Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

that phone looks EXACTLY like the palm centro.

palm-centro-europe-lg.jpg

I really like this. My dad wanted to switch to a family plan w/ verizon, but I hate how verizon fills the phones w/ their useless software..I know Sprint is better about it so maybe if we switch I'll get this Palm..

I need a phone that works in Japan.

I'm willing to either pay cash or trade with Self Edge store credit.

It doesn't need to be new, it only needs to send/receive calls and text messages and hold a charge for a day.

PM me.

I really like this. My dad wanted to switch to a family plan w/ verizon, but I hate how verizon fills the phones w/ their useless software..I know Sprint is better about it so maybe if we switch I'll get this Palm..

verizon doesnt stuff their PDA/smartphones with verizon software, though.

Couldn't you just buy a pay-as-you-go simcard when you get there and put it into your phone?

All you need is an unlocked phone.

Nope, they have their own network.

i have one at home when do you need it by kiya?

This weekend would be good.

all it has to do is hold a charge for 24 hours and send/receive texts and calls.

OMC.. that samsung jumpoff is dope I was checking that thing out, go for it.

^^ as for this item Im still debating it, the voyager still has VZ OS buuuutttt, It supposedly has full web browser, I haven't seen or held it yet( its sposed to be out later on this month) hopefully it won't suck. If it does Im seriously considering that samsung model that OMC is drooling over.

i roll wid dem vzw peeps, yes. got to. i cant deny that their service is on god status.

u got beef?

Not at all! I just wanted to confirm if you were. I am as well, and I've been running on a default free phone for the past 5 years. The phone you're looking at is looking real pretty, I want to invest in one.

Is anybody else looking forward to see what Google has in store for mobile phones? Apparently they're working on a mobile platform/OS in cooperation with a large number of players. Something tells me that it's going to be impressive. Either they will clean out or at least up the ante for other OS developers. I can hardly wait.

i keep going into verizon stores to play with this samsung phone and it keeps impressing me. a few dummy models in store had been trashed around with too much so i covertly ran a master reset on the device and once it rebooted it was zipping around the internet like crack through a mule.

i keep reading on all these celly forums about people reasoning verizon customer service and telesales people down to a $149 plus shipping price, i need to get my haggle on.

i didnt read the whole thread so apologies if im repeating something someone else said.

^ my wife and i just each got a centro with our new plans from sprint...we dont have att in the sticks where we live so our choices are somewhat limited. id have an iphone day one if we had the service...that said ive been running treo's for a while and though the OS is somewhat outdated, the system is light and snappy, and the screen on the centro is crisp crisp crisp. pretty excited to have a smaller phone for once(compared to the treo brick).

the plan is the real shiner though-SERO

30$+taxes for:

500 minutes

* Unlimited Sprint Power Vision data plan

* Unlimited Texting

* Unlimited Mobile to Mobile

* Unlimited Sprint Picture Mail

* Unlimited Roaming

* Unlimited Nights & Weekends 7pm-7am

* Nationwide Long Distance

* Crystal Clear Calls

* Voice Mail

* Caller ID

* Call Waiting

* Numeric Paging

* Three-Way Calling

* Ready Link

phone was 99 and then minus a 50 dollar invoice rebate. so $49 for 399.00 phone.

i took a closer look at the specs just now, how do they get away with selling this thing off as something new? just because they threw windows mobile 6 on it?

I think you should wait for a Verizon's EV-DO Rev. A phone. The 6800 should be upgradeable to Rev. A but why bother with that shit. Your Moto is still fine, just wait a little longer for the really good phone.

theyve been cockteasing me with goddamn rev A. information for a while... i dont know how much longer i can hold out.

the samsung is allegedly upgradeable to rev. A as well...

as for price, it will run me anywhere from 149usd to 250usd depending on

how much effort i put into calling telesales and causing problems.

EDIT: actually, most of what i'm seeing says that the i760 was supposed

to have rev a support but doesnt. i think i may end up waiting after all...

Just look at it this way. Even if the phone is upgradeable most of the people won't be able to do it so Verizon will release a newer version of the phone as soon as Rev A is available on it. They will never make it the only new feature so they will put either a better camera, better OS or less gay looking cover on it. Either way as soon as Rev A is available (which has to be very soon, I think 01/08) your phone will be old.

If you want it now get the Samsung otherwise wait.

its been rolled out already in all of verizon's test cities for months now, theyre expecting a full roll out by january.

the xv6800 is going to have the appropriate chipset and, depending on how soon

after the implementation of rev a they release the phone, it will either already be

able to pick up evdo rev a radio, or will need a firmware update... either way,

the xv6800 is slated to be verizon's first rev a device... hmm.

im waiting no matter what, but im not too jazzed on it:

xv6800.jpg

^ That's a rebranded HTC Tytn, isn't it? Hasn't the Tytn II been released worldwide already? It's probably much more expensive, but I wouldn't invest in this old model if I were you. Besides, firmware updates are usually not without glitches - at least that's my experience with HTC.