clubbing in tokyo

Frankieboy

hi! i'll be going to tokyo in four weeks for the first time! a friend of mine told me the hotspots in tokyo change all the time.. im very much into techno (tech-house, minimal, electro, deephouse) i.e. club 11 (Amsterdam), paris paris (Paris), plastic (Milan). Would be great if one of you could give me any pointers!

Good bar suggestions are also very much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Frank

http://www.myspace.com/frankiesaysnowar

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd highly recommend ageha.

www.ageha.com

on different nights they play different music, and the women that show up are always good looking. check the schedule on that site and see if a techno show is coming up any time soon. i, myself, have been going to the hip hop friday's recently, and have had a wonderful time...for many reasons.

Ageha is such a pain in the ass to get to though.

It's pretty cool, but I've only been there for a concert, not for a typical club night. It's also expensive as fuck usually. This combined with it being way out of the way (though you can catch a bus from shibuya station, still annoying), I don't really have any desire to go out there for anything but a night I "cant miss".

I went to Womb a while back and had a damn good time (was also rolling, so might be biased...). The general club setup was top notch. Check out the website for some pictures of it.

Womb/ageha etc are, in the vein of many other clubs spin different music on different nights. So generally you have to check the schedule before you go.

Off the top of my head, some others to check out are..

Air, yellow, and... fuck whats the one with the french name that is a restaurant during the day....

Anyways, I'm not particually club knowledgeable since a lack of money generally means I party in public.

Ageha is such a pain in the ass to get to though.

It's pretty cool, but I've only been there for a concert, not for a typical club night. It's also expensive as fuck usually. This combined with it being way out of the way (though you can catch a bus from shibuya station, still annoying), I don't really have any desire to go out there for anything but a night I "cant miss".

I went to Womb a while back and had a damn good time (was also rolling, so might be biased...). The general club setup was top notch. Check out the website for some pictures of it.

Womb/ageha etc are, in the vein of many other clubs spin different music on different nights. So generally you have to check the schedule before you go.

Off the top of my head, some others to check out are..

Air, yellow, and... fuck whats the one with the french name that is a restaurant during the day....

Anyways, I'm not particually club knowledgeable since a lack of money generally means I party in public.

i'm lucky (or not depending on your definition) to live near ageha, so a late friday night/saturday morning taxi only costs about 1000 JPY. it's a beautiful life. but good call on air and yellow, definitely worth checking out.

That's not too bad. It's not a bad area, and there's something kind of refreshing about going to a club where during club hours the only thing open within view is a single conbini. It's cool because you know the people going there will be staying there, I'd imagine most until morning too.

http://www.cyberjapan.tv/contents/tokyoclubguide/index.html

Use this and you can check it out for yourself.

ageha is freaking huge. when you go to ageha, be sure to party all night long until 5AM. if you are. staying in the central part of tokyo, it's a pain in the ass to come back.

taku from m-flo spins sometimes at air. tachytelic nite or whatever it's called. i love it.

my friends like alife and X-something (forgot the name) but ive never been so i dont really know what they are like

Guest jmatsu
... fuck whats the one with the french name that is a restaurant during the day....

quote]

la fabrique. the list check/register boy is a fucking dick. want to punch him in the head.

Guest jmatsu
ageha is freaking huge. when you go to ageha, be sure to party all night long until 5AM. if you are. staying in the central part of tokyo, it's a pain in the ass to come back.

taku from m-flo spins sometimes at air. tachytelic nite or whatever it's called. i love it.

my friends like alife and X-something (forgot the name) but ive never been so i dont really know what they are like

were you successful at alife?

Guest jmatsu
i'd highly recommend ageha.

www.ageha.com

on different nights they play different music, and the women that show up are always good looking. check the schedule on that site and see if a techno show is coming up any time soon. i, myself, have been going to the hip hop friday's recently, and have had a wonderful time...for many reasons.

ageha's music usually sux. the nanpa difficulty factor is low to moderate. like others mentioned it's just a pain in the ass to go down there. how late do the buses run to shibuya again?

Guest jmatsu
best place to do that.when the place is packed and the girls are drug enduced.

has anyone ever smoked crack in tokyo? smoking crack, clubbing, and fucking. it's so hard to get cocaine in tokyo now days...

Guest jmatsu
shit, i was trying to find weed. dont know the suppliers.

my friend went to a club in tokyo and girls were cutting thier arms with razors. i want to know which club that is.

did everyone dress gothic-lolita style? i heard there's a vampire-themed club/event with blood fetishes...

where was that club at?

Guest jmatsu
caligula?

shit. there better be a club called caligula there or im boycotting the december trip.

that'd be a great name for a club. how about club sodom (not the fake samurai guy in streetfighter).

seriously are you heading out? you're not allowed to contact your girlfriend.

Guest jmatsu
arent all nihongos closet ninja's though? carry them little swordlets and shit?

yeah they hide ninja stars in their butts.

limey english lesson:

poofter = fag

tart = ? ...i just neg repped some bitch and called him a tart without a 100% knowing the meaning.

sod=?

Guest jmatsu
erf. you dont wanna hear about monday night...

cocktails on her

hotel on her

and yeah.. she wasnt hiding ninja stars.

do you know any english ladies living in tokyo?

how do british people feel about the sounds japanese girls make during sexy time?