japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Oh yes thank you! Definitely have to hit that. I booked a room at 9H in Kyoto, thinking about spending the next night in Osaka. Any hotel recommendations?

Also, where is the best place(s) to cop Facetasm, sasquatchFABRIX, Soloist, and Cutler & Gross?

Have to echo Bentobox. Savoy is great. Used to eat there once a week when I was living in Azabu-Juban. Best local pizza joint I've ever had. Their marinara is superb.

Partenope in Hiroo is okay, nothing more.

I've heard lots of good things about a place in Jiyugaoka, but can't remember the name.

Tokiiiiiiiooooo B.A.L.L.I.N. - headed out there in 24 hrs. Doing the Conrad Tokyo this time so I'm gonna get drunk and eat sushi at Tsukiji at ungodly hours since it's close, visit Tokyo Tower one last time before it closes, go to cheesy old places in Ginza - haven't really done the touristy stuff in Japan in years, really looking forward to it, good location for a jump off.

January, moving there, need plans or whatever, anybody who want to help in any way it's much appreciated

what are you doing there?

you got a job in tokyo?

Leopalace are pretty good with foreigners (I am assuming you are not of Japanese decent)

http://en.leopalace21.com/

places are small but new and they are cheap and they dont mess around with massive amounts of key money etc. plus they are partially furnished (most places here come with nothing)

my wife and I were turned down twice (not by Leopalace) before we found our place based solely on the fact that I was a foreigner so dont be surprised if that happens

Leopalace are pretty good with foreigners (I am assuming you are not of Japanese decent)

http://en.leopalace21.com/

places are small but new and they are cheap and they dont mess around with massive amounts of key money etc. plus they are partially furnished (most places here come with nothing)

my wife and I were turned down twice (not by Leopalace) before we found our place based solely on the fact that I was a foreigner so dont be surprised if that happens

A lot of places nowadays are doing 0 key/0 deposit, sometimes even with a free month out of 24. It might be for higher priced places that aren't moving, but the places I'm looking at, rents have dropped by like 20-30% compared to a couple years ago, and they're doing 0/0 as well.

Yeah that may not work. Never know though, sounds like akuma has something up his sleeve if he's already comfortable having a pet there, even before he's gotten to Japan?

My girlfriend has a beautiful Siberian husky, I couldnt imagine not her her along. Thanks for all the suggestions guys,

125,000 is not gonna get a place comfortable enough for a dog that size in the city. I'd look at finding a bigger place in Chiba, Kanagawa, and Saitama and commuting. Does your company offer any relocation assistance?

Looking for a place without physically being in Japan is a bit difficult due to the lease process since you need a Guarantor, or else paying quite a bit to a guarantor company. Do you have Japanese language ability? That will help the process quite a bit.

I live in Sendai as a single foreigner, and I've never paid key money or a deposit, but I work for the municipal government and the mayor signs on as my guarantor. If you can get your company president (and it's a large company), that can help rental negotiations immensely.