japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

like those organic / farmer's market things in japan r kinda lame just like the one in front of the UN Daigaku.

i guess american ones are p lame too. they usually more expensive than buying from good grocery stores. full of tru kag / cwg bait food vendors.

Edited by herpsky

Anyone know where I can find a gig guide for Tokyo/Osaka? I've checked Last.fm but it doesn't really have many dates. I'll be in Tokyo early May. I think Disclosure are playing around then, not my style but I'll go for the experience if there is nothing else on offer.

Check resident advisor for shows. I went to womb and air and had a good time at both with relatively no-name DJ's spinning. 

Tabelog skews way too heavily towards expensive french, sushi, and kaiseki places. I'm sure it's a somewhat decent survey of those kind of restaurants, but there's no representation of good mid-range places or any B-kyu stuff. Maybe if you're dropping 2man a head on dinner you feel obligated to justify your expense by leaving a good review on Tabelog, but it'd be nice to see some more interesting choices anywhere in the top 100. The best lunch category has a lot more variety.

Like, out of the way from most tourist attractions. It's in a very residential area. Kinda close to where nicelynice lives.

*Dinner = 20k yen per person + u gotta get introduced. Lunch = 4k+

Edited by herpsky

Like, out of the way from most tourist attractions. It's in a very residential area. Kinda close to where nicelynice lives.

*Dinner = 20k yen per person + u gotta get introduced. Lunch = 4k+

Yeah seems 一見ãŠæ–­ã‚Š

Guessing Amex Platinum / Blackcard / Diners club might be able to get you a reservation though.

Showed that list to a friend, she said this married guy from osaka she's having an affair with (lol) took her to the first #9 on that list, フロリレージュã®å†™çœŸ and said it was amazing. Looks nice but I think nicelynice's post is pretty accurate. 

Also pretty sure I heard an idolm@ster remix coming from one of the DJs at the Vivienne Westwood harajuku opening a few days ago but maybe not (._.  )

Edited by pompadork

Showed that list to a friend, she said this married guy from osaka she's having an affair with (lol) took her to the first #9 on that list, フロリレージュã®å†™çœŸ and said it was amazing. Looks nice but I think nicelynice's post is pretty accurate. 

Also pretty sure I heard an idolm@ster remix coming from one of the DJs at the Vivienne Westwood harajuku opening a few days ago but maybe not (._.  )

u very kimoi

More photos on the site now, looks okay. I know they carry niuhans but dunno what else. I'm more interested in the coffee shop but ãŸã‘ãˆã‡ã‡ã‡ã‡

What u talkin bout? That's like the standard Aoyama pricing. Actually, it's on the cheaper end. I think one cup of mediocre coffee at Yoku Moku Lounge is like 1200 yen (well, it's a full service sit-down cafe). It's p much on the same point as the OG Streamer's. 

The shop also has a Brift H inside. I heard they are the best shoe shiner in Tokyo. think u are only "allowed" to bring in lobb, green, and weston. paging djrajio.

The shop is on Kottodori. I think it's in the same bldg as Optical Tailor Cradle.

Edited by herpsky

SO LULZY

西麻布ä¼èª¬

今夜 The Golden Thursday
今夜 The Golden Thursday ã“れ㌠The Golden Thursday 手 手上ã’ã¦
One More Time DJ 踊らã›ã¦ Come on エブリãƒãƒ‡ãƒ¼
æ±äº¬ã‚¿ãƒ¯ãƒ¼ ãƒ’ãƒ«ã‚ºå´ å…­æœ¬æœ¨é€šã‚Š é’å±±å´ ã‹ã‚‰ã™ããã°
見ã¤ã‘ãŸã‚ (ã‚ãã“ã˜ã‚ƒãªã„?)
ã²ã¨éš›Yellowãªçœ‹æ¿ã«ä»Šæ™© 集ã¾ã‚‹å¤¢ã¯ ãã‚Œãžã‚Œ é•ã†ã‘ã©ä¸€ã¤ 一緒ã«å¾…ã¨ã†ã‚ˆ
ã„ã¤ã‹ ã“ã®è¡—ã® ã¦ã£ãºã‚“ã«ç«‹ã£ã¦ã•
自由を å«ã¼ã† Hey Yeah
(hook)
One More Time DJ 踊らã›ã¦
Come on エブリãƒãƒ‡ãƒ¼ ã“れ㌠The Golden Thursday 手 手上ã’ã¦
音ã«ä¹—㛠大ããªå¤¢ 届ã‘ã¦
エントランス ããã‚Œã°
地下ã¸ã¨ç¶šã階段を Step Down Stairs
ã»ã‚‰ã­My Friends ココã¯å¿ƒé–‹ã‘ã‚‹ ã»ã‚“ã¨ãƒã‚«ãªå¤§äººã°ã£ã‹ã ã‹ã‚‰
体中感ã˜ãŸã‚‚ã‚“å‹ã¡
大胆ãªå¿«æ„Ÿã‚’ Oh æ¥çŸ¥ã‚‰ãš ã¯ã—ゃãŽã¾ã—ょã†ã‹
何度ã§ã‚‚ x to z
(hook)
One More Time DJ 踊らã›ã¦
音ã«ä¹—㛠大ããªå¤¢ 届ã‘ã¦
éŠã¼ã† One Time(Pow!)
éŠã¼ã† Two Time(Pow! Pow!)
éŠã¼ã† Three Time(Pow! Pow! Pow!)
éŠã¼ã† Many Time(Pow! Pow! Pow! Pow!…)
ã•ã£ãã¾ã§ æ‚©ã‚“ã§ãŸäº‹ã•ãˆã‚‚ 消ãˆã¦ã‚†ãã®ã•
å…¨ã¦ã¯å…¨ã¦ don't worry it's all right 大丈夫ã•
é¼»ã§ç¬‘ã‚ã‚Œã¦ãŸã¨ã—ã¦ã‚‚ä¿¡ã˜ã¦ã‚†ãã®ã• ã„ã¤ã‹åƒ•ã‚‰ã®è¶³è·¡ãŒ ä¼èª¬ã«ãªã‚‹æ˜Žæ—¥ãŒã‚ã‚‹ã• Fight! Fight!
(hook)
One More Time DJ 踊らã›ã¦
音ã«ä¹—㛠大ããªå¤¢ 届ã‘ã¦
One More Time DJ

on a serious note, like, every fucking place shinjuku, shibuya, omotesando, will be a total fucking mad house. 

the streets get crowded on weekends but golden week crowded is like causeway bay on a sunday crowded. 

u might have more chill time in spots like nakameguro and daikanyama but they will be p mobbed. good luck on getting a seat at good restaurants, bars, and etc. 

sux

yeaaaaaah i knew this goin in, but that's the only time I get to see my lady so I think i'll live. 

more importantly, how should i spend my time then? I'm arriving on may 4th

Well u in a long distance with jbz right? Just play house.

Go on date. Eat exotic jap foods.

Mayb go 2 a movie.

Go 2 amusement park.

Romantic museum date

Where yr lady @ anyway? She got hot friends? If so lets double date

She works in Nanjing, but those two weeks are her break so I'm meeting up with her in Japan. So unfortunately, she doesn't have any friends in jp. 

I don't have a frame of reference so I don't think i'll mind the hecticness. If it's that bad I can just lay low for a lil bit. 

Would be delighted to meet up with any of you if schedules permit (and you feel like meeting a random 23 y/o from LA)! Currently looking into places to stay in Shibuya and Roppongi

Edited by andrewisdope