San Diego Meet-Up

Servo2000

The rest of So Cal isn't true So Cal. If you aren't living 20 minutes from the border you're just everybody else. So, San Diego meet-up. I say we do it sometime in the next week-and-a-half, before I get busy once again.

But that's just me.

We could either just do a SuFu Meet-Up Lite and grab some breakfast / lunch at Hash House, or go all the way, and grab some dinner / wander around... but still eat at Hash House. Fuck, that place is too good.

Not much shopping in San Diego as you've probably noticed, so I don't know what to say about that. Probably a pass.

Anyway, PM me if you're interested or have ideas and toss up a link to this thread in your sig with a notice about it. Get the word out.

Currently Possibly Maybe Planning on Attending

Servo2000 (Ian)

Topvillain

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure hipset works at steady/unsteady. We chatted about jeans and shit when I was there a few months ago. I forgot to ask if he posted on sufu, but I'm pretty sure it was him.

edit: this kinda sounds stalkerish.

Servo, I'm down, but I don't think I can do it so soon, probably sometime in Sept.

And a TJ meet would be legit. Pictures would be forbidden though...

If we're doing it in September we might as well go to the Dan Deacon / Girl Talk concert. I don't possibly see how that couldn't be good times.

I'm pretty sure hipset works at steady/unsteady. We chatted about jeans and shit when I was there a few months ago. I forgot to ask if he posted on sufu, but I'm pretty sure it was him.

edit: this kinda sounds stalkerish.

I've actually never been to steady / unsteady. Decent store? I'm bored as fuck, I might just drive out there today.

I've actually never been to steady / unsteady. Decent store? I'm bored as fuck, I might just drive out there today.

They carried PAM, Mishka, Stussy, Cheap Monday, some nice shoes - I forgot what brand and some other stuff. I was mostly checking out the PAM and Cheap Monday when I was there. Its definately the best store in that area. And if you are doing it in late Sept me and moy might be able to make from UCLA.

If we're doing it in September we might as well go to the Dan Deacon / Girl Talk concert. I don't possibly see how that couldn't be good times.

I haven't been to steady, but unsteady is decent. Alot of hypebeast stuff. From what I've heard though, steady is supposedly for the more fashion conscious people.

EDIT: I second UNIV. They're really cool people.

i've been to unsteady in my hypebeast days, walked by steady a bunch of times but it was always too late or just closed.

a TJ meet up would most likely be censored and too much for the sufu boards as im sure we'd end up at Adalitas before the night is through and i've got a girlfriend, so no go for me.

unsteady was the best before steady opened. i have only been there once since steady opened but it was during a season change - low qty of all the cool stuff. mostly girl stuff from what i saw.

im down for a meet up, how about a bike ride? oh its critical mass this friday, if any of you want to get down.

-later days.

Come to think of it I don't even know, I just heard they were playing in San Diego on the 27th. Let me check...

edit: looks like they're playing at the Epicentre, so a decent venue. Soundsystems not bad, it's not SOMA but at least the quotient of shitheads won't be as high as it might be at SOMA.

You can buy tickets here.

I'll be going to this whether-or-not we end up doing a SuFu meet-up here / before / whatever, so I'll see you there either way.

Alright, so the 27th is sounding decent to everyone?

Should we meet-up in the area (or elsewhere, whatever) beforehand and get some food?

PM Me if you even think you might be coming and I'll add you to the original post just so we can get a headcount started.

Name / Phone Number / Useful information would be good as well.

Come to think of it I don't even know, I just heard they were playing in San Diego on the 27th. Let me check...

edit: looks like they're playing at the Epicentre, so a decent venue. Soundsystems not bad, it's not SOMA but at least the quotient of shitheads won't be as high as it might be at SOMA.

You can buy tickets here.

I'll be going to this whether-or-not we end up doing a SuFu meet-up here / before / whatever, so I'll see you there either way.

I live in Mira Mesa, where the Epicentre is. Holla.

So not getting too much of a response for the 27th, but hopefully I'll see some of you anyway since it ought to be a good show regardless. Don't be afraid to throw the limp wrist.

Still, late september seems to be sounding like a good time for most people. Earlier than the 27th? Later? Anyone else know of any good stuff coming up in San Diego?

SO emm... I would like to go down to San Diego sometime to do a superfuture So-Cal photoshoot goin' on in Fall... maybe I can bring Moy and MrIP along when they get down to attending UCLA this new school year.