You are indeed, correct! Thanks Baatz! I laughed when I saw Kalle's response to that post I linked. :]

I almost convinced myself they were Dita New Yorkers but the rim seemed a little thin on those. What made you want to keep looking for them?

Hehe.. I really don´t know how you made them to be Dita New Yorker :-) Well it just kind of became a thing i just needed to know, took me like 50 min of intens search :-) They look great!

I think a pair of Oliver Peoples Riley 48 would fit your face better. Have you tried them ?

I haven't seen that brand actually - i ended up going with a less intense style, i don't know how well those round frames would work on me...

Found a local store yesterday carrying some frames by two brands I had never heard of: YELLOWS PLUS and VISION OF DIVISION. The quality on them was superb; felt very solid and well made, but were very pricey ($450 - $620CAD). I wanted to find more of their frames to try on in my area (Vancouver) but no luck so far...

Anyway I recently bought Oliver Peoples' Deacon (storm) & Riley 48 (cocobolo) and I've been veeerry happy with them :o)

Found a local store yesterday carrying some frames by two brands I had never heard of: YELLOWS PLUS and VISION OF DIVISION. The quality on them was superb; felt very solid and well made, but were very pricey ($450 - $620CAD). I wanted to find more of their frames to try on in my area (Vancouver) but no luck so far...

Anyway I recently bought Oliver Peoples' Deacon (storm) & Riley 48 (cocobolo) and I've been veeerry happy with them :o)

thats fucked up hahaha

vision of division for 4-6 bills canadian? get the fuk outta here

Anyone have any experience with Warby Parker? I was waiting for them to get their try-on pairs back, but I figure I might just take the plunge sight unseen.

I bought my glasses off of them and I was pretty happy. that virtual try on thing was surprisingly helpful.

thats fucked up hahaha

vision of division for 4-6 bills canadian? get the fuk outta here

lol yeah.. I knew everything in store was marked up extremely high, especially after seeing the two VOD frames on this page (http://www.marunouchi.com/shop/detail/5033_index.html) with prices ~330 CAD...

Anyway, I'd love to get a pair from YELLOWS PLUS one day... :o) I really like their no. 621.

lol yeah.. I knew everything in store was marked up extremely high, especially after seeing the two VOD frames on this page (http://www.marunouchi.com/shop/detail/5033_index.html) with prices ~330 CAD...

Anyway, I'd love to get a pair from YELLOWS PLUS one day... :o) I really like their no. 621.

yeah 330 seems more reasonable......i got mine in NY for 280 ish from a store called focal index on mercer? but maybe they are even cheaper in JP? it says made in japan

none the less i can vouch for the quality

also they fit my face like a charm.............

Anyone have any experience with Warby Parker? I was waiting for them to get their try-on pairs back, but I figure I might just take the plunge sight unseen.

I got a home try-on a couple of weeks ago. Don't even remember when I requested it but the wait was long enough that I'd completely forgotten about it by the time the confirmation email came in. I ended up ordering a pair tonight (and its the same pair that I was leaning towards after a virtual try-on). The quality seems really nice, but I only had a few days to test them out.

I hope I'm not too late to stop you but don't do it. I waited for the home try-on and it was worth it. There were quite a few I liked but only 1-2 looked right on my face. If I had just bought the pair I liked it would have been a huge mistake.

I gotta say I have never in my life had better customer service from my initial emailed questions through final delivery. They will help you any way they can.

There glasses are American optical vintage frames, i think the size is 48-22.

you are abel to get them on ebay.com very often for around 50 dollars just search for "vintage eyeglasses" on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320577085005&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

this ended some time ago but it is frames just like these you wanna buy.

419149531_ce4772ff74.jpg

Vintage NHS 524/545 frames. I used to have them in a tortoiseshell when I was a kid (I think everyone in the UK of a certain age who wears glasses will remember the NHS glasses). They were free and kids used to make fun of me for having them, but heck do they look good looking back now.