Anyone ever heard of this brand? Know where they might be found?

2496804575_caefa2ef95_o.jpg

These have been out for a while now. They're sold out but you can find them used on Yahoo Japan. Hakusan is an eyeglass manufacturer and Tenderloin is a clothing company. Quality is REAL nice.

I'm looking for a frame that's pretty much to exactly like this:

39548732ls8.jpg

Dita Insider. I'm pretty sure that those are them... in fact.

i'm desperately trying to find these glasses (or a similar style):

http://img231.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80296_img119_122_360lo.jpg

(also, as you'll notice, on cole mohr. he really pulls off glasses well, huh.)

Those are Paul Smith Optics.

There are already two threads in supershopper for those Paul Smith frames. Like someone else already mentioned, Oliver Peoples makes a similar frame; however, I can tell just from looking at them that the quality of the Paul Smith is VASTLY superior.

alex_and_chloe_sunglass_lookbook_pg_23.jpg

I really like these. They are sunglasses but you can make them Rx. I hope they fit my head, I have sort of a narrow face :o

thoughts anyone?

It should fit your face. His face is as narrow as yours, hahahaha.

yard - my opinion for those Cape Towns for use in terms of SUNGLASSES is that the red stripey ones are better. black ones are not copworthy for use as sunnies.

I don't think the reds are out of line if you use them for sunglasses in LA. I think they look even better as eyeglasses, but it's not for everyone.

Perhaps a bit hipster, but what the fuck is alex & chloe? :o

Those look pretty nice.

I was thinking of doing that also, but I felt the shape was a bit too rounded for my face [though I don't think this'd matter as much with sunglasses].

Just saw these "Alex & Chloe" glasses on oak's site:

altux_regular.jpgaltux1_regular.jpg

Opinions? They look nice, undecided on the white highlights, but they are cheaper than the ksubis by a bit.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1040844&postcount=153

i posted that a few posts up. those are the cape towns im talking about, btw.

sure, they look good, but they're way too plain jane.

then again, those red ones would not work for your style, so do as you wish :)

Ah, just saw that now haha.

I agree, wtf is an alex & chloe?

I guess you're right, but most wayfarers are pretty plain anyways.

The oliver peoples x ndg one looks pretty okay, but its a bit more expensive than what i'd want to spend.

And yeah, red sunglasses for me? Haha, no thanks.

You should do a search for Moscots. There is a lot of good info in a bunch of different threads about them. I own 8 pairs right now and I'm kinda addicted to them. They are wonderful glasses and the sales staff (both online & in person) are fantastic. The Miltzens are actually the only frames they make that I don't own. I just prefer the thicker frames.

Here is an old pic I posted a while back of a few of my pairs.

2449907080_51eaf68b06_o.jpg

how are moscots?

does anyone happen to have a pair?

im interested in the miltzens in particular as i think a rounder frame would look better on my face.

any help is appreciated.

miltzen_tort_clr.jpg

I owned a Miltzens. Looks great with a slim face i suppose.. I like to wear them a bit lower on the nose.

About the quality, it is no where near the best unfortunately. Does not have a solid feel to it. You should definitely try it on before you buy. It's a love it or hate it thing.

I was interested in buying a pair of Moscots until I tried them on in-store. They feel extremely cheap and plasticy (they're made in china, for one), which makes the fact that they raised their prices by like 40% (probably due to their popularity) even more ridiculous.

all from this page http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14549&page=4

This is really a "you get what you pay for" issue. I love all the Moscot frames I have because of the look and styles they offer. I also have several pairs from Oliver Peoples, SALT. Optics and Effector that are made in Japan are far superior in craftsmanship. The major difference between the Japanese made brands and my Moscots is about $125-$200. The Moscots are around $170 per pair before Rx and the Japanese frames start around $300 per pair.

If you like the Moscot's (especially the Vilda's, which are my favorites) they they are worth the price and are made better than any average frame that cost less (even if they are made in China). If you have the cash to spend over $300 on frames then get one of the brands mentioned above, they are worth every penny too.

If you need a proxy in NYC try Dark Animal. I believe he still does pickups in the city and Moscto's has 3 locations so I'm sure he lives close to one of them.

Hope that helps.

alex_and_chloe_sunglass_lookbook_pg_23.jpg

I really like these. They are sunglasses but you can make them Rx. I hope they fit my head, I have sort of a narrow face :o

thoughts anyone?

well I finally ordered these after failing to find it locally here in L.A.

hope it works out lol. might be making them Rx

Thinking of getting a pair of Mykita Acetate Frames. I'm asian and due to the lack of a nose bridge I was thinking of getting these which are called Marlie. Do you guys think they look too feminine? They have it listed as UNISEX. I wanted to get the Jacks but they seem too big for my face.

marliefl.jpg

marliesl.jpg

Thinking of getting a pair of Mykita Acetate Frames. I'm asian and due to the lack of a nose bridge I was thinking of getting these which are called Marlie. Do you guys think they look too feminine? They have it listed as UNISEX. I wanted to get the Jacks but they seem too big for my face.

marliefl.jpg

marliesl.jpg

'

fem is in, i actually like them. my dad has a pair in the same shape but wiht a metal frame. they look good!

Mykita plastics:

regardless of whether Marlie is unisex or not, imo, it's just a poorly designed frame that fits neither men nor women.

Jack is great if you have a high nose bridge otherwise forget it.

Romy seems to be the "it" unisex frame for us, but Cedric and Enzo are unreachable.

• 2 weeks later...