japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

If you are lady, then yes. If you are lady boy, then no. If you are guy, then that's a no too.

more fun than going solo.

if you are going to end up nanpa-ing all night, it doesn't really matter. this is not new york city where you have to bring in bitches to get into clubs...

^^yeah, you're right. I guess in that order: drinks, view and then clientele/雰囲気. The New Otani bar sounds like a blast. Park Hyatt might very well be the best, I haven't been there in 4-5 years. On second thought I probably won't be passing by the places where many of these hotels are located (?), unless they're close to regular drinking spots or (like the NY bar or the Cerulean Tower bar etc). What about regular cocktail bars?

ANA Intercontinental on Roppongi dori has some in house bars, no views cuz it's old like the New Otani. I guess they have roof bars but those aren't where they make the good drinks. Most hotel bars are kinda shitty compared to real bars but you can't smoke in any of the hotels in Tokyo anymore, so the hotel bars are the only places left.

Best booze IMO is in Ginza, 5, 6, 7-chome, the blocks cordoned off by Showa-dori and Sotobori-dori, usually in the backstreets behind the department stores. It's like a playground for old people back there. Tons of great old boozehound bars around there, where they have walls of bottles and bartenders who can make thousands of drinks off the top of their heads, each drink with a little special touch that you will really only see in Japan.

Can anyone recommend a good roof top view in Osaka? Doesnt have to be a bar I just want to be high up

サントリービル屋上ビアガーデン 〒530-0004 大阪府大阪市北区堂島浜2丁目1−40

how about this one? suntory building rooftop beer garden.

beer gardens kinda suck though...

Can anyone recommend a good roof top view in Osaka? Doesnt have to be a bar I just want to be high up

Swisshotel in Namba has a pretty good North facing view from the top.

For Umeda, it's probably XEX in the Herbis Plaza that's your best bet.

Another great view is at the teppan at the Imperial Hotel:

http://www.imperialhotel.co.jp/j/osaka/restaurant/24

Note: that beer garden does, in fact, kinda suck

what the hell is up with that backup dancer? at first i thought they had blackface on and thought "that is not cool" but then i saw it wasn't blackface, so that changed to "that is pretty weird"

I had maybe 3 friends over there, but for the most part, I was wandering around solo.

I stayed at a Sakura Guest House in Shibuya. My roommate showed me the ropes of Tokyo for the first couple of days and then I got the hang of it fairly quickly. I somehow managed to make it to Kyoto and Osaka and back to Tokyo.

There is definitely no other city like Tokyo!

Ginza backstreets sounds pretty good for drinking, dismal. Sounds like (semi-)classier versions of nonbeiyokocho places. Will check it out, thanks. I've wandered around in those blocks a few times before but not for drinking. I found a few amazing hardcore coffee places there as well (though those were on the other side of chuo dori). Nothing but coffee is served, kinda pricy as well, but they have an amazing selection of bean blends. Pretty hidden though, not the typical polished ginza main street places. The clientele (the few times I've been) is basically old salarymen.

cplus headwears has great beanies.

they no longer use the terrible engrish labels on their products.

it's in the basement of the kyocera building on meiji dori in shibuya.

Neighborhood Shibuya

Atelier Head Porter

W)taps (opening late fall ~ early winter)

住所 東京都渋谷区神南1-8-13 千城ビル1F

Expect bloody fist fights with HK homeless resellers for the headporter x neighborhood jawnz.

Neighborhood Shibuya

Atelier Head Porter

W)taps (opening late fall ~ early winter)

住所 東京都渋谷区神南1-8-13 千城ビル1F

Expect bloody fist fights with HK homeless resellers for the headporter x neighborhood jawnz.

wtaps GIP store opens on the 10th September

is in Jinnan as well, on Fire St