Visvim F/W 07.08

mike lowrey

Union LA is at 20% right now. Two-tone G Line Kiefers and Nez Kiefers are there but the sizes are going fast because there are so many colors. Also leftovers of the Serra Boots, FBT Sewards and some Skynyrd models (and one purcell Logan in Navy, 11). Lots of Visvim apparel on the second floor and backpacks too (but I didn't see the e-cat or the hex rucksack).

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Valdez coat from the F/W collection today.

The jacket is amazing. It's basically Visvims version of an N3B crossed with a down jacket. Gore-tex 2L and goosedown filled, so its very light but also very warm. The details are great - leather toggles instead of plastic, riri zippers, heavy duty reinforcinng are the elbows and leather detail at the front pockets. Came in a very nice garment bag too, along with a FIL wooden hanger.

I'll post some pics if anybody is interested once I get my camera back.

you trippin, you know damn right we want pics, hook it up already

I got my Valdez coat from the F/W collection today.

The jacket is amazing. It's basically Visvims version of an N3B crossed with a down jacket. Gore-tex 2L and goosedown filled, so its very light but also very warm. The details are great - leather toggles instead of plastic, riri zippers, heavy duty reinforcinng are the elbows and leather detail at the front pockets. Came in a very nice garment bag too, along with a FIL wooden hanger.

I'll post some pics if anybody is interested once I get my camera back.

you trippin, you know damn right we want pics, hook it up already

union la carries lots of the visvim line (relatively) but the shoes sell out really quickly. it's kind of a crapshoot.

i think all the LA locations of undefeated have visvim shoes too - not sure if it's just g-line though.

Just picked up the japanese line overdye hoody at union. This is seriouly the most comfortable sweater I've ever owned. The extra money for the giza cotton is totally worth it.

At 20% off, the LA store's stock is disappearing rapidly, especially for the sweaters. I think pretty much all larges are gone now.

Sorry for the delay, but here are some pics of the Valdez jacket I got a week or so ago. I also apologize for the mediocre quality of the pics!

Closed:

100_0025.jpg

Open:

100_0022.jpg

Arms in so you can see the massive elbow reinforcements:

100_0029.jpg

Semi-shakey closeup on the leaf logo on the left cuff:

100_0026.jpg

Closeup on the Riri zip and elk leather pull:

100_0028.jpg

The other small pocket on the sleeve also has a riri zip but I didn't take a picture of that.

Now that I've worn it to work and outside a lot I can say for certain thatI've never worn a jacket that was so warm yet weighed so little. If I wear much more than a light sweater (say a heavy hoodie) its almost uncomfortably warm, yet the jacket weighs almost nothing. The hood is also abolutely massive and, when up all the way basically wraps your entire head (except your face) with fur and then has the kind of extended visor type part that goes out 3 or 4 inches all the way around to stop any chance of water or snow from blowing into your face. You can also fold the visor-ish part back if you want to keep it out of your way (that's how it's photographed in the Visvim catalog and most other pictures I've seen).

Just to sort out any confusion that some might have at the Union L.A location along LaBrea. Union L.A carries the Visvim Japan shoe and clothing line and the g-line clothings. Undefeated L.A has a g-line shoes account. Couple other stores along the Southern California area such Blends Orange County and Greyone Pasadena are suppose to have the G-Line clothing and Shoes. Hope this helps anyone who is confused about the Visvim Stockist stuation here in SoCal.