UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems all their range is Kaihara denim but only the 000 range is selvedge.

I have the one wash regular fit blue S002 here in a 34x30 and they are what I would call a 501 style fit (I appreciate there is a range of 501 fits so I reckon '47 is the nearest I could suggest).

Also have reg blue S002 34x32's here that I bought then decided were too long - happy to sell for anything near what they cost - never worn but untagged. (hope that isn't out of line but can see some people are jonesin for them and can't get hold). PM if interested.

I was in the Regent St. store yesterday and they've pactically sold out so unless you're a weird size like a 40" waist you might be out of luck. They also told me they're not expecting further deliveries, but I didn't have much confidence in the sales assistant issuing this information so it's not gospel.

UNIQLO's new premium selvage denim range uses 14oz 'mother cotton' denim fabric- nice and heavy, whereas other selvage jeans are typically produced using 12 or 13oz denim. And, by using 'mother cotton' for both the horizontal and vertical threads, UNIQLO has achieved a richer, deeper shade of indigo that will provide multi-faceted and unique wear.

Interesting detail- every single stitch in each jean utilizes supima cotton; most premium denim lines do not use this higher-quality cotton for their stitching.

Stay tuned for more UNIQLO Selvage Denim Facts- more detailed photos coming soon!

UNIQLO's new premium selvage denim range uses 14oz 'mother cotton' denim fabric- nice and heavy, whereas other selvage jeans are typically produced using 12 or 13oz denim. And, by using 'mother cotton' for both the horizontal and vertical threads, UNIQLO has achieved a richer, deeper shade of indigo that will provide multi-faceted and unique wear.

Interesting detail- every single stitch in each jean utilizes supima cotton; most premium denim lines do not use this higher-quality cotton for their stitching.

Stay tuned for more UNIQLO Selvage Denim Facts- more detailed photos coming soon!

14oz? isn't that about standard for most japanese denims?

And supima cotton, it'll be interesting to see how the hold up. Kinda reminds me of APCs cashmere blended ones.

wow, thats cool.

OK, so from what im gathering, the 000s are slim fitting and the 002 version is regular fit? is the construction different, or just the fit?

thanks for the info btw OMC

Denim is 100% japanese, as is the case with all of UNIQLO's denim.

there will be fit photos forthcoming, i think there may be some in the

regular UNIQLO denim thread.

14oz is not some sort of industry standard for selvage- there is a fair amount

of it, but it doesn't represent any sort of overwhelming majority.

the S-000s are a skinny fit model, yes- the 2's are a essentially a slim straight.