japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Going to be living in Sangenjaya for a few months starting in January, anyone have any recommendations for restaurants or bars in the area? I could tabelog it but curious if anyone had any recommendations.

PM'd

supersad but i don't have ANY plans for Dec 23, 24, or 25 as of right now.

most of the girls i know are working those days and i'm just running out of supply

if anyone wants to go HAM, let me know.

i'd probably go out alone if there's nothing going on.

i might totally swallow my pride and go to the xmas event at ageha SOLO

it depends on what yr looking for, but a few of the best spots in Tokyo I think are eleven, and UNIT are pretty good. warehouse 703 over in Azabu-Juban brings in good talent on occassion too (saw Ben Klock there) but I'm all about the music and couldn't give a fuck about no J-bitches so that's just my opinion.

but if you aren't too fussy about music as you say and don't mind lots of corny bitches you will have tonnnnns of clubs to go to.

Edited by 5-4=Unity

Going to be in Tokyo for a few weeks in February - can anyone recommend

vegetarian/vegan orientated cafes/restaurants?

you can also try searching shojin ryori (traditional japanese Zen cuisine)

this 2 phrases should be useful: Watashiwa bejitarian desu. [i'm vegetarian.] 「ã‚ãŸã—ã¯ã€€ãƒ™ã‚¸ã‚¿ãƒªã‚¢ãƒ³ã§ã™ã€‚〠and Onikuga haitteimasuka? [is there any meat in it?] 「(ãŠ)ã«ããŒã€€ã¯ã„ã£ã¦ã„ã¾ã™ã‹ï¼Ÿã€

i hope it helps.

Edited by nachtelijk

I'm 16 so nightlife in japan is out of reach for me?

I'm tall, and i have a fake id for 18, will I be able to g in then? Or i need 21.

Anyways i was actually wondering about the shopping areas, as I already presume I can't do the nightlife, If someone could pm me about which areas to go shopping for second hand bargains, second hand shops like suprme palace in hong kong, with second hand bape, supreme, rare nukes etc etc,

Thanks

Twenty years old. You probably not going to be able to talk your way into the club like that.

Anyways, I wandered by Golden Brown by accident today and had a burger there despite already having eaten just an hour before. Was good, but that there is so much cheese that the oil saturated the bun before I even got it :(

ima go next week.

tsutaya shoten is apparently next next next level. largest selection of "coffee table" books in tokyo i.e. in the world.

you can bring back unpurchased books from the store to the cafe ala BN and borders

still looking for stuff to do on the 23rd and 24th

will roppongi be dead on those two nights?

i'm 99.99% sure that all my bros have BZs lined up and won't probably do shit with me

unless that friday is a regular day for some of those finance dudes

Edited by herpsky

oh hi there. anyone know where i can buy a second hand or new record player. doesnt have to be good just work. its for my friend who had to leave hers in australia and i know she is missing it.

i have been looking myself but got hit with a nasty cold and cant move so well. i think i can remember seeing a few second hand stores in Asakusa last time was here.

im here for one month but would like to get it in next couple of days cold permitting. my japanese is not great its pretty limited to food and drink/ ordering in izakaya

Thanks for any help~

Edited by wickytang

oh hi there. anyone know where i can buy a second hand or new record player. doesnt have to be good just work. its for my friend who had to leave hers in australia and i know she is missing it.

you can try digging through http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/ . friend made some good deals there.

otherwise look for a sofmap store (pretty sure there is one in akihabara). they have all kinds of used gear, but not crazy cheap