thanks, but they are sadly out of stock so i didn't end up getting them. i am actually getting some bespoke frames made by r. benley (some older du who sources acetate from japan and then makes custom frames in adelaide) - they are costing me a bucketload but fit perfectly and are light. pretty similar looking to the tom ford's i posted (which i will probably try get in the future if they're still in producton). his website is the most embarrassing thing in existence, full of ugly as fuck women's frames that hasn't been updated since 2008 so don't bother googling haha. he has a few places in melbourne/sydney that stock his stuff as well i think.

Edited by conqueror

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Grimm those are tart Arnels sported by dean. You can obtain the vintage pairs on ebay. But if you don't mind the reproductions ( which I have a pair and they are well made in Japan). Just google tart arnels and contact them, i delt with the owner on my previous purchase and he was very informative and a well spoken gentleman.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so, lately i've been wanting to buy new glasses since i've been wearing the same pair for the past 3, almost 4 years now lol. i've been looking at moscots, more specifically the lemtosh. how's the quality? any other companies with similar frames around the same price range?

hmm, HAVEN just got these frames in, may buy a pair since the prices are pretty good

http://havenshop.ca/the_latest_news/garrett-leight-latest-eyewear-delivery/

Edited by Jokez

garrett leight frames are great, i recently stopped by their new flagship store in LA

nice quality and feel, i recent bought my gf one of their 'rialto' sunglasses... very flattering classic shape

some of their other keyhole-bridge & vintage-inspired models are a lot nicer than moscot and oliver peoples

at the same-ish price point... definitely recommend. i've said this many times before, but, do try before you buy, online shopping is rather difficult for glasses

thanks vamp ^__^

i'm looking at the kinney and hampton, but i'm probably going to go with the hampton + clip-on. the oliver peoples with clip-ons posted a couple pages back looked cool and i remember you posting a pair of shurons with clip-ons that looked nice (don't know how i remember this lol)

GlHg8.jpg?1

wish i could try before i buy, you're right on the online shopping for glasses being difficult. ordered a pair of sidewinders from shuron back in the summer thinking they'd fit my face fine and declined their try a bunch of pairs thing like an idiot. they ended up looking terrible on me x______x

nvm, spectacle in toronto carries garrett leight, guess i can try.

Edited by Jokez

• 2 weeks later...

Introducing Globe Specs Eyewear from Japan

globe+logo.png

We've always been big fans of eyewear in both sunglass and prescription lens versions. We think too many people overlook their eyewear. For something that sits on your face and is normally the first thing somebody sees on you more attention needs to be paid.

Unfortunately with one large corporation controlling nearly the entire eyewear market worldwide both quality and design have faltered on a global scale. It used to be that the best frames came from Italy and France. Times have changed, now the best high-end designers are producing their frames in small shops across Japan. We're huge fans of many of those designers; from Dita to Thom Browne, the best eyewear in terms of quality is now coming from Japan.

We wanted to bring in an eyewear collection that had not been sold in the states, something with vintage stylings, and a line which is fully designed and produced in Japan. We've found that line and are happy to announce that with these five styles Globe Specs is being sold outside of Asia for the first time. No detail is spared, from the shape to the finish to the cases, this is beautiful eyewear. All models can be used as sunglasses or prescription lenses can be put in.

Tetsuya Okada is a Japanese eyewear icon with over 30 years of experience in the high-end optical industry. Starting in the early 1980's he was the reason a major Japanese optical retailer grew outside of Asia, but working for another company was not his destiny. After leaving this larger company Mr. Okada set out to create the ultimate optical boutique and collection in Tokyo. He has now started his own retail stores and collections which are regarded as being one of the most highly coveted eyewear lines in Japan.

Using Japanese artisans trained in hand-made frame production all Globe Specs frames are made of the highest quality acetate, titanium, and stainless steel available.

Our friend Jake Davis shot a great video of Tetsuya Okada, check it:

GS_5_03.JPG

GS_5_07.JPG

GS_5_06.JPG

GS_5_08.JPG

GS_4_04.JPG

GS_4_06.JPG

GS_4_08.JPG

GS_3_03.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...