, and is very light on the stomach. Compared to other spots that totally destroy the flavor with overwhelming salt, this really hit the spot.

I especially loved the shrimp dumplings that were included in the dish. 

Yakumo. Yeah, exactly the place I was thinking of. 

Good yakitori is not cheap. You'd think it'd be cheap as hell b/c it's chicken but nah. 

Tired of the Ie-kei and Jiro-style. I'm a big fan of old school Shina-Soba.

gonna be in japan may 15th -June 1st. im gonna be traveling with my bro for the first week, prob gonna spend the 2nd week in tokyo. havent finalized plans yet. 

u going to osk for the first week? my best bru b in osk. gon book my flight this weekend. gon b epic K.I.M.O.I.

(typin while placing the order for the OG babby jawnz on wild style)

westside should come chill wit us but i guess he too busy @ werk.

Edited by herpsky

Can u guys kop me cig cartons at duty free pls?

Who actually gonna get 2 have sex with real girl 1st this time?

Prolly mrip

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Prolly mrip

it's ok ill go to sum fuzoku

Prolly mrip

yeah ill cop you cigs

æˆç†Ÿã—ãŸã‚«ãƒ•ã‚§æ–‡åŒ–ã‚’æŒã¤ãƒ‘リã«ãŠã„ã¦"最も美味ã—ã„çˆç²ãŒé£²ã‚るカフェ"ã¨è©•ã•ã‚Œã‚‹ã€Œã‚¯ãƒãƒ¥ãƒ¼ãƒ ï¼ˆCOUTUME)ã€ã€‚ãã‚“ãªã€Œã‚¯ãƒãƒ¥ãƒ¼ãƒ ã€ãŒã€Œã‚¸ãƒ£ãƒ¼ãƒŠãƒ« スタンダードã€ã‚„「エディフィスã€ãªã©ã®äººæ°—セレクトショップを展開ã™ã‚‹ãƒ™ã‚¤ã‚¯ãƒ«ãƒ¼ã‚ºç›£ä¿®ã®ã‚‚ã¨ã€é’å±±ã®éª¨è‘£é€šã‚Šã«ã‚°ãƒ©ãƒ³ãƒ‰ã‚ªãƒ¼ãƒ—ンã—ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚

パリã«ãŠã‘る第三ã®ã‚³ãƒ¼ãƒ’ーブームã®å…ˆé§†è€…「クãƒãƒ¥ãƒ¼ãƒ ã€ã‚’手掛ã‘ã‚‹ã®ã¯2人ã®çˆç²ã‚¯ãƒªã‚¨ã‚¤ã‚¿ãƒ¼ã€ãƒˆãƒ ã¨ã‚¢ãƒ³ãƒˆãƒ¯ãƒ³ã€‚土作りã‹ã‚‰å§‹ã¾ã‚‹ã€Œæœ€é«˜ã®è¾²åœ’ã€ã¨ç›´æŽ¥å–引を行ã„ã€åŽ³é¸ã—ãŸã€Œã‚·ãƒ³ã‚°ãƒ«ã‚ªãƒªã‚¸ãƒ³ コーヒーã€ã‚’仕入れるãªã©ã€å¾¹åº•ã—ãŸã“ã ã‚ã‚Šã‚’æŒã£ã¦ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚

ãã—ã¦ã€å½¼ã‚‰ç‹¬è‡ªã®ãƒ—ロファイリングã‹ã‚‰å°Žã出ã•ã‚Œã‚‹ã€Œç„™ç…Žã¨æŠ½å‡ºã€ã‚’経るã“㨠ã§ã€Œæ—¨å‘³ã€ã‚„「酸味ã€ã€ã€Œé¦™ã‚Šã€ã¨ã„ã†ã€å¾“æ¥ã®ã‚³ãƒ¼ãƒ’ーã®æ¦‚念ã¨ã¯ä¸€ç·šã‚’ç”»ã™ã€ã¾ã‚‹ã§ãƒ¯ã‚¤ãƒ³ã®ã‚ˆã†ã«ãƒ•ãƒ«ãƒ¼ãƒ†ã‚£ãƒ¼ã§ã€ãƒ†ãƒ­ãƒ¯ãƒ¼ãƒ«ã‚’æ„Ÿã˜ã‚‹ç¨‹ã®æœ€é«˜ã®ä¸€æ¯ãŒå®Œæˆã—ã¾ã™ã€‚

「クãƒãƒ¥ãƒ¼ãƒ ã€ã®ã‚°ãƒ©ãƒ³ãƒ‰ã‚ªãƒ¼ãƒ—ンã¯ã€å実共ã«ç¾ä»£ã®ãƒ‘リを代表ã™ã‚‹ã‚«ãƒ•ã‚§ã®æ—¥æœ¬åˆä¸Šé™¸ã€‚é’山を訪れãŸéš›ã«ã¯æ˜¯éžã€å½¼ã‚‰ã®ãƒ•ãƒ¬ãƒ³ãƒãƒ†ã‚¤ã‚¹ãƒˆã‚³ãƒ¼ãƒ’ーを味ã‚ã„ã«ç«‹ã¡å¯„ã£ã¦ã¿ã¦ã¯ã„ã‹ãŒã§ã—ょã†ã‹ã€‚

Text_Yuji Nakata

COUTUME
ä½æ‰€ï¼šæ±äº¬éƒ½æ¸¯åŒºå—é’å±± 5-8-10 
番å·ï¼š03-6418-5325
時間:7:30~21:30
席数:37席
coutume.jp