any opinions on Shuron? I've been thinking of picking up a pair of clear Freeways. they're wayfarer-esque and seem classic. not that familiar with the brand, though. thoughts?

Also... i'm really liking those Moscots too. good price too.

I ordered a pair of Shuron glasses last year and they have been in one piece since. I ordered by phone with a knowledgeable clerk in South Carolina who recorded my size and had my frames shipped to my house within a week. Shuron has a very broad and timeless selection of frame designs since Shuron has manufactured eyeglasses since 1865. They offered to apply my lens prescription but I had that done at Optical One after reviving the first pair that actually fit to my liking. The price was reasonable and preferably a better pick than any style I could have chose at my optical store. Visit their web site and find a style that appeals to you. I think it's worth the try. My frames are the "Freeway" style.

tumblr_mj6gzq5wEo1qjmfvno1_400.jpg

oliver's people. my gregory peck still collecting dust after I went for corrective surgery. still awesome imo

Edited by zeewye

I am curious about SuFu's opinion on wearing glasses if you don't need them. I've always wanted to wear glasses but despite my dad, brother, and mother having issues with their eyesight mine remains unimpaired.

I am curious about SuFu's opinion on wearing glasses if you don't need them. I've always wanted to wear glasses but despite my dad, brother, and mother having issues with their eyesight mine remains unimpaired.

i'd pass on wearing glasses if you don't need them

• 2 weeks later...

last year i got a pair of oliver goldsmith's shipped from japland and have been so very satisfied with it ever since.

yH1RXrP.jpg?1

consul-s model in that celluloid material. same type used to make guitar picks, so it's got more polish and it fits every occasion/outfit for the most part just because the shit's so basic, but done well. and not ray-ban-ish.

as good as it is, i recently stopped by the dita store however and fell in love with this fucking thom browne pair in the satin grey variation:

OvcX5cB.jpg?1

goddamn it.

• 2 weeks later...

i've had some oliver people's arnaldo for a couple years now, looking at these two anne et valentin frames for something fresh: 1161-3.jpg

AV-AUSTIN-930_1.jpg

Austin

56773-a_3.jpg

974-1.jpg

Flora (all tortoise)

really impressed with this brand when i tried them on, though i've never really been into chunky plastic frames these really did something for me

^ i've come across their stuff in an advert on smith journal. have you handled them in real life? how is the quality?

The quality is quite low, its what you would expect out of a frame that costs that much. They try to pass it off as the same quality as a pair of frames that costs five times as much but the truth is you're getting what you pay for when it comes to the finish and feel.

^ you're talking about warby, right, kiya?

i haven't handled warby parker, but have so with oscar wylee. i'm hardly a connoisseur but the frames felt of decent quality. in fact, the matte frames in particular, felt very nice and quite substantial in hand. i haven't yet received my pair so time will tell but they felt on par with the RVS by V, LA eyeworks and moscot frames i've handled.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally somewhere I can unleash my spectacle nerdism

-------

My collection

L.G.R for Cherine Magrabi - the Tangeri. Only 20 were made.

Polarized custom lens.

7b43dce5.jpg

a905974ad4df11e19b6422000a1e95d8_7.jpg

Thom Browne tb017 in Tokyo Tortoise

aa608722bd6911e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

Linda Farrow for Alexander Wang - this one is in matte leather with gradient smoked flash lens.

eca2c788b20d11e19dc71231380fe523_7.jpg

Cutler and Gross 0734 in Grey Horn

b5d4e4929b6611e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

8b5bfa12.jpg

6b1ba7447b6943204f2104876ed882f5.jpg

e6b9a1d1d51945a023b4f6acab041319.jpg

Edited by hedonist222

Matsuda - old Japanese brand.

notice the design on the temple and frame edges. designed to look vintage steel

2012-10-10145011.png

Details from the matsuda

2cc54b2762ca52eb97b93bbc5e3c4006_zps157e8ed8.jpg

Moscot - Lemtosh in 49-24

2012-10-21113738.png

2012-10-21120645.png

Edited by hedonist222

I met this cat who is making wooden sunglasses the other day, he figured out the lens path so you can actually switch out lens for prescriptions if you want too. I'm gunna try and get a link to he stuff yall need to peep this

The black plastic on my frames has started to fade and now has a white dusty appearance.  Anything I can do to restore the color?

White, dusty, milky and fading means the plastic has been oxidized and is drying out.

Either naturally or from prolonged or excessive use and lastly being exposed to the elements (including sweat).

There are products that restore color. You apply a chemical to it that literally moisturizes it. But the chemical itself will eventually dry out too. I do this to certain plastic, vinyl and rubber parts of my car.

need thoughts on these. would it be ridiculous to spend almost half a thousand dollars on these?

and how are the quality on this particular collaboration?

img-thom-browne-glasses_123604727894.png

Thom Browne by Dita are top quality eyewear.

But saying 'almost half a thousand dollars' is pretty melodramatic....

I agree with sean9 though.

They're very simple looking & other than quality workmanship, they don't ready justify the price.

Get something nicer.