japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

shimokitazawa is pretty cool to poke around... daikanyama is worth a peek too, but i definitely enjoy shimokitazawa more. But that's the extent of my helpful suggestion, since I'm not a resident or anything... did you ever decide whether or not you were doing the daytrip to Yokohama? how long are you gonna be in tokyo for?

that reminds me... i suddenly have a craving for a steamed pork bun.

shimokitazawa is pretty cool to poke around... daikanyama is worth a peek too, but i definitely enjoy shimokitazawa more. But that's the extent of my helpful suggestion, since I'm not a resident or anything... did you ever decide whether or not you were doing the daytrip to Yokohama? how long are you gonna be in tokyo for?

that reminds me... i suddenly have a craving for a steamed pork bun.

wish I would have read this sooner...just got back from eating some dinner in yoyogi-uehara and could have walked down to shimokitazawa.

I'm still unsure about going to Yokohama. Going to see what all I get done in Tokyo proper in the next few days and then decide. I'm here until the 19th.

Basically I'm wandering around by myself, speak/read no japanese, and often have no idea what I'm doing really. That means eating is the most difficult thing...but also the most fun. Just lucky everyone is so nice, even if we can't understand each other at all and I have to be shown where to put my yakitori skewers when I'm done with them, ha.

Pointing and saying "Kore o kudasai" has worked pretty well so far.

wish I would have read this sooner...just got back from eating some dinner in yoyogi-uehara and could have walked down to shimokitazawa.

I'm still unsure about going to Yokohama. Going to see what all I get done in Tokyo proper in the next few days and then decide. I'm here until the 19th.

Basically I'm wandering around by myself, speak/read no japanese, and often have no idea what I'm doing really. That means eating is the most difficult thing...but also the most fun. Just lucky everyone is so nice, even if we can't understand each other at all and I have to be shown where to put my yakitori skewers when I'm done with them, ha.

yo, this was exactly me on my first trip in 2008. basically all i ever said was 'arigatou', '____ wa doko desuka' and 'ikura desuka'. i knew hiragana but that was about it. dumb gaijin concept but i had a fucking blast. enjoy the rest of your time there.

i have a really rough time there with food, because i have a diet that is totally incomprehensible to most japanese people (well most anyone really) in that i don't eat any meat (including broth, lard, etc.) although i do eat some sorts of fish. i pretty much get stuck with eating sushi, soba and japalian the whole time i am there. oh and breakfast at dennys, i live on that.

japan would be a lot easier for me if i ate meat.

i have a really rough time there with food, because i have a diet that is totally incomprehensible to most japanese people (well most anyone really) in that i don't eat any meat (including broth, lard, etc.) although i do eat some sorts of fish. i pretty much get stuck with eating sushi, soba and japalian the whole time i am there. oh and breakfast at dennys, i live on that.

japan would be a lot easier for me if i ate meat.

you just gotta look in the right places

for example, you can get a breakfast set at matsuya. Just don't get the sausage combo breakfast.

there's a plenty of organic food / vegan-ish places popping up.

you just gotta look

is anyone going to this?

http://www.audiotokyo.com/artists/

Electromusic fest

I'm fucking tired of going to Roppongi just to nanpa some hos

Combine, unit, air, aoyama hachi, and etc will do

once the rain season is over. i need to go to ageha.

you just gotta look in the right places

for example, you can get a breakfast set at matsuya. Just don't get the sausage combo breakfast.

there's a plenty of organic food / vegan-ish places popping up.

you just gotta look

thanks for the advice. i usually stay on the tokyo geidai campus in ueno, every may, as i teach a class there every golden week. next year i will try to do my homework in advance.

is anyone going to this?

http://www.audiotokyo.com/artists/

Electromusic fest

I'm fucking tired of going to Roppongi just to nanpa some hos

Combine, unit, air, aoyama hachi, and etc will do

once the rain season is over. i need to go to ageha.

i would go to that to see my friends (force of nature and doc martin) and also see dj krush. i think tokyo gets a lot of great electronic music coming through, it pays to keep an eye out.

you should go to this herp

pick up some fujoshi

day time nanpa concept?

