San Diego Meet-Up

Servo2000

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you end up going to Steady Servo? I actually went yesterday to find that almost all of the men's stuff was going for 50% off.

I'm all for a meet up... if possible before I head back to school. I'm home until the 19th and will probably be home every other weekend there after.

Mexican food....

Any spot south of the 8. Actually, the 54.

steady & unsteady are open 12-7 everyday, except sundays when we close at 6. come earlier than late, sometimes if it is slow we close closer to 6.

for any fixed gear riders i am trying to get thursday night rides going, they meet at 7 infront of unsteady. Tonight was the first, rode with Prufrock and a couple other friends.

it's all about the california burrito from el cotixan (past the 52) and a bottle of their hot sauce. go there around 2-3am and you're sure to see nothing but drunk college kids, it's relatively calm there before that.

as well as robertos (the 2nd one) out towards the air field on la jolla village drive. 2-3am, drunk azns.

i may be one of the few SD heads that doesnt want a BARNEY'S and/or a H&M in SD. nothing against either company.. because both are good. SD is just way too disturbingly mall trained.

I certainly wouldn't mind them, but being that this is San Diego I wouldn't be surprised if the supply of decent brands is going to be sorely lacking. I'd also like to see it in a slightly more interesting area (agreed on SD being mall trained). We don't really have an "luxury" shopping area just yet, so I guess they saw Fashion Valley as the only real option, which is unfortunate. It'd be interesting for them to move somewhere downtown-ish and hopefully inspire a more diverse market in that area.

agree servo. it will be intersting to see what the buyer of that barny's will do. there is also a True Religion boutique that is also suppose to open in fashion valley mall. it is going to be interesting to see how that will affect the bloomingdales and nieman marcus sales of their TR stock. that mall is going to be disturbing when that store opens. hopefully it wont be anywhere near the barny co op. and i can only imagine that the TR store will play blarring loud music like that other popular san diego store located in every mall.

Stopped by Steady boutique this morning finally. Tsubi jeans 50% off, some PAM stuff, a few Trovota pieces that aren't terrible. Endonavera jacket and then some other random striped-shirt-los-angeles style pieces. Only had a few minutes, so I might have missed something, but overall, sorta meh.

Stopped by Steady boutique this morning finally. Tsubi jeans 50% off, some PAM stuff, a few Trovota pieces that aren't terrible. Endonavera jacket and then some other random striped-shirt-los-angeles style pieces. Only had a few minutes, so I might have missed something, but overall, sorta meh.

It's reliably above-average, which is what I like about Steady. It's a great store to me because almost every time I go there I find one or two things that I want and can afford - a rare shopping experience.

It's reliably above-average, which is what I like about Steady. It's a great store to me because almost every time I go there I find one or two things that I want and can afford - a rare shopping experience.

That seems a pretty good description. There was definitely a thing or two I would have liked to have tried on but didn't have time, and at quite reasonable prices. Nothing jumped out at me and went "you need this," however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah i had to evacuate from rancho bernardo, according to reports my house is not on the trashed list. hope every sufu'er is not in danger. shits mad hectic.

also on another note i found out that steady boutique in hillcrest is curently carrying some new brands like wings + horns, corpus, yoko devereaux and b son. they even got an online store for all this.

http://shop.steadyboutique.com/pages/mens-designers