japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

I'll be going to Japan in the middle of August for 2 1/2 weeks for the first time. What are some good spots to check out around the country? I might want to check out Seoul and Thailand, but how long of a trip is it from Tokyo?

Seoul is super fast. HND to GMP is like 2.5 hours and total travel time is like 4.5ish hours probably.

Bangkok is a bit more of a pain. Not many flights out Haneda, like seriously not that many, and the flight is almost 6 hours I think. Totally worth going unless you have a weakness for coke and 14 year olds.

yeah I can get from my house in Seoul to someplace in the middle of Tokyo in about 4 hrs, maybe under if I was really goin hard, that includes checking in at the airport and waiting at the gate 30 minutes before departure.

no idea

phenomenon, facetasm, unused

too fashion forward though

and givenchy tees (0)

also blk / white mountaineering

Wife and I (mid-30s) are heading to Thailand for a few weeks in September. Friend of mine said we should make it a point to stop in Tokyo for couple days before or after. If you had only a couple days in Tokyo, what would you do, where would you stay (budget), where would you eat, where would you shop (denim)?

where would you eat, where would you shop (denim)?
Yoshinoya and Self-Edge Tokyo.

I'm listening to some old TK stuff. hitomi, globe, and etc

so good. the dude is talented. brings back lots of childhood memories.

Speaking of bars, has anyone been to that new place Aoyama Tunnel?

http://aoyama-tunnel.com/

it opened like two nights ago. i don't think anyone's been yet.

apparently, it's a DJ bar with no cover.

i'm looking at the map. it's in the same building as oath.

went to japan way back in 97. looked pretty crazy would be down to check it out again. what are the spots to go out at night?

^^^ Hit up Yom, dude's in Nagoya but won't waste your time - always made transactions super easy for me.

does ANYONE know where this is! i would love to visit it

http://hypebeast.com/2011/02/sasquatchfabrix-2011-springsummer-zenarchy-lookbook/

Few different places; Tsubosaka-Dera, Hase-Dera in Sakurai, and Murō-ji in Uda - all in the Nara Prefecture.