Gafas (Queen west of Spadina) carries Salt. Their prices are about the same as Spectacle, but I wasn't too crazy about their staff. Spectacle is expensive, but fwiw their staff are very friendly and helpful.

Where can I find Mykita acetates in Toronto?

Both places have nicer stuff and are relatively expensive. A few other shops to consider in the downtown core is Optic Zone. The store is small and disorganized but the staff is really cool and very helpful. They carry Salt and I hear their prices are pretty reasonable. Also, Eyewear by Emery. I don't know what Emery's prices are like but you can order custom plastic frames. The staff is really nice there too. They are inside the TD Tower @ King and Bay

Humber Optical is near Jane and Bloor which is probably what you mean. Great service, but pricey. Don't go to Spectacle. Minh Chau Optical on Spadina (@ Dundas) is the only place I've seen stock SALT.

I was going to try/order online, but it's cheaper for me to go to this optometrist recommended in College/Park. 30% off if I get my prescription filled when I purchase the lens. What are some trustworthy sites though, super? I was going to order from Popular Glasses but they sometimes list sizes I know for a fact don't exist, and they have their colours a bit mixed up at times, too.

There are a lot of places in the GTA that stock Salt. They really blew up in TO like 2 years ago but they are slowing down a bit. But it is still a popular brand in the GTA.

Hey guys thanks for all the help. I am literally there for the day. I fly in around 10 AM, checking out the Leafs game at 7PM and then gone. It seems like a lot of places have Salt, so who will have the best prices. I will have a car so I should be able to get around as long as its not crazy far. Proximity to downtown and shopping would be best.

Thanks

can anyone point me in the direction to a good wayfarer? i don't really want to shell out the money for ray bans but if i must i will just looking for cheaper alternatives.

ray-ban's wayfarer is the cheapest made in italy on the market, unless you want made in china....

Currently wearing my Warby Parker Webbs. I've been wearing them daily for about 4 months now. I'm pretty rough on glasses and these are the first in the sub-$100 range that appear capable of meeting my challenges. I actually did a home try-on first to test them out and was blown away by the sturdiness of the frames and beefiness of the hinges. I bought the frames in amber and the color/ pattern is beautiful. I also have a pretty strong prescription but the lenses (hi index add-on) aren't noticeably thick. The anti-scratch and glare coating is also doing its job wonderfully.

At the time, I was comparing a few of WB's frames to frames from See Eyewear and I didn't see enough of a difference to pay 3x more for See. The only slight problem I'm having is the hinge has become a bit loose on the left side, but that's because I'm constantly removing my glasses using only my left hand. It happens with all my glasses and I'm sure when I get a moment to take them into a shop it will be a quick fix.

Does anybody know where to get decently priced glasses similar to this, either clear or black? http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lej9ffZJnx1qcdg4no1_500.jpg

And what kind of glasses work with rounder faces and large nappy hair? I've never really found a pair that I liked the look of on my face type / hair style.

Sorry, I'm a glasses scrub.

Just got a new pair of glasses..

A custom handmade pair from Moonwoods made of Striped African Ebony Wood.

kiya.jpg

kiya1.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with the Warby Parker glasses. I am thinking of grabbing two pairs now that they ship to Canada but I am curious about the quality?

I've had a pair of Warby's for quite a few months now, maybe six? For the price, they're definitely a great pair of glasses. I normally wear contacts during the day so I usually only wear mine during the evening but so far I haven't had any complaints, I'd dropped them a number of times and they hold up surprisingly well.

nice kiya but how heavy are those?

Not very heavy actually, you'd think they'd weigh a lot but they're quite light.