Visvim F/W 07.08

mike lowrey

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

better ask when the bag was released, if the seller says it's from 05s/s or later, then it's a 10000% fake

not sure abt earlier collection though, but i think V 's bag first appeared in its 2005 s/s "Relativity of colour" collection

the tag on that bag looks pretty messy as do the tassles...i'd vote for fake

Stopped by union today. They had the new smaller ecats for about 330 and the regular ecats for about 400.

I tried on the smaller one, it seemed a bit awkward with the large shoulder strap. I almost prefer the large ecat because it feels a bit more balanced.

Both with the patches. The only had the olive color, I dont know if the other colors were sold out.

They had the pea coat rirawin wore in waywt a few days ago.

Some new waist bags made out of elk and patent leather. Got in all the visvim wallets. Nice elk leather stuff, the wallets ranged from 150 for a coin pouch to about 250 for a bi fold with a zipper.

Got the new serra boots with the speckled midsole. They had the new logans with the purcell top cap, but only in navy.

Also had the new backpacks with the patches in white, black and olive.

They had a cap that looks very similar to the style cotton duck has been wearing in waywt lately for about $160.

Still had tees, hoodies, crews and fluxus.

Still had towels, candels and cologne.

Had free catalogs of all the g line stuff coming out which is basically a fold out poster.

One side had all the g line stuff, the other had the picture of alaska that was on one of the tees.

UNDFTD had some new g line stuff. The patent mowats and the 2 tone kiefers which were my favorite out of the bunch.

Also had a bunch of headporter+ flanels which were pretty nice for about 160-200.

Just received my Gore-tex field jacket (another stellar performance from Jake Unkutt) and I have to say it is an absolutely stunning piece of work - really incredibly high quality.

My only complaint is this; compared to the S/S 07 Nomad Paclite jacket, they seem to have made the hood significantly smaller. Has anybody else noticed this? I bought this jacket to brave the harsh Scottish rain and, while the Nomad's hood pretty much protects my entire head, the hood on this one is quite a bit more conservative.

Apart from that, though, i am blown away; from the cut and shape, the taping on the seams, the materials used and the general shape, it is a fantastic piece of outerwear. Built to last for sure.

anyone know if there are still ballistic k packs w/o patches (or w/ nez perce detailing) still around...either in FIL stores or reseller shops?

I really regret sleeping on these now that all those ugly-ass patch covered ones are out

Try contacting slam jam and firmament by e-mail, they may not have them up on the website but still have them in-store for sale

Just received my Gore-tex field jacket (another stellar performance from Jake Unkutt) and I have to say it is an absolutely stunning piece of work - really incredibly high quality.

My only complaint is this; compared to the S/S 07 Nomad Paclite jacket, they seem to have made the hood significantly smaller. Has anybody else noticed this? I bought this jacket to brave the harsh Scottish rain and, while the Nomad's hood pretty much protects my entire head, the hood on this one is quite a bit more conservative.

Apart from that, though, i am blown away; from the cut and shape, the taping on the seams, the materials used and the general shape, it is a fantastic piece of outerwear. Built to last for sure.

Where can i cop this jacket ? Any help appreciated

You can try using a proxy service. E-mail Jake Unkutt ([email protected]) and see if he can help you out with buying the field jacket directly from FIL. Otherwise, your next best bet would be to go through Yahoo! Japan Auctions, in which case you'd need another proxy like sharpservice.jp, japanhookup, etc. There's a sticky thread in supermarket with more info. Hope that helps.

Get in touch with Jake Unkutt on this very forum; I've dealt with him a few times and he is amazing.

The only thing is, you might, at this point, be hard-pressed to get your hands on one at this point. Apparently, they sell out really fast - especially the smaller sizes.

Good luck!

You can try using a proxy service. E-mail Jake Unkutt ([email protected]) and see if he can help you out with buying the field jacket directly from FIL. Otherwise, your next best bet would be to go through Yahoo! Japan Auctions, in which case you'd need another proxy like sharpservice.jp, japanhookup, etc. There's a sticky thread in supermarket with more info. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help. I need help with sizing though since its a big purchase. I'm a 38" chest measured so i'm thinking a medium is the way to go ? Also is there an inner jacket with the field jacket and townsend ?

• 2 weeks later...

It's still 30% off at Union NYC, but the only good stuff is exempt. For shoes they have the logans with the purcell toe, new G line logans, nez perce kiefers, Serra boots with the speckled sole, FBT seward (only sand color size 9 and 11) and the new g-line polkes. Sold out of most sizes and marked way up. They still have the backpacks; alaska ones and the hexagonal rucksack.

I got my Valdez coat from the F/W collection today.

The jacket is amazing. It's basically Visvims version of an N3B crossed with a down jacket. Gore-tex 2L and goosedown filled, so its very light but also very warm. The details are great - leather toggles instead of plastic, riri zippers, heavy duty reinforcinng are the elbows and leather detail at the front pockets. Came in a very nice garment bag too, along with a FIL wooden hanger.

I'll post some pics if anybody is interested once I get my camera back.

Logans Lo just dropped at Surrender, buttery elk leather goodness. It was around 450SGD, JP retail should be around 20-30SGD less as that's the average markup that Surrender usually has.

Oh, and asked the SA about the upcoming S/S and Folk line, he was pretty tight lipped about it (either that or my asking skills are poor) but he did mention that the Folk line will consist of 3 items only, not sure how accurate this info is. And there's one FBT that's gonna be called the FBT Llama.