Sounds like something that isn't quite so easy to get ahold of.

my eyes are starting to go bad, and i need glasses. i have a big head, where can i get vintage looking oversized frames in nyc?

RETROSUPERFUTURE, bold and trendy...... i see them on ebay for $100-120 ish for the basic......

basicrxclear.jpg

ciccioblue2.jpg

basicrxcleargrey.jpg

basicrx.jpg

those all suck

Guest umhaha84

4982624298_bffe5a810f.jpg

can anyone ID this for me?

model no. or name to be exact.

So fakes? I thought Hong Kong was ok for buying stuff :S

i suggest you stop shopping online.

YOU-ARE-SO-DUMB-YOU-ARE-REALLY-DUMBFO-REAL.jpg

Looks a lot like Tom Ford style TF142 without lenses in it. But the ones in the pic look more like an acetate frame than a metal frame like the TF142.

Guest umhaha84

^ thx but small details suggests it's a different model.

those look ill. would like the model name aswell

pretty set on a pair of tom fords. just trying to decide what i like best. soggestions?

Thoughts on these? I'm getting really tired of searching.. takes me a few years to find a new pair of specs and these are close enough to what I want that I'm willing to just settle.

rCj8k.jpg

w9sMk.jpg

those look ill. would like the model name aswell

pretty set on a pair of tom fords. just trying to decide what i like best. soggestions?

The model is Nicholas Hoult. The glasses are Tom Ford.

The model is Nicholas Hoult. The glasses are Tom Ford.

Pretty sure they meant the model of the glasses, not Tony Stonem.

FYI:

Gilt is selling Barton Perreira Sunglasses and Eyeglass frames right now. I got some for $98. I think shades are in the low-mid 100s

Thoughts on these? I'm getting really tired of searching.. takes me a few years to find a new pair of specs and these are close enough to what I want that I'm willing to just settle.

Im feelin them

rCj8k.jpg

w9sMk.jpg

i am the same with searching for new glasses, might bight the bullet and get these. they fit my massive head well and are the closest to what I am looking for but they are expensive.

071610_cutler_n_gross_0772_glasses_2.jpg

those glasses fit well and look good.

anyone have any other suggestion for a two tone black and clear pair? i was hoping for something with a narrower arm to it.

I'm thinking about these black and clear two tones by salt.

http://www.saltoptics.com/detail.php?id=134&pageindex=32&categoryid=1&orderby=4

If you are looking for something similar in style but with a unique color. Try looking into Spectacle Eyeworks. They have some in that shape but with a "stone", rock-like finish. They are a bit more edgy but they are pretty cool.

Spectacle is the best I think but it is expensive. There is a good on out near Runnymede in Bloor West Village. Best thing I always do it to try on in the store and then order online. The are much cheaper that way.

Humber Optical is near Jane and Bloor which is probably what you mean. Great service, but pricey. Don't go to Spectacle. Minh Chau Optical on Spadina (@ Dundas) is the only place I've seen stock SALT.

I was going to try/order online, but it's cheaper for me to go to this optometrist recommended in College/Park. 30% off if I get my prescription filled when I purchase the lens. What are some trustworthy sites though, super? I was going to order from Popular Glasses but they sometimes list sizes I know for a fact don't exist, and they have their colours a bit mixed up at times, too.

Gafas (Queen west of Spadina) carries Salt. Their prices are about the same as Spectacle, but I wasn't too crazy about their staff. Spectacle is expensive, but fwiw their staff are very friendly and helpful.

Where can I find Mykita acetates in Toronto?