japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

• 2 weeks later...

tokishiraz 50 - 90% off sale starts today. everything thing from their archive on sale too, apparently.

the store will be closing for good.

First trip to japan in feb this year. Coming feb 15th and leaving on the 28th.

Aiming for 5 days skiing at Hakuba and then the rest of the time travelling.

I think the plan was to spend a few days in tokyo and then get a 7 day rail pass and go to:

Ito/Yokohama for cherry blossoms (im with a couple of KAGs)

Osaka/Kyoto - temples and stuff and a day trip to Himeji

Back to Hakuba - ski 5 days and then to tokyo before heading home

Looked through the feb at around feb last year and it seems like i miss the NY sales in January. Someone said something about warehouses an hour outside tokyo, are they any good?

Think we'll probably splash out on a handful of nice meals like Sakai's, any other musts?

Any pointers would be great

eg. Hotels in central locations at around 100USD a night p/p or less

my friend got me a geller fukubukuro from isetan, was total shit

flipped it on yahoo

every time I get hyped for a fukubukuro, like "nothing from this brand will disappoint that much".... it does

whens the toj fukubukuro!!

i saw that.

apparently the geller ones were all fuko-bukuros

First trip to japan in feb this year. Coming feb 15th and leaving on the 28th.

Aiming for 5 days skiing at Hakuba and then the rest of the time travelling.

I think the plan was to spend a few days in tokyo and then get a 7 day rail pass and go to:

Ito/Yokohama for cherry blossoms (im with a couple of KAGs)

Osaka/Kyoto - temples and stuff and a day trip to Himeji

Back to Hakuba - ski 5 days and then to tokyo before heading home

Looked through the feb at around feb last year and it seems like i miss the NY sales in January. Someone said something about warehouses an hour outside tokyo, are they any good?

Think we'll probably splash out on a handful of nice meals like Sakai's, any other musts?

Any pointers would be great

eg. Hotels in central locations at around 100USD a night p/p or less

cherry blossom wont start until end of March

Any sales going on in the 1st week of Feb ??

probably not

the line for the 1LDK sample sale was ridiculous and everyone looked mad peasant status-ish. i left.

tokishiraz final sale had a bunch of bless stuff and other misc shit that only drooling retards would buy. terrible.

UC S/S started yesterday if anyone is interested.

what i bought over the month:

giacometti jkt

lee jkt

superfine deminz

wrangler shirt

ricoh gr3

out of all the shit i've bought in the past few years, GR3 is undoubtedly one of the best purchases

I'm leaving Tokyo next week and I've got a bless hoodcoat I wouldn't mind parting with. Unisex medium (44/46), navy, heavy wool. Only worn a dozen or so times so will come up new with a dry-clean. Happy to meetup anywhere central over the weekend. PM if interested.

atorantaebodeswy2.jpg

I'm leaving Tokyo next week and I've got a bless hoodcoat I wouldn't mind parting with. Unisex medium (44/46), navy, heavy wool. Only worn a dozen or so times so will come up new with a dry-clean. Happy to meetup anywhere central over the weekend. PM if interested.

atorantaebodeswy2.jpg

last chance, peoples.

hey there people

i m thinking of making my first trip to Tokyo this September.

Is September a good time to go?

I am aiming September cos I would like adequate hours of sunshine without the summer heat and crowds.

Hopefully there are still summer sales going on that month, or are A/W things already on the rack? (I'm from a year-round tropical country, sorry)

Would 7-10 days be too much or too little? I am not interested in seeing the big sights per se. I have been a japanophile since young, so all I wanna do is explore the districts I've been reading throughout my whole young adult life and soak up as much as of Tokyo as my wallet can afford. More on eating, shopping, roaming, visiting museums, street style snapping (hopefully).

last year September was still very hot (if u class 38-40C hot), but i am in Nagoya and its very humid here. im pretty sure Tokyo was the same though.

also most places will have switched to A/W in September.

i guess last year was an exception. huge heatwave.

no sales in september

anyway, i went to the ebisu beer museum today. the museum looks super impressive. kinda like the lobby of an upscale hotel. the tour is 500 yen per person. beer tasting at the end. got pretty drunk. A+. there's a bar on the side that serves all kinds of ebisu and finger food e.g. sausages. they know how to pour properly f'realz.

<3 GR3

5407753198_cabb194f55.jpg5407143311_3c5b9c4291.jpg

finally set up my seller account for yahoo auction (went through all those ridiculousness like address confirmation with sagawa dudes)

i b making mad moneyz

hey there people

i m thinking of making my first trip to Tokyo this September.

Is September a good time to go?

I am aiming September cos I would like adequate hours of sunshine without the summer heat and crowds.

Hopefully there are still summer sales going on that month, or are A/W things already on the rack? (I'm from a year-round tropical country, sorry)

Would 7-10 days be too much or too little? I am not interested in seeing the big sights per se. I have been a japanophile since young, so all I wanna do is explore the districts I've been reading throughout my whole young adult life and soak up as much as of Tokyo as my wallet can afford. More on eating, shopping, roaming, visiting museums, street style snapping (hopefully).

a week, or even 10 days, is definitely not enough time for a vacation like that... give yourself at least 2 weeks. you can enjoy things at a leisurely pace and not feel like you missed out on anything afterwards. and yes, september will still be hot & humid. october should be better, but there's nothing wrong with going in the summer!

does anyone wanna come to a nomikai @ roppongi hills tomorrow

2 ok looking girls.

1 of them is in finance, I think (probably a bad thing).

they might be DTF b/c i got their phone numbers within 3 minutes after meeting them