Atlanta Meetup!!!

Gunitx333

I'm down for a meet as well; I can throw a rock from where I'm typing this post and probably hit the brickstore but that place is always packed.

Had an idea if <8 people were coming... ann's snack bar; the ~45 minute is great for talking to strangers anyway and even if you don't like the company you get a ghettoburger for your troubles. Major drawback right now is that the wait could be brutal in the cold...

I heard it closed...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey where can i find some denim at? maybe some apc new standard. i just want to try them on the see how it fits first. but the only places i went to were Wish and Barneys. they both didn't have any apc in. but the guy at barneys told me that they might not get any for awhile because apc factory burned down. any1 heard about that? i also found out that sid mashburn have some apc but i haven't been there or called to see if they have any in. is any2 know any more places that sells denim lmk. thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Too bad ATL doesn't have any kind of a variety of good denim, not just the standard fare like Barneys Co-Op. Barneys is fine, but Georgia has a history of famous textile mills that once produced cotton like the big boys in North Carolina. Now cool operations like Raleigh Denim and Imogene/Willie are the style. Hoping once the economy comes back that businesses take a chance on ATL's spending potential!

• 2 months later...

A little late to the game, but you're absolutely right sacredblue. Unfortunately, most people here don't give a shit about denim (or style at all for the most part).

Sid Mashburn is an incredible store and they carry a little bit of LVC. other than them and the RRL store, it's pretty barren. Although, there's a cool store in the burbs (Braselton, I think) that carries Raleigh denim and some other nice things.

• 1 year later...

will be in atlanta for the next two months

anything new in the area? this is the first time i'll be back since 2007

• 2 months later...

Atlanta is a fashion graveyard. We have literally next to nothing.

Barney's Co-op was our one decent place for denim/nice shit. And it just closed because absolutely no one shopped there except for a small handful of people. Around here, people's idea of high fashion is j Crew. It's a sad reality.

Wish has some streetwear if you are into that. But it's still nothing special and they basically cater to the urban hypebeast crowd.

I'm ashamed to call this place my home.

• 6 months later...

I was in Atlanta for two months this past summer.

It was really unfortunate that Barney's COOP in Phipps closed down. It was my favorite place to shop.

Since there was virtually no competition for jawnz, some of my most epic cops came from there.

Wish has really gone downhill. They used to have Band of Outsiders, MMM, Acne, and etc. Their streetwear selection is really lacking. They have super hypebeasty stuff like Crooks and The Hundreds. Norse projects is possibly the only decent label they carry. They still have a pretty good selection of sneakers. Looks like they have a tier 1 + jordan accounts.

Standard in Lenox is pretty crappy but I managed to cop some Kitsune stuff for super cheap.

I really don't understand the appeal of Sid Mashburn. I guess some people, especially the GQ crowd, swear by the store but it's sort of a glorified / overpriced j. crew. I guess it caters to the "yuppies" who wear head to toe ralph lauren with rainbows & lanyard+sunglasse combo. You know, that fratty UGA uniform type of crowd.

Atlanta allowed me to cop ultra high-end stuff that would have otherwise been unaffordable, especially for college students. I am kinda thankful for that.