Looking for a versatile black frame for a smallish oval face that won't break the bank, any suggestions? I want them to be stylish enough to wear to a social event yet be appropriate for a job interview

something similar to the YSLs on the previous page that i'm posting below, but I do not want any prominent logos246_34.jpg

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i actually did purchase a pair of ronsir zyl frames...

they are really nice, you pay a deposit for the cost of 1 pair, and send you about 5 or 6 frames of sizes/colors you want to try on.. here is an email they sent me before i ordered...

Thank you for the interest. Here is how it works...

The Ronsir (new, top quality frame with full warranty) from us directly with Slipper or Taper temples (pieces that go behind the ear) is $95. The Ronsir with wrap around Aztec or Relaxo cable is $115. FedEx 2-day shipping is $12.95. Payment is via Visa or MasterCard. If you do not know your sizing, we can send 3-4 frames of varying size/color as a trial if a deposit for one is received. No obligation. All refundable except shipping. So, either $107.95 or $127.95 gets the trial. Normal retail is around $200 per frame.

We handle all types of lenses as well. The price is based upon your prescription

values and what you would like. In your case, it would depend upon how thin you would like the lenses to be. The pricing for good quality, clear lenses with UV and scratch protections is (per pair)....

Regular Plastic - $87

Polycarbonate - $90 20% thinner than regular plastic and impact resistant.

Higher index plastic - $150 30%-35% thinner than regular plastic.

If you go with the trial, after you receive the frames you can.......

- Request lenses. We start with another frame just like the one you select.

After you receive the completed order, please send trial frames back.

- Keep none and please send frames back for refund less shipping.

- Keep the one you like and please send others back. We would be even.

- Request another frame/size. Shipping charges would apply.

To return frames, regular mail is fine. We recommend delivery confirmation.

To order we would need - Visa or MC # with

expiration date and the billing/shipping addresses. You can email info. or call

800-242-3636 M-F 9-5 Eastern. Our secure location for sending credit info. is

https://secure.shuron.com/contact.htm .

how is the quality on Fabulous Fanny's frames?

The quality of Fabulous Fanny's frames is quite good, considering the price. I purchased a pair from their in house "Spectaculars" line for $135. I've worn them almost every day for a year a half, accidentally dropped them a few times, etc. The hinges are still perfect, and there are no visible scratches. The quality of their vintage frames of course varies.

Wow they do that? Fantastic!

Howd everything go with that Vamp? And do they come with things in which to ship the others back with etc?

Fill me in :D

you pay for shipping both ways.. see the email below.

it's best to shoot them an email if you are considering.. they are very nice to deal with, and usually respond quickly to email, fast 2 day shipping

for me, it was like this

1. pick out a couple of colors and frame sizes.. pay for 1 frame, and they will send you 5 or 6 trial frames of whatever combination colors and sizes you need

2. you recieve your frames, try them on, see what you like/what fits.

3. i need rx lenses, so i will call them to order a new frame with the color, size, and prescription i need, and they will ship the completed frame

FYI i bought this

blackchassissidecatlgp.jpg

Thank you for the interest. Here is how it works...

The Ronsir (new, top quality frame with full warranty) from us directly with Slipper or Taper temples (pieces that go behind the ear) is $95. The Ronsir with wrap around Aztec or Relaxo cable is $115. FedEx 2-day shipping is $12.95. Payment is via Visa or MasterCard. If you do not know your sizing, we can send 3-4 frames of varying size/color as a trial if a deposit for one is received. No obligation. All refundable except shipping. So, either $107.95 or $127.95 gets the trial. Normal retail is around $200 per frame.

We handle all types of lenses as well. The price is based upon your prescription

values and what you would like. In your case, it would depend upon how thin you would like the lenses to be. The pricing for good quality, clear lenses with UV and scratch protections is (per pair)....

Regular Plastic - $87

Polycarbonate - $90 20% thinner than regular plastic and impact resistant.

Higher index plastic - $150 30%-35% thinner than regular plastic.

If you go with the trial, after you receive the frames you can.......

- Request lenses. We start with another frame just like the one you select.

After you receive the completed order, please send trial frames back.

- Keep none and please send frames back for refund less shipping.

- Keep the one you like and please send others back. We would be even.

- Request another frame/size. Shipping charges would apply.

To return frames, regular mail is fine. We recommend delivery confirmation.

To order we would need - Visa or MC # with

expiration date and the billing/shipping addresses. You can email info. or call

800-242-3636 M-F 9-5 Eastern. Our secure location for sending credit info. is

https://secure.shuron.com/contact.htm .