i'm kinda getting sick of this whole nanpa BS

the problem is i just 素っ気無くなる when i'm with a girl im not all that interested in. i shouldnt really fuck around with ugly girls just for the sake of fucking around.

i have used all the cards i've had

i'm completely cashed. all the beezies now think i'm hella チャラい and ヤリ逃げ status.

live and learn i guess

for real tho, i dont know how many girls would be there

they will be playing j-core, gabba, hardcore, speedcore, trance anime remixes and shit

mega otaku shit

Anyone going to JFW International Fashion Fair?

http://www.senken-ex.com/iff_en/

i just looked through the list of exhibitors

it's only for people who actually wanna make clothes

it's not like your favorite goth ninja labels will be doing a bunch of installations

Fw-iff にご興味をお持ちいただきありがとうございます。

事前登録は終了いたしました。

Iff 7月展にご来場をご希望の方は、直接会場におこしいただき、お名刺を2枚ご提出いただければご入場いただけます。なお、入場は無料となっておりますが、一般の方、学生はご入場いただけません。

Did you go to my yakitori recommendation in Yoyogi-Uehara (Fuku)?

What'd ya think?

Did you go to my yakitori recommendation in Yoyogi-Uehara (Fuku)?

What'd ya think?

yes I did.

It was awesome. The wings were like...impossibly good.

Only regret is that I wasn't more hungry when I went.

Also went to Suzuran based on recs in this thread. I ended up with buta kakuni tsukemen with the wide flat noodles they serve there. Was pretty amazing.

And went to Ippudo, so I'm getting my ramen fix. It was good, but thought Suzuran was more enjoyable (hard to directly compare what I got at the two places, though).

yes I did.

It was awesome. The wings were like...impossibly good.

Only regret is that I wasn't more hungry when I went.

Also went to Suzuran based on recs in this thread. I ended up with buta kakuni tsukemen with the wide flat noodles they serve there. Was pretty amazing.

And went to Ippudo, so I'm getting my ramen fix. It was good, but thought Suzuran was more enjoyable (hard to directly compare what I got at the two places, though).

you leaving town pretty soon?

hope you copped some nice jawnz

Fw-iff にご興味をお持ちいただきありがとうございます。

事前登録は終了いたしました。

Iff 7月展にご来場をご希望の方は、直接会場におこしいただき、お名刺を2枚ご提出いただければご入場いただけます。なお、入場は無料となっておりますが、一般の方、学生はご入場いただけません。

The JFW International Fashion Fair is the largest fashion exhibition in Japan, hosting participants from not only Japan but also from around Asia, the United States, and Europe. It will feature all types of fashion items, from clothes to bags to shoes. Almost 750 companies participate, and around 30,000 visitors, including large number of buyers from retailers, visit the exhibition every year.

Might require a little BS to get in but you might see some up and coming brands before anyone on here does.

The JFW International Fashion Fair is the largest fashion exhibition in Japan, hosting participants from not only Japan but also from around Asia, the United States, and Europe. It will feature all types of fashion items, from clothes to bags to shoes. Almost 750 companies participate, and around 30,000 visitors, including large number of buyers from retailers, visit the exhibition every year.

Might require a little BS to get in but you might see some up and coming brands before anyone on here does.

it's just cluthingz

lulz

you should go. im 99% sure you'll get clowned

leave the 19.

still down to grab a drink or something. sorry, I know I never e-mailed you. just been hectic.

this is gonna be a pretty crazy weekend

except i have nothing lined up

interesting day

went to the bacardi reception thing at midtown. drank a shit load of free mojito courtesy of one of my beezie's press access pass.

met some of her friends. we sat around and had some coffee then exchanged digits:):):)

went to shinjuku to tutor medical english

turns out that the person who wanted to get tutored was a really cute girl.

super naive (doesn't even know how to do infrared).

taught her for a few hours. went to a really nice restaurant. talked for a few hours. ordered a high ball and got a raffle ticket. won the grand prize - suntory x tower records whiskey set,

i think this was the best night since ive been back.

Heading out to the super famous pizza place in Nakameguro.

My game was pretty fucking good last night.

Picked up an ANA cabin attendant.

Hell yeah