Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

Please post the smallest phones you know, they have to be able to store numbers and send/receive calls. Text could be useful. That's it. Good design is important.

I'm assuming that you want something small, but not so small that you can't use well.

Nokia 8800

3229100619c5ed0eef5ogx7.jpg

I've used this phone for a while, and it's great for simple functions. The phone is made from stainless steel, and it's constructed well with a good slide motion. Not only does it look great, but all the device sounds were created by Ryuichi Sakamoto. Battery life is short though, so it comes with 2 for swapping (think startac).

Nokia 6300

8873237393d27f1048dbnd7.jpg

I've only used this phone once, but it felt like a good product overall. Like the 8800, the 6300 is also made with stainless steel. The look and feel are excellent. It's reasonably small, but only suitable for those who only want basic phone functions.

There are many others, but these are the ones which I have experience with. Also, many of the phones I have in mind are too old to be used today.

Nokia is good at designing unconventional types of phones, so you would most likely find something you like from them. SE's phone design (few exceptions) has gone downhill lately, and Motorola's design is terrible. Maybe you'd like something from Korea?

I just ordered this:

samsung-i620.jpg

that phone breaks very very easily. i have a friend who's gone through 2 already. the screen is flimsy and weak and can explode in your pockets if you bump into a table or fall too hard.

on a related note, i hate my razor. its my first phone, and i never really wanted it anyways, i'd much rather have something thats A) not flip B) nicer looking C) better features. the razor was what verizon gave me, and i didnt have any say, and i probably won't for another year or two before my upgrade comes. fuck the razor.

You guys seen the N81 by Nokia?

Seriously seems like the most insane phone to be released this year..

My 6500 Slider shows up on monday...

that phone breaks very very easily. i have a friend who's gone through 2 already. the screen is flimsy and weak and can explode in your pockets if you bump into a table or fall too hard.

That doesn't sound too good. I've been using mine for about a week now and it doesn't feel flimsy at all. I will report to this thread if I break it though.

The good thing about these Samsungs though is that they have a two-year warranty, where they will actually come to your address to exchange your phone for a new one within 24 hours - no questions asked. This is one of the reasons I'm now a former Nokia fan. That and the fact that I don't like Symbian.

It's good to see that Nokia is finally back on track in the design department though. I don't know what they were thinking a few years back with that 3600 model for instance. Their current models look good.

yo how dat joint on rite owkr???

can i get sum wood grain on dat???

Dat joint is onlie gud for hospital and police cal, but u aint cal no police cuz u aint no snitch, na mean. So u can cop dem fiirst jawn, dey got woodgrain plates but yo can't git no 2pac ringtons.

i played around with that samsung model im thinking of getting and i was pretty pleased. i'll give it one more in store test run before making a final decision but overall, the handset feels nice and solid, the touch screen response was pretty precise, and call quality to my voicemail was clear.

i do and dont want a new phone. i got the economy model (i was broke as fuck at the time) when i got my first, and current, phone and i love it. it has no real features but it gets great reception, but after 2 and a half years its getting all beat up and scratched. and since i keep my phone in my coin pocket, it gets banged up so i want something sturdy that at least has good reception. so im still not sure what would appeal to me.

between those three, i'd spend the money on the wing still. it is such a nice phone, and the interface has been getting raves.

the shadow aint so bad, but that two letter two a key thing is almost more annoying than the standard.

plus, fuck this guy and his chubby bandaid fingers.