WHAT DO YOU DO FOR ALIVING?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

college undergrad - applying to med school in june...

at least i found another ST-er applying to med school

Edited by herpsky on Feb 12, 2006 at 06:03 PM

Quote: muoko , what kind of stuff do you sell on ebay?

im interested in making it a more ffective source of income, but it seems like alot of things dont go for much money @ all

Quote: I sell things on ebay, mostly designer and vintage clothing

Another thing you can sell is Nike dunk SBs. Just wait for release dates for hyped shoes then come like 5 minutes before the shop/boutique opens and cut infront of all the little middle school hypebeasts. They're all losers so they won't do anything.

Quote: undergrad senior entering mba programme in the fall

Worst mistake you could possibly make. If you ask anyone who is NOT a professor, such as someone in HR at a major company they will tell you that someone with an MBA and little or no real work experience is worse than someone with an undergrad degree and no experience.

Quote:

consultant

cchen can you go straight from undergrad to business school in america

--- Original message by johninger on Feb 12, 2006 06:04 PM

Generally in Noth America you can complete a bachelor's degree in business. For example, wehre I attend, you do a pre-proffessional year, then get accepted to the 3 year business program. Then generally, an MBA is for people who did not do an undergrad in business. You can go right into a pHd with a business undergrad at most schools to the best of my knowledge. Many though opt for an "ececutive MBA" after some work experience.

As for the post about going direct into an MBA, I have heard sentiments too that this is frowned upon, further, some programs insist on work experience.

I guess I should mention what I do. I am in my last year of business school, then hopefully in Law School by fall 2007. I coach Ski Racing in the winter, and in the summer I sell commercial software to golf courses.

Edited by HEWSINATOR on Feb 12, 2006 at 11:00 PM

Yep, you can go straight. And no, this is the best choice for me. I've already interned for the top companies and NYC, and now its time for me to start my own company, and getting a strong network with the MBA would enable me a plethora of resources. That being said, its extremely difficult to get in straight from undergrad. Maybe 1 or 2 students get in at the top schools per year. I have a high gpa from an Ivy league school in engineering (3.8), 770 GMAT, and stellar recommendations.

If you're thinking about applying straight, PM me with any questions.

And about the job market - I've gotten offers this year from exclusive hedge funds and PE firms that don't even hire from MBA programs. So frankly, I'm not worried about getting a job in case my entrepreneurial ideas don't pan out.

Right now I'm just taking courses for a degree in graphic design

When I'm not taking classes I work in the advertising & marketing department of an online software company. And I sell a lotta clothes on e-bay on the side

The kid with the most knoweldge

Will touch and attain top dollas

Edited by notesee on Feb 13, 2006 at 12:28 AM