japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Probably gunna roll, although not certain yet. Never been to Unit, what's the place like? Just hope it's low-key, and grimy. Not big into all the cheesy school-disco lighting rigs you see in some places here.

unit is a dope venue, i saw fennesz and a few others there. its under a huge 100y store (or was in 2009) in ebisu and is pretty easy to walk past.

Edited by conqueror

It's closer to Daikanyama near the 5 way intersection. Quite an unusual place for a club. It's under an "OUTLET" store.

So my good friend from fashion school recently did a collaboration w/ Galaxxxy (urahara street brand) and are having a party tonight to celebrate the renewal opening of the store and the collaboration project. I'll be there. Check it out!

â– 6月8æ—¥(金)galaxxxy RENEWAL OPENING FREE PARTY!!!ã‚’Hi-Fiã«ã¦é–‹å‚¬!!!â– 

date : 2012.06.07 Thursday

20120531_92236.jpg

ã„よã„よ明日6月8日金曜日!!!

galaxxxy Renewal Openã¨Mami Nishide(from agk)

w/ Vantan Exhibition & XEFFER RECORDS OPENING PARTYを開催!!!

GUEST Live&Djã«å¤ãã¯Ken ishii,Aphex Twin,ãã—ã¦James Brakeã®éŸ³æºã‚’リリースã™ã‚‹UKã®å門音楽レーベルR&Sレコードã‹ã‚‰ã‚‚リリースã™ã‚‹UKã®Beat technician Submerse ãã—ã¦galaxxxy愛好家ã¨ã—ã¦ã‚‚有åãªä»Šç¾åœ¨ãƒŽãƒªã«ã®ã£ãŸã‚¢ãƒŽæ–¹ã‚’Ultra Super Special Guestã¨ã—ã¦ãŠè¿Žãˆã—ã¦ã®è¶…豪è¯ãƒ•ãƒªãƒ¼ãƒ‘ーティー!!!

ã”æ¥å ´ä¸‹ã•ã£ãŸãŠå®¢æ§˜ã«ã¯agk様より激キュートãªã‚ªãƒªã‚¸ãƒŠãƒ«ã®ãƒ­ã‚´åˆºç¹å…¥ã‚ŠVãƒãƒƒã‚¯Tシャツ or Mami Nishide様ã®ãƒšã‚¤ãƒ³ãƒ†ã‚£ãƒ³ã‚°ã‚’プリントã—ãŸTシャツã¨ã‚¹ãƒ†ãƒƒã‚«ãƒ¼ã€ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒƒãƒ‘ーをセットã«ã—ãŸã‚¹ãƒšã‚·ãƒ£ãƒ«ãŠåœŸç”£ã‚»ãƒƒãƒˆã‚’プレゼント!!!

20120607_110787.jpg

軽ã„ãŠé£Ÿäº‹ã¨ãŠé£²ã¿ç‰©ã‚’ã”用æ„ã•ã›ã¦é ‚ãã¾ã™ï¼

ã©ãªãŸæ§˜ã§ã‚‚ã”å‚加頂ã‘ã¾ã™ã®ã§çš†æ§˜ãŠèª˜ã„åˆã‚ã›ã®ä¸Šã€ãœã²ãœã²ãŠè¶Šã—ãã ã•ã„ã¾ã›ï¼ï¼

galaxxxy RENEWAL & Mami Nishide(from agk)

w/ Vantan Exhibition &XEFFER RECORDS OPENING PARTY!!!ã€

Open;18:00~Close;21:00

Entrance:FREEE!!! &FREEE FOODS!!!!

SpecialGuest Live & DJ

20120604_103169.jpg

Submerse(Maltine Records/Med School/Apollo Records/Sony Music UK)

&

Ultra Super Special Guest!!!

Posted · Hidden by Enaml, June 9, 2012 - meh
Hidden by Enaml, June 9, 2012 - meh

Damn, so much going on this weekend. Need to kick this cold fast.

Never heard of it until now I see its a kimpton hotel, I've stayed at kimptons outside of NY before and they're good for the price, clean, friendly service. It's on 11th Ave, kind of a trek to the subway, but you're near some decent ghetto mexican food and one of the best bakeries, Sullivan street bakery. It's father's day, I may have to take my dad out, depends on his mood, keep me posted.

