the hippest city in the world

horsetears

i read an article in the New York Times Sunday Styles section a few years ago about how a new Au Bon Pain had opened up in Bangkok, and it was suddenly the hotspot for avant garde fashion designers and what not. if that's not hip, i don't know what is.

fuck bangkok

its dirty, crowded and makes you uneasy as fuck

Thats , like, the definition of a hip city. New York and Tokyo are dirty and crowded. Tokyo is filthy. (That stench in the air in Shibuya! The rats scuttling down Yasukunidori in Shinjuku.Piles of rubbish...) What do you want? Zurich? The burbs?

plus plenty of chicks thats equipped with battle hammers

Dont know what thats about

their sense of hip, they try to dress all that and shit but it still has a cheap taste that clinges to them - if bankok being the hippest i really dont know what to say

Big money and wearing brandname everything is not "hip". Hip is cool funky fashions, arthouse cinema, startlingly weird modern architecture, happening clubs, crazy streetlife and rich culture and a happening music scene. All of which Bangkok has.

The fact that its got a slightly chaotic Third World metropolis vibe (while still being relatively safe and developed) , as well as an exotic-Oriental-weird-culture vibe, as well as a hipster scene, just gives it more flava.

its dirty, crowded and makes you uneasy as fuck plus plenty of chicks thats equipped with battle hammers and their sense of hip, they try to dress all that and shit but it still has a cheap taste that clinges to them - if bankok being the hippest i really dont know what to say mojinho

wait i'm very excited to have found someone who actually went to Au Bon Pain. is the scene you're describing Bangkok in general or the Au Bon Pain specifically?

(PS i've never been to Thailand, i am extrapolating Bangkok's hipness purely on the basis of one article in the least reliable section of the US's biggest newspaper)

How in the world does having an Au Bon Pain makes a place hip? There are ABPs in completely unhip backwaters like Keene, NH. I remember seeing at least two of them at the PA bus terminal in NYC.

Soraanaam seeing how you've been to Cerritos too I think any place is hip compared to Cerritos, no? ;)

The free sulfur-sniffing in that one park definitely makes it a lot hipper than the rest of Upstate NY though, no?

were talking hip-py not hip. saratoga is way more hippy than hip although it's not blatantly-in-your-face-all-over-town veganundergroundartweeeeed hippy

also when i think hip i don't think of water springs :|

How in the world does having an Au Bon Pain makes a place hip? There are ABPs in completely unhip backwaters like Keene, NH. I remember seeing at least two of them at the PA bus terminal in NYC.

Soraanaam seeing how you've been to Cerritos too I think any place is hip compared to Cerritos, no? ;)

been to cerritos aan? cerritos is anything but hip but its m birthplace and the only place that i feel peace on this earth, cerritos is my hometown and i agree with you on the au bon pain crap, just having one doesnt define a place as hip

• 2 weeks later...
Amsterdam. Out of all the places I've been.

The Dutch just really know how to dress and live....and smoke.

good looking out my dude, We do kill it here in XXX.

but i have to go with liberia... for obvious reasons,

and APB used to be really good in like 92 or so, they used to have the ILLEST turkey, like balducci quality, was great, then poof, insta shit.