how do we feel about transparent/crystal frames. such as:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-50888373590496_1995_96058492[/img]

or some wooden frames. m.a.d.e or the like.

I have a pair that's similar to the above, but with squarish and much wider frames. It only looks good on ppl with big eyes imo. Not only that it magnifies signs of fatigue/tiredness.

so i was at good will and found some nice glasses with frames i really like...

they're prescription glasses and i was wondering if i could get them made into sunglasses and made a bit smaller (it fits a bit large)

any info where and how much it'll run me would be greatly appreciated!

(i live in OC area)

I dont think it's possible to shave glasses down to size when it's already made. It would just totally mess with proportions, and would ultimately be pointless.

You can, however, make eyeglasses into sunglasses with tinted lenses. That's not too hard, and doesn't cost too much. At the same time, I don't think it's cheap if you want them to do a good job, and add polarization.

The thing is that I think those frames are meant to be bigger and more ironic. It might look good oversized with tinted lenses if it fits your face. If it doesn't, then that's another story I guess.

I'll be on the lookout for modern or smaller alternatives for you. If I notice it, I'll report back.

I've been wearing these Hackett Bespokes for over a year now.

2397947242_58ed132597_o.jpg

(sorry for the crap photo; I couldn't be bothered with my camera)

before them, I bought a green pair of Prodesigns when they just came out- but I started spotting them on several other people within a month; made me almost belligerent.

I saw these really interesting Lafonts last year that had a simulated wood finish; looked like it had a blue-grey stain rubbed into it; very nice and they weren't too expensive. Lafont made a range of those to my knowledge- not sure if they still do though.

Solid black acetate frames NEVER suit my face somehow but I really want them to.

I've read about Le Photon des Vosges which sells rare vintage frames in Paris; hope I can visit one day.

Just wondering, are you Asian? If you are, I'm wondering how those frames fit on your face. More specifically, how do they sit on your nose bridge (if you're Asian)?

Just wondering, are you Asian? If you are, I'm wondering how those frames fit on your face. More specifically, how do they sit on your nose bridge (if you're Asian)?

yep I'm Chinese/Malaysian. they fit fine actually; the bridge of my nose is quite prominent for an asian so I don't really have problems with plastic frames. but sometimes I come across a pair that bumps up when I smile especially with wrap-around sunglasses; not a big deal though- I just don't wear those.

I know a few people have already done this on the board, but I am VERY excited for the Ray Ban Wayfarers I got turned into glasses... having it done at Moscot. I tried on some of the Moscot Originals and they didn't really fit my face (looked too dark, mostly because the lenses were sort of small on me)

Also, I preferred the weight of the wayfarers. Plus, they've got a new Rx in them (I haven't had mine updated for like 4-5 years)