can anyone recommend some brands for big heads (that are preferably also stocked in australia)? basically the entire oliver peoples range and most dita's just looks ridiculous :(.

really? most ditas are actually too big for me

what are some of the frame sizes that fit you? 52-xx//54-xx??

i don't really know frame size but i have a huge dome (i need almost a 7 7/8 in new era). the store had about 4x pairs of dita's i liked and they were all too small. he said they probably have some bigger frames but he didn't stock them. this would be my first pair of optical glasses and although rayban wayfarers (the sunglasses) fit okay i don't really want to go down that route for eyeglasses. he also had a pair of tom ford's i liked but the arms (?) were too short. would love to try shuron but they don't ship here and i preferably need something angular/not round as i have an oval shaped face, guess i better try looking at more generic and common labels.

edit: think i need around a 56mm :\. height doesn't seem to be issue, its lens width.

Edited by conqueror

Guest INDIGO QUEEN

Spent 18 months looking for glasses I didn't feel like a dork in - ie still sexy and feminine

Eventually found:

Fred "St.Lucie" platinum plated rimless glasses with a rose cut diamond at each side.

As soon as I it them on I knew they were the ones.

Expensive but worth it...

Only able to locate these so far. Not bad but I think they're a bit small for me.

db7b3fb0eb8511e1b95b22000a1e9f9a_7.jpg

there is a small optician store in berlin near the APC store that still has a few of these lying around i think. but i'm not sure if it's the exact same model. i sadly forgot the name because i wasn't planning on buying them

can anyone ID these sunglasses for me, if possible? If not, something close. Cat-eye style but the cat-eye is pretty pronounced on these.

KZjtE.jpg

can anyone id or suggest something similar?

Second/Thirding this... love those squared off frames

Edited by Stacks

these...

oliver-peoples-x-takahiro-miyashita-the-soloist-glasses-02.jpg?w=800

there is a small optician store in berlin near the APC store that still has a few of these lying around i think. but i'm not sure if it's the exact same model. i sadly forgot the name because i wasn't planning on buying them

I actually have these! They are Oliver Peoples Sheldrake frame from 2011. Color is called ... Matte Sycamore. Most Oliver Peoples retailers will be able to back order older stock. The clipons are made by another company FOR Oliver Peoples and if you go through them directly, they are about 50 dollars cheaper. I got my clipons custom colored: Brass hardware + brown glass - and they were only about 110 dollars. I got the frames and clipons at a store in Toronto called Opticianado. But they also sell both the frames and clipons at Spectacle in Toronto (more expensive.) Any Oliver Peoples authorized dealer should be able to hook you up, though.

sheldrake.jpg

Edited by seabass

these...

oliver-peoples-x-takahiro-miyashita-the-soloist-glasses-02.jpg?w=800

I actually have these! They are Oliver Peoples Sheldrake frame from 2011. Color is called ... Matte Sycamore. Most Oliver Peoples retailers will be able to back order older stock. The clipons are made by another company FOR Oliver Peoples and if you go through them directly, they are about 50 dollars cheaper. I got my clipons custom colored: Brass hardware + brown glass - and they were only about 110 dollars. I got the frames and clipons at a store in Toronto called Opticianado. But they also sell both the frames and clipons at Spectacle in Toronto (more expensive.) Any Oliver Peoples authorized dealer should be able to hook you up, though.

sheldrake.jpg

Those aren't the Sheldrake. They are from the first Oliver Peoples X Takahiro Miyashita "The Soloist" colaboration, as posted earlier in this thread. If you look closely, the Sheldrake is more rounded, and The Soloist has metal arms. I've only ever seen them at an actual Oliver Peoples boutique.

Edited by beaver

Those aren't the Sheldrake. They are from the first Oliver Peoples X Takahiro Miyashita "The Soloist" colaboration, as posted earlier in this thread. If you look closely, the Sheldrake is more rounded, and The Soloist has metal arms. I've only ever seen them at an actual Oliver Peoples boutique.

This is the truth - in fact the arms on those previous ones are metal, while the Sheldrake has plastic arms. However, the Soloist frames are also available at Spectacle in Toronto! They are quite a bit more expensive, though.

well, at 25yrs old my eyesight is getting worse and worse so i need to take the plunge and get glasses. as mentioned, i need a 55ish size frame due to my huge head/wide nose. dita insider's look perfect, but i'm sort of wary of buying them online (store near me has a few pairs of dita's but not that model) without trying them on considering how expensive they are. a 56 size lens would be perfect but they seem to be really hard to find unless you want some ugly ass ones. some 54's in certain shapes could potentially work but i'd rather be cautious when ordering online.

anyway, an australian site with a fairly decent return policy has these tom ford's - i can't try them on as no store near me stocks them, but if they don't work out i can exchange them. size 55. what do people think?

the du isn't me, its just taken from the website.

I9bIQ.jpg

Edited by conqueror

sheldrake.jpg

cool frames everywhere. but i think people should take into account how they will look on their face and head shape...