thanks, catch!

the nolan 48 looks nice, indeed, but i can´t find a shop in my area, taht carries Salt eyewear and i really want to try them on first.

Absolutely my friend. I think eyesociety would let you return them and even refund shipping? I'm not 100% on that but it's worth checking out.

http://www.eyesocietyonline.com/SALT-OPTICS--Optical_c_22.html

dolceboys2.jpg

what glasses are these? standard rayban clubmasters?

Either that or Shuron Ronsir, every other frame I've seen like that is either square or has some sort of branding on it.

http://eyeglasses.go-optic.com/store/eyeglasses/details.asp?id=23453

Currently toying with the idea of getting the Cutler & Gross 0772 in the black gradient. Probably gonna go down to the eyeglass place and have them order a pair for me to try on.

Any of you guys read Mode Optique? It's a Japanese eyewear magazine that I've been dying to look at but can't seem to find anywhere.

Looking for honest opinions. Went and started the process of getting new frames and I've all but settled on the Oliver People's Riley. I tried these on, they're a 45, and I'm not sure if they're too big or not. I did try on a 43 but didn't get a snap, I felt guilty enough trying a bunch on when I wasn't ready to buy yet (hence the pose, I was more than a little uncomfortable taking self-portraits in the mirror of an optical boutique).

250p0u0.jpg

2whjfig.jpg

I'm looking at either the Storm or Brushed Brown (or a similar dark colour). Something dark but not matte black.

op_riley_strm.jpg

Oliver_Peoples_RILEY_BIG_7OO-4267

I'm coming from a squarer Ray-Ban frame, so I'm looking for something a little different. Plus my current frame is too big for my face.

So I went to the glasses place and tried on some of the gradient frames that they had. They were okay, but I tried on the few transparent/clear frames that they had thought they looked pretty great.

Any recommendations for transparent/crystal frames? I know that the Salt Optics Martin frame comes in crystal (I'll probably go with these if I can't find any others) and so does the Shuron Freeways.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought maybe some of you guys would have experience switching non-prescription lenses to prescription ones.

Usually if they are sunglasses the lenses can't be switched out for regular prescription lenses, right?

Thought maybe some of you guys would have experience switching non-prescription lenses to prescription ones.

Usually if they are sunglasses the lenses can't be switched out for regular prescription lenses, right?

If you have a good lens maker they can make lenses for literally any pair of glasses with the exception of single lens wrap-around types.

I think i found them this time !

http://www.vintage-brillen-shop.de/epages/62043603.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62043603/Products/0115

Looks very much like the one you are talking about !

You are indeed, correct! Thanks Baatz! I laughed when I saw Kalle's response to that post I linked. :]

I almost convinced myself they were Dita New Yorkers but the rim seemed a little thin on those. What made you want to keep looking for them?

Morganthal Fredericks sale going til end of August. A year or two ago I remember it used to be everything slashed. Am I wrong? Now the sale is only on the frames that they don't make and I'm sorry to say the selection is laughable. But then again, I'm more of a conservative type for a conservative job so I can't have wacky frames with bright colors.

I saw a Robert Marc pair or two that I liked but am unfamiliar with this brand. If anyone knows anything about them I'd appreciate it.

Seen a few Robert Marc frames in Covent Garden a while back. Quite traditional styles, but with some quirky elements, which makes for a nice subtle contrast. Build quality seemed good, they felt nice in my hands.