UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

so I'll be able to walk into the soho uniqlo in mid september to late october and pick these up in my size no sweat?
yep- so just keep checking back for more info, i'm trying to nail down a solid release date. all i know for sure is that they'll be available by mid-september.

no, dammit, I went in the other day for some 34's and they were out and said it would be two weeks before they have more.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freehold closed down sometime last year, there's a Charlotte Ruse going there something soon. The Menlo Park one seems to be closed too, due to the fact that it's not on the directory anymore. The Rockaway Townsquare seems to be opened, but we really need someone to take a ride over and see if it is or not. Sorry to burst you bubble like that.

What kind of world is it when a Charlotte Russe takes over a quality retail hub like Uniqlo...

I bought a pair of the raw and washed...not sure which to keep yet though.

The raw are bleeding indigo like crazy though. Anyone give there's a cold soak to get rid of some of it? If so did you lose a ton? Did they remain dark?

Any opinions on how to go about pre-soaking these is appreciated.

I bought a pair of the raw and washed...not sure which to keep yet though.

The raw are bleeding indigo like crazy though. Anyone give there's a cold soak to get rid of some of it? If so did you lose a ton? Did they remain dark?

Any opinions on how to go about pre-soaking these is appreciated.

I've not soaked these jeans yet. But here's a generic suggestion for your consideration.

Just pop them into your bathtub and soak them in 2-3 changes of water. Cold, warm, whatever. Indigo isn't water soluble, so you'll just release the excess that isn't fixed onto the yarn. That should help the bleeding somewhat.

Indigo being indigo, will, however continue to crock off.

I've not soaked these jeans yet. But here's a generic suggestion for your consideration.

Just pop them into your bathtub and soak them in 2-3 changes of water. Cold, warm, whatever. Indigo isn't water soluble, so you'll just release the excess that isn't fixed onto the yarn. That should help the bleeding somewhat.

Indigo being indigo, will, however continue to crock off.

Thanks RingRing...I just wanted to get some of it out. Compared to other raw jeans I have owned none seemed to lose indigo like these that were bleeding all over my hands (maybe I just don't remember how the other were when new though).

Anyway, many thanks for your response it was exactly what I was looking for.

haha, yeah i knew this would be a problem the second i picked up the jeans. the price tag was already blue. in fact the girls siting next to me in class were pointing out that my hands were a shade of blue, something i didn't notice cause i'm partially color blind. they thought i had really bad circulation or something. being my first pair of raws, I assumed this was always the case, but i guess not. anyway, i'm just gonna deal with it and not chance a cold soak.

i wouldn't recommend wearing white t-shirts or dancing with girls in white dresses though....

i learned the hard way

i've been getting a lot of PMs asking about measurements. here they are using BiG method:

once again, for 32x34

waist: 33" (they stretched. might even be as big as 34.)

front rise: 9.5''

back rise 12.5''

upper thigh: 23"

inseam: 34"

knee: 8''

leg opening: 14''

cock: 6''

are those the 002s?

and as far as the leg opening.... does that mean 7" on each side? i dont understand BiG style

I was out and about and uniqlo have loads of signs up (at least two weeks ago now i think) about them selling japanese denim. Also i think that there might of been some selvage denim instore already. I cant remember i couldnt be bothered to walk upstairs to check them out.

Last time they were around i got some with the green selvage i think it was. They were nice for £20 but i took them back due to just fitting abit weird on me.

Also anyone who wants them from the UK ill be happy to run around and pick some up for anyone.

im after a pair mate but im a fat bastard so not sure what sizes they go up to

When's the drawing for the contest? Just curious as it has been up for awhile

edit: thanks omega. I browsed a few pages back but somehow glanced over that. I always appreciate the sufu contests. It's nice of them.