Doesnt like every McDonalds sell 100yen coffee and starbucks is around 300yen? Where are they getting their avg prices from? places expats go to likeHotel room service?

i think the mercer methodology is very good at approximating the cost of sending an expat somewhere, it's not really a survey of cost of living. at current exchange rate, it's a little under ¥600, which is not outrageous for a coffee at a nice place (which mercer must use).

the first thing people say to me, "oh you are from japan. i heard everything is outrageously expensive over there."

i suppose the cost of housing in central tokyo is pretty outrageous (though there are decent deals). since the convenience / the amount of competition among retailers and services keep the cost of living (minus the housing) low, i just say it all depends. i don't think there's any city in the world that has a broader category of quality cheap eats than japan. i know we all make fun of matsuya and sukiya but you can never get food of that quality in other countries for like <400 yen.

there was a large-scale study done in japan which compared cost of living across most of the prefectures in japan. it turns out the average cost of living (akita or niigata, i think) was higher than that of Tokyo because of gas, expensive groceries, heating bills and etc

i think the true winners live in the 地方都市 such as Sendai, Fukuoka, and Sapporo. Cost of living is low yet you can get most of the everyday cool things that you want. you won't probably be able to buy a valextra briefcase but you can still most of the sufu-approved brands. actually, it's much easier to cop "grails" in smaller cities. Revolutions in Sendai, i think, takes pre-orders from UC lookbooks even if you are not a 顧客 (VIP customer).

Edited by herpsky

i don't think there's any city in the world that has a broader category of quality cheap eats than japan. i know we all make fun of matsuya and sukiya but you can never get food of that quality in other countries for like <400 yen.

THIS.

hi friends, i am going to be in tokyo from the 7th till the 15th of july. reccommendations for places to:

- eat

- drink

- disco

- visit

- pick up breezy's

- etc

would be amazing. more importantly though anyone down for a couple of beers?

yeah, regarding eating at a 'normal' level (no baller restaurants) tokyo is definitely the cheapest city i have been to by miles. excluding fruit, groceries are considerably cheaper as well.

Dude you are from australia. All that mining money is making inflation and cost of living down under crazy expensive right now.

hi friends, i am going to be in tokyo from the 7th till the 15th of july. reccommendations for places to:

- eat

- drink

- disco

- visit

- pick up breezy's

- etc

would be amazing. more importantly though anyone down for a couple of beers?

Head to muse in Nishiazabu. Cheers.

Dude you are from australia. All that mining money is making inflation and cost of living down under crazy expensive right now.

yuh, but tokyo was still cheaper before the mining boom. regardless, you're right and its kind of crazy - adelaide (where i live) is apparently the 21st most expensive city in the world to live now and its fucking tiny (1mil). also i have been to london, auckland etc and tokyo is still alot cheaper than those cities for eats and most other day to day things - i can't compare to the states as i have never been.

edit: when i lived in tokyo, everything was cheaper than adelaide except mass transit (and as i've said before i had no problem with this since the system is basically the best in the world). i still don't understand these 'findings' that conclude tokyo is the most expensive city in the world. buying real estate i can understand being alot more expensive in jp, but everything else seemed so much cheaper - rent, groceries, bills, eating out/entertainment, clothing etc. i'm sure other things you might not account for would cost more in jp (funerals, maybe healthcare? etc) but they are hardly common things that you pay for on a regular, daily basis. i paid 70k yen a month to live in a nice sharehouse in koenji which is part of the most sprawling and advanced metropolis' in the world - i pay almost that to live in a fairly shitty shared apartment in the adelaide cbd which is tiny and light years behind tokyo in terms of convenience, culture and so on. obviously tokyo/jp has its huge downsides too (its 2012 and their are still insane levels of xenophobia/discrimination at almost all levels, too collectivist, virtually no personal space etc) but regarding things that require money most things are incredibly cheap or reasonable.

Edited by conqueror

beer can be expensive if you like drinking import microbrews

there's one beer stand near my house that serves american and belgian microbrews for >1000 yen a pint. fuck that f'reals.

run to 7-11 and chug hyoketsu strong for pre-game --> go to muse and drink redbull vodka (they give you a full can!) --> nanpa all night long --> profit

i mean

iflyer.tv for club events

tabelog for food

you should go to those really sketchy standing bars in 立石 (or 下町area) and drink with blue collar folks.

once in a while i go to musashikoyama and drink at those standing bars with old dudes.

Edited by herpsky