Visvim F/W 07.08

mike lowrey

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union NY had the new G-line Kiefers, the Logans, Mowatt mocassins, and Seward FBT's. Kiefers were 250, logans 290, mowatts 250 (?) FBT's 268.

They also got the new backpacks in. Very nice looking in person, may end up picking one up.

the logans you are referring to are the ones with the jack-purcell toebox?

serious? huh. What fabric is it normally applied to? Say on the Nomad paclite.

Paclite is something different, I believe that its actually a highly breathable, waterproof Gore nylon fabric.

But typically Gore-tex, as in XCR, is used in conjunction with a layered nylon shell. Gore -tex by itself is a weird, soft, chalky, rubbery substance - thats the only way I can describe it.

Now more people use Gore to make a garment more breathable and weatherproof out of all kinds of fabrics - which is strange to do with a Fabric like Harris Tweed, which I believe is wool, and is therefore highly breathable and weatherproof on its own.

Paclite is something different, I believe that its actually a highly breathable, waterproof Gore nylon fabric.

But typically Gore-tex, as in XCR, is used in conjunction with a layered nylon shell. Gore -tex by itself is a weird, soft, chalky, rubbery substance - thats the only way I can describe it.

Now more people use Gore to make a garment more breathable and weatherproof out of all kinds of fabrics - which is strange to do with a Fabric like Harris Tweed, which I believe is wool, and is therefore highly breathable and weatherproof on its own.

Interesting shit. You and Seenmy schooled me.

learn something new everyday eh, I only found it out a yr or so ago when researching fabrics,visvims and a few other labels use of it is interesting but i thin its used as much for its functional values as it is for its brand name, as people will associate with gore tex with price and quality.

as people will associate with gore tex with price and quality.

True.

The other weird thing, tho, is that anything branded by Gore-tex has to pass a rigorous testing process by Gore in order to ensure the products quality. This often leads to modifications in the design - for instance, for a long time Gore wouldn't put Gore-tex in anything without pocket flaps and a flap over the zipper because it compromised a garments waterproofness. So basically, if you wanted to use Gore-tex, Gore would have to partially design your product.

I think that since technology has gotten better, Gore has become more laxed about the use of Gore-tex, but I also think it has to do with them starting to cash-in on the brand more. I wonder if the use of the name is different in Japan.

Does anyone have any info on the sizing on the Gore-tex field jacket from this season? Anyone own one yet, or anybody tried one on?

The Nomad (paclite) i have from spring/summer is a Medium and, as far as sizing goes, it's pretty huge - I'd have been better with a small. Is the sizing on the ones from this season similar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

well from the catolouge description its essentially the same jacket but made from 3l gore instead of 2.5l paclite so i would image in fits simular to the summer jackets

but then again all the Visvim tees are shorter and smaller this season. 5 nations XL was 78 cm long, all of this seasons XL tees are 71 cm long.

DSC07181.jpg

I can take a better one a bit later if necessary, just on my way out now. For reference i'm about 5'11". I agree the strap could have been smaller but it's so incredibly comfy. The strap hanging around my ass is supposed to go around your waist and can be hidden easily

The 18L looks okay, but a bag that size doesn't work with a strap that big, funnily enough. The photos of a model wearing it on ace-web/cliffedge makes it look a odd too when worn. More so than the original e-cat, but nonetheless I'd like to see some pics of you wearing it :)

i think it works well, looks good to me

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/jasonfan30/DSC07170.jpg

Just bought the 18L e-cat and removed the patches. it turned out preety well, the scarring on the bag, in real life, is no-where near as pronounced as it is in the picture, the flash really brought it out.

well done, when I first saw this bag in real life I wondered how it would look like as well as the stitching marks etc.