japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

where was everyone this weekend....I didn't even know sufu was going to be down and all the sudden I was living off the grid for a while.

went to la fabrique on friday and womb on saturday.

...fuck la fabrique that place is much smaller than I remember, but womb was fun enough even though it closed kinda early at like 5 and osawa wasn't anything real fresh. J DJs are playing the crookers to death in the clubs these days.

oh fuck, you went to Womb? Winq was in Shibuya on Saturday night calling me up wanting to go to Womb but I was feeling lazy. Sufu went down before I could copy your number down too, shiiiit.

Our weekend was kinda boring, but we went to Roppongi on Friday I think it was and spent like an unexpected $750 on something we can disclose on the forums...

Our weekend was kinda boring, but we went to Roppongi on Friday I think it was and spent like an unexpected $750 on something we can disclose on the forums...

7th heaven?

Anyway, I must apologise to Winq. He called me but I was obligated to go to a dinner with some friends and I promised to call him back when I was finished. I called but couldn't get through. He then called me an hour later but I didn't have reception so missed the call. My bad. Hopefully things will be better in Seoul.

scars_reunion.jpg

In my opinion, the SCARS crew is the most solid rap crew in Japan with Seeda being the obvious front-man. I loved their first album so I can't for this one to come out. Bach Logic and I-Dea obviously put their talents into this one...

01.Indro

02.Come back

Lyrics by MANNY,SEEDA,Sticky,bay 4 k

Track by BACH LOGIC

03.Pain time

Lyric by A.THUG

Track by JAKKPOT

04.My block

Lyrics by A,THUG,MANNY,Sticky

Track by JAKKPOT

05.何が残る 

Lyric by Sticky

Track by PUNPEE

Scratch by DJ GEORGE(FOCUS 興業)

06.万券Hits feat.DJ TY-KOH

Lyrics by SEEDA,DJ TY-KOH

Track by Sac

Shout by DJ TY-KOH

07.Lookin' back feat D.O(練マザファッカー)

Lyrics by bay 4 k,D.O

Track by I-DeA

08.Give it to me feat 林 鷹

Lyrics by Sticky,林 鷹

Track by Sac

09.What U got feat BEBE

Lyrics by bay 4 k,MANNY,BEBE

Track by I-DeA

10.We accept feat DAG FORCE

Lyrics by SEEDA,bay 4 k,DAG FORCE

Track by I-DeA

11.S to N feat PIT GOb

Lyrics by SEEDA,MANNY,bay 4 k,PIT GOb

Track by I-DeA

12.ONEWAY LOVE feat BRON-K

Lyrics by SEEDA,BRON-K

Track by Shin the NO Doubt

13.Dear my friend feat ESSENCIAL

Lyrics by Sticky,ESSENCIAL

Track by Sac

14.さらけだす

Lyrics by Sticky,bay 4 k

Track by I-DeA

15.Next episode

Lyric by MANNY

Track by Sac

geek_lifesize2.jpg

Geek crew is another great crew. Loved their first Life Size album.

1. Chees

2. Hungry

3. 10seeds

4. 002

5. Bloods (feat. 鎮座DOPENESS)

6. 無賃乗車

7. Skit

8. Problem

9. Before after (feat. STICKY)

10. Pipe dream

11. People (feat. 風)

12. Menime (feat.LUNA)

13. Queen dexi

14. noise

15. My bad

Way bigger fan of MSC/Libra kids.

Various SCARS people have put out good shit over the years tho. Idea is always pretty solid, but after listening to Bach Logic for all this time with Doberman, I don't really understand all this hype now. Not to call you out particularly, but it just seems people started riding him hard after the Red Album. I can listen to Concrete Green mixtapes all day long. That BES solo album from this summer (August?) had some solid tracks on it. Honestly tho, that first SCARS comp lp was pretty mediocre.

Life Size 2 should be pretty good.

shieeeet, we're down. Sorry we missed you too, bad organization on our part. We just got in, had mega fun in Tokyo, thanks guys. Raj you got a place to stay in Seoul! Come while the yen is ballin on the won, and we'll throw down hard.

Yo, I'll be in Seoul next Weds, Thurs, and Friday. See you guys in a bit. I'm a bit excited.

Velours, eh, I'd say overall its not what it used to be, but really where is? They have their moments.

This party on Saturday should hopefully be one of them.

Might be a good nijikai option after a bonenkai or something since it should be starting late.

You can definitely get a discount if you bring that kind of ass with you.

I will put you on the list under my name.

if it were down to fast food i'd go mosburger and cake any day over kfc..

ideally i'm looking for a house/ electronica event but i don't know any of the dj's playing at the usual spots so I could use some feedback? My last trip to tokyo was xmas 2 years ago and I had a great time at Air and Yellow, and saw the potential at Ageha but it turned out to be a gay night. Yellow now seems to be closed and i have no idea who is playing what these days on what nights.

So yeah, any comments on the local talents on xmas eve would be greatly appreciated guys