japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

herpsky

any further markdowns at midwest or same as they just started the sale?

if you know...

:confused:

everything is now like 60% off.

Hey, does anyone have recommendations for stuff to do with visitors from out of town?

I usually just drag people to my favorite restaurants/bars/clubs and they have a good time, but some friends coming this time have never been to Japan, so I think they want to do some "cultural" stuff too. I know all the standard Asakusa, Tsukiji, Kamakura type places, but would prefer to avoid crazy tourist spots.

Sometimes I bring people to Ryogoku for the matches (anything with drinking included is always a ++) but there aren't any during the time they're visiting. Will probably hit some museums too, know anything else that I'm not thinking of?

Honestly, if they are your typical foreigner tourist they are gonna love all the tourist traps anyways cuz they don't know any better. Especially if they are corny Americans who think geisha/sushi/sumo is the pinnacle of japanese cultural excellence. I used to bring my American friends to all the exclusive, in the know, bars/clubs/shops in Tokyo but they never fully appreciated it - always say "its nice but where are the kimonos?!!" So now, I just get lazy and take em to the same homogenized crap.

Hey, does anyone have recommendations for stuff to do with visitors from out of town?

I usually just drag people to my favorite restaurants/bars/clubs and they have a good time, but some friends coming this time have never been to Japan, so I think they want to do some "cultural" stuff too. I know all the standard Asakusa, Tsukiji, Kamakura type places, but would prefer to avoid crazy tourist spots.

Sometimes I bring people to Ryogoku for the matches (anything with drinking included is always a ++) but there aren't any during the time they're visiting. Will probably hit some museums too, know anything else that I'm not thinking of?

gaspanic!!!!!

the corny americans I know never cease to surprise me in their unrelenting desire to seek out the familiar in foreign locales. seriously, if they were to discover that benihana has an outpost in tokyo, they'd clamor for that...rip rocky. take 'em to a mcds in tokyo - that would fucking make their trip and for grand tales back home.

like djraj, i've stopped putting any effort into trying to introduce new things to the vast majority of people i deal with. when i did take them somewhere of critical but not popular renown, they literally sulked. all fucking trip long.

60% off everything at midwest?!! fuck, I went at the wrong time & spent a fortune. screw the oppressive summer heat. next time, i'm planning around sales.

Guest jmatsu
maid cafe in akiba?

oh wait, they have that in LA now.

oh really? gimme the 411 on that. they got white bitche in that shit? or it just b in jap-town with illegals?

Guest jmatsu
because I feel they are the #1 progressive designer right now and I can not be without their clothing and the incense they have in their store.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

oh really? gimme the 411 on that. they got white bitche in that shit? or it just b in jap-town with illegals?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/25/dining/25maid.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

From the pictures it looks like one waitress is asian and another white...could be mixed though.

Also the article says that the maid concept is "ironic", which is bullshit because indulging my otaku fantasies is serious business. I need bitches calling me goshujin-sama while making demure eye contact to be paying that kind of markup for tea and cake.

my buds and i are going to catch an AKB48 show in akihabara this weekend.

itll be pretty awesome.

gonex and raj: please dont snitch.

beams final sale from the 24th.

getting a haircut today.

the viridianne store is hella awesome. lotz of rick owenz look alikes for like 5000 yen.

fuck hare.

itll be pretty awesome.

Yo did you get my BBQ invite?

Your girl declined to attend.

WTF?

She doesn't know that I know you guys are together?

itll be pretty awesome.

How's the ticketing process?

I'm thinking of going next time I go over.

itll be pretty awesome.

yo i love akb48

seifuku ga jama wo suru n shit