japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Ahhhhh. Duhhhh.

Lotus not top quality?

What do you want man?????

Every single girl you've gotten with in the last three weeks was PURELY through me introducing you/hooking you up!

Beggars can't be choosers.

Haha. Thank you, sir.

rep wasnt working for me either. you have to change your theme.

we just discovered that the reason many users are having issues with rep etc. is because they are not using the correct skin theme. it seems they are still on 'suPerCaSe' - which is no longer active [and it hasn't been active since upgrade 3.3.3 in may!?]

go to bottom left of page and via the 'Change Theme' link update to 'Superfuture 3.3' and everything should then be working properly!!

I don't know why I'm getting negged when I asked a legit question. I did search the thread and the last comments were made in 2010. Some of the places I got were Club air, Womb, Ahega le baroon and roppongi?

It depends on what you're looking for, but nightlife in Tokyo pales in comparison to most major cities imo considering how phenomenal all their other cultural offerings are in Japan.

but UNIT in Daikanyama books good stuff occasionally, and i've seen a lot of good line-ups at eleven.

Womb cruise is coming up on the 15th. I doubt I'll go though.

Clubs in Tokyo are really genre specific. It also depends on what type of people you want to meet.

I miss the old days when I used to go to clubs that are more music-oriented like Yellow (now eleven).

You need to ask us more specific questions e.g. I'm really into house. Where should I go?

Need help:

Some friends are visiting town and this is what they said,

I mostly would like to eat good food (you know, foodie food) bc so far the trip has been lacking in really good food. I also would love to find some indie-like boutiques with cute things for gifts and such. I know Japan has a large DIY community but I haven't seen it yet...so if you have any suggestions that would be cool.

I could take them to the ginormous MUJI / LOFT combo in GInza. I guess DIY really refers to etsy-like stuff.

Any suggestions?

As far as food goes, I was thinking about taking them to some place for a baller status lunch. I'm thinking Cicada in Omotesando but it's pretty damn expensive.

We are willing to spend 2000 but not like 5000 yen. What do you all think?

Edited by herpsky

Need help:

Some friends are visiting town and this is what they said,

I mostly would like to eat good food (you know, foodie food) bc so far the trip has been lacking in really good food. I also would love to find some indie-like boutiques with cute things for gifts and such. I know Japan has a large DIY community but I haven't seen it yet...so if you have any suggestions that would be cool.

I could take them to the ginormous MUJI / LOFT combo in GInza. I guess DIY really refers to etsy-like stuff.

Any suggestions?

As far as food goes, I was thinking about taking them to some place for a baller status lunch. I'm thinking Cicada in Omotesando but it's pretty damn expensive.

We are willing to spend 2000 but not like 5000 yen. What do you all think?

Lots of big name starred places have express/biz lunches that go anywhere from 2000-3000Y a head. That doesnt include VAT and no wine, but you can get in at La Table Robuchon in the chateau in Ebisu for that much starting price, and others as well. I go to Fureika in Higashiazabu for Chinese food at lunch, they have sets for 2000-3000Y a head (2000Y buys you a couple starter pieces of Chinese BBQ, a couple amazing dumplings, and then soup noodles... so about twice as much as a greasy spoon but two Michelin stars, dude. Probably worth it) and sometimes 800y/glass Laurent Perrier champagne. It's really well made food.

went to muse with my charai half boy (the bru who lives in yoyogi). he was there with his girl friend. she was a total gyaru.

relatively uneventful night though

yoshi and i b going to some party in azabu on the 30th. full of students. it's apparently 6k yen - all you can drink in the VIP section.

better not be at dix though.

i met the super cute chick who was at regoletto post-thanksgiving party at muse. eriko was her name.

Edited by herpsky

Lots of big name starred places have express/biz lunches that go anywhere from 2000-3000Y a head. That doesnt include VAT and no wine, but you can get in at La Table Robuchon in the chateau in Ebisu for that much starting price, and others as well. I go to Fureika in Higashiazabu for Chinese food at lunch, they have sets for 2000-3000Y a head (2000Y buys you a couple starter pieces of Chinese BBQ, a couple amazing dumplings, and then soup noodles... so about twice as much as a greasy spoon but two Michelin stars, dude. Probably worth it) and sometimes 800y/glass Laurent Perrier champagne. It's really well made food.

thanks