UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
the wallet ripped a hole in my jeans since the denim is so thin. and the fact that i never fixed it. the crotch blew out several times as well

I've thought that the old mij's as they are shown in the last two pages (with good fading going on) do look quite thin (the denim). How many oz is the denim, if anyone knows?

I know from uniqlo that the new MIJs are 15oz kaihara denim, and quite thick denim - though haven't seen a pair properly faded yet.

I've thought that the old mij's as they are shown in the last two pages (with good fading going on) do look quite thin (the denim). How many oz is the denim, if anyone knows?

I know from uniqlo that the new MIJs are 15oz kaihara denim, and quite thick denim - though haven't seen a pair properly faded yet.

2nbwqkj.jpg

svp7c1.jpg

heres a pair of the MIJ ones, i do have to agree with the old mij's being thin because one of my backpockets was showing some tear when i put my phone there only after a couple times...

• 1 month later...

I Just got a pair of these, but mine say Made In China on the tag (removeable cardboard tag), not Made In Japan. I also got these at a Uniqlo store in Korea, anyone know the quality of these? Cost me about 50,000 or something around USD$45. Anyone know how much these stretch? I'm just wondering if I should keep them if they're worth it or just return them.

Just found the website for them:

http://www.uniqlo.kr/uq/disp/UQL4CategoryGoods.jsp?curDispNo=090001004001&curGoodsNo=5167546

Near the bottom, it says that it's from China. It doesn't say it on this page, but on the regular straight fit page (S-002), it says the denim is 14 oz. Not sure if that applies to these (S-001) as well. You can also see that the coin pocket is selvage-lined as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also posted this in the evolution thread.

Hey, new here, obviously. Have been lurking around for a bit though, seeing some nice style and good info in here. Anyway, I have some jeans pics I guess I'd want to post. These are pretty crappy quality phone pics, so bear with me. I just think they're nice as far as fade and wear goes. Check em out.

uniqlo2.png

uniqlo1.png

close up

Sorry for the horrible quality. These are Uniqlo, 100% cotton. I've noticed their jeans have some spandex in them now (wtf?). These fade/wear/feel so much nicer than those 2% spandex ones.

*EDIT. Some info on the jeans..bought about 4 years ago; worn for about 4-5 months before first wash; abandoned as main jeans for about 2 years for a new pair of jeans; worn for work for another year. Washed countless times. I think most of the fade happened during work. There's also some interesting damage toward the cuff area as my job is pretty greasy (I can post pics if anyone is interested). Yeah, I'm working for Five Guys Burgers And Fries at the moment. Gotta do what you gotta do?