Best of WAYPST (What Are You Photoshopping Today?)

ordo

This thread is a collection of the best Photoshop work SuFu has to offer. If you have seen something in another thread that you liked, post it here so it doesn't get lost. Team PhotoChop Unite!

Here are a few to get the ball rolling.

oMfGG BoREDZ ASdff..... sidneylo = avril lavigne? Thread

sidneylavignevj8.jpg

^ CLICK!!!

Actually, I heard that Daft Punk were playing at his house.

daft_punk_are_playing_at_sids_house.jpg

Fun with wEstSidE

From the Teach Me Kamera Thread

Westside_Pirate_01.jpg

From the Just a Pizza Place Thread

We have an opening for a pizza boy.

westside_pizza.jpg

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or how about sharing with us some tips on how to manipulate colors or the edges of items, so that they blend together so nicely?

Tips in general?

I am not really sure what would help you. As far as colour manipulation goes, the Color Balance adjustment layer is a good place to start for non-destructive color correction. You need to have a basic eye for colour correction, that is, if your image is too red, then add some cyan, or too blue, add yellow. You can play with the various levels and go back and tweak them after if you are not happy with them.

If you are going to composit images together, it is important to make sure that the various images match in terms of things that are difficult to change in Photoshop - lighting, camera angle, image quality / resolution, etc.

If you have a nice evenly lit shot (like one of Sidney's) it does not work well to have a flash snapshot dropped into the picture because the lighting on the overall scene won't look right. When I did the picture that I intended to Photoshop into Sid's background, I made sure the lighting was very even - not direct sunlight or flash - so as to match his background.

It also won't look right if one image is sharp, clear and of high resolution, but another is grainy, or has lots of image noise in it.

The same goes for camera angle. In the shot of Westside holding the pizza boxes, I had to search for an appropriately angled shot of the boxes (ie: a straight on side shot) because if I tried to stick in a top-view box shot, the angles would not match and so the image would not be believable.

I could probably go on forever but I don't want to bore people. If you have questions just ask. I will do my best to help out or give suggestions.

Ordo, thanks for the tips but a lot of those are something that I already know. What I'm really interested in is knowing how in the hell you even managed to crop sidney's picture without a single mistake visible. If i'm not mistaken, I've heard that the Pen Tool (or perhaps lasso tool) works wonders. I can deal with Lasso but the Pen has a harsh learning curve when used in Photoshop. I've always tried to vector in Photoshop but it was quite easier to do in Illustrator.

Not to play down ordo's work, but masking Sidney in that picture is a relatively easy job. He has a very prominent silhouette which is easy to trace with the pen.

If you want to be good at masking, learn the pen tool. Master the pen tool. Practice, practice, practice and get the hang of it. It will make you much better and more efficient at masking.

Agreed - the masking is nothing difficult at all. I just cropped him and stuck him into my background. It was probably more difficult to remove Sidney from his background so that I could stick my self in (this was before he posted his blank background). I had to clone stamp him out and make sure the brick pattern was not interupted. The other thing that was tricky was creating the shadows under my feet from scratch so that they looked realistic. Adjusting the colour and saturation were the final touches.

Ordo, thanks for the tips but a lot of those are something that I already know. What I'm really interested in is knowing how in the hell you even managed to crop sidney's picture without a single mistake visible. If i'm not mistaken, I've heard that the Pen Tool (or perhaps lasso tool) works wonders. I can deal with Lasso but the Pen has a harsh learning curve when used in Photoshop. I've always tried to vector in Photoshop but it was quite easier to do in Illustrator.

The pen tool is not the only non-destructive method of cropping in Photoshop. You can also create masks, either by quick mask or by using the various selection tools. I will often use the Polygonal Lasso tool to draw around a shape and then save it to the layer as a mask (assuming the shape which I am masking has a defined edge). This way if I am not happy with the mask I can reload it (by Command or CTRL clicking the mask), either add or subtract from it, and then reapply it to the layer.

If the object being masked does not have a defined edge, then I would look at using the Extraction tool or Mask Pro, depending. Mask Pro is really the best masking tool, but I would mainly use it for more complex jobs, such as ones involving hair, fur or the like.

Ordo you have nice skills. Do you ever use magnetic lasso or extract?

My preference is not to use the Magnetic Lasso, but I do use Extract sometimes. I don't like that Extract is a destructive method of masking (ie: it removes pixels). I find it is difficult to get a good clean mask the first time with Extract. To get around this I will usually duplicate the layer which I want to crop, use Extract on it, then Command (or CTRL) click the cropped layer to make it into a selection. I then clean up that selection with Quick Mask or the Polygonal Lasso and then apply the clean mask to the original layer.

the magic wand can be really sloppy, but oh do i always end up using it in some way...

don't have time tonight to find past favorites. for now, the post that accounts for about 85% of my rep:

wizkit is the urban boy version of may!!!!!!

896344160_9ee5451b5d_o.jpg

totoro1.jpg

totoro.jpg

That's brilliant. I'm tempted to photoshop myself into your modified version and use it as... I don't know, a christmas card or something.

Here's one where I made Chris 12 feet tall. Too lazy to find the original image.

451dceq3bk2.jpg

Funny thing is, except for the shitty job I did on the hair, it really doesn't look that disproportionate even though I probably blew him up a good 50% from the original image.

From the DD+1 Thread

chicken, this is awesome.

these jeans have made your life more exciting and eventful.

will you continue your many activities after your month is over?

you're setting the bar very high. by the time the jeans get to me, i'll have to single handedly invade and conquer a small nation, or something.

mizbo.jpg

That's brilliant. I'm tempted to photoshop myself into your modified version and use it as... I don't know, a christmas card or something.

"A Totoro Christmas" - I can already imagine the explosion of cuteness...

Sweet:

Birthday WAYWT - Rockin the yoyo steez for Sid & Dino

2007-08-08.